1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is some steam update activity and they said next version is in works. So it's not put on hold and patch is due in near future. But i wouldn't expect much. It's still 1.somesubversion. Not a new version, like 2.0, NextGen or expansion.

In the meanwhile if you can't play it uninstalling might actually be good idea. Fresh installing complete, new version is less likely to have issues and e.g. file discontinuities on HDD than N-times patched install.

"NEW PATCH WHEN? PART II."

When it's ready. Just need to be more patient, man. These things take time, especially for this particular game. We're all very anxious for news. Why don't you go play some other games once in a while in the meantime? Could help to sate your patience a little.
They have so many bugs to fix, little and big. Even small patches every week will do. But month and a half just nothing - it's sad and i was patient for over six months. They went No Man's Sky full silence mode, but in CDPR's case it's just not a good decision.

They have so many bugs to fix, little and big. Even small patches every week will do. But month and a half just nothing - it's sad and i was patient for over six months. They went No Man's Sky full silence mode, but in CDPR's case it's just not a good decision.
Depending on what they're doing, once they've got the most fundamental problems out of the way (patch 1.2), it's probably not the best idea for them to drip out patches. Every change in one system can have impacts on another, and we would probably live to regret asking for weekly fixes when each new fix breaks something else.

I can understand the frustration. That being said, rushing to get things done is what caused the game to be in a problematic state in the first place when it was released. So even though the wait can be frustrating at times, I prefer to be patient. In taking their time, the developers can make sure the quality of the game improves.

Last edited:
apparently small
If you look at change-log of previous patches in no way they are small. It may just seem that way because most of changes were "under the hood". And something that may look like a "small defect" might often stem from a complicated chain of events where any changes create 10 more problems for each one fixed. So i imagine most of the time is spent re-testing the game after all the changes and adjusting or reverting anything that causes new problems.

If you look at change-log of previous patches in no way they are small. It may just seem that way because most of changes were "under the hood". And something that may look like a "small defect" might often stem from a complicated chain of events where any changes create 10 more problems for each one fixed. So i imagine most of the time is spent re-testing the game after all the changes and adjusting or reverting anything that causes new problems.
Im referring to Kicinskis statement from the latest investor call, he said the next patch is going to be a minor one.

I can understand the frustration. That being said, rushing to get things done is what caused the game to be in a problematic state in the first place when it was released. So even though the wait can be frustrating at times, I prefer to be patient. In taking their time, the developers can make sure the quality of the game improves.
agreed...just wish they would break radio silence to communicate a little, considering all that's going on it leaves us with too many bad scenarios to wonder about..a simple "hey we here ya, and we are working hard in your best interest, please be patient " would go for miles for a lot of us..

It will be here when it's here. Can't see them breaking their silence, anything they say is just thrown back in their face so why bother. I mean,.. they can't even apologize without people saying it's a cheap marketing gimmick or announce they've been hacked without people speculating that they lied about it to cover up. The slight grumbling about radio silence is a lot better then they have been getting. If I were them,.. I'd keep shtum as well.

yeah ....I can see that point, but the other side of that coin is they made this bed so...and now I believe they are continuing on that less than train of thought that said releasing when they did was a good idea..maybe it's time too change their marketing strategy because like you said with this current "corporate stance" everything is being thrown back in their faces ...they made mistakes....making more will not make it better.
It's going to be a hard road now regardless so why not take it on the chin and show a better /new side...just my 2 cents

They have so many bugs to fix, little and big. Even small patches every week will do.
Seems to me they did exactly that in the beginning. And look what that brought. New issues that prevented players from completing the game. (Goro not calling).

If there is 1 issue that every game dev team faces, it is, "the implementation of fixes, patches, updates, DLCs causing new issues". That always happens. Always. Can't get around it. That has to be anticipated beforehand, else, if you do not, the game will bite you in the ass. This game in particular where all its assets are combined and dependable on one another. You fiddle with one asset, it will have influence on another. Have to anticipate that upfront. And that takes time seeing as how vast this game is.

Think it best for the team to fix entire districts simultaneously with an interval of 2, 3 months, than a handful of fixes every week.

Post automatically merged:

I'm just wondering why the apparently small patch takes the longest.
Could be because it's the most complicated?

First up, I do agree with many of the comments here, quality takes time, done when its done and so on. I also accep that CDPR have been burned a bit with their fan communication in the past.

However big gaps between patches and minimal communication is not the way to do it.

All relationships thrive on good cimmunication, CDPR is no different. In order to earn back the fans trust and 'buy' the time/patience to do the bugger redesigns there needs to be more bug fixes, more communication. Little and often is the way to do it.

We know that the bits that need to be redesigned are going to take time, likewise the content for the DLC. We want good quality content that works with minimal bugs. However to achieve that you cant just release new stuff, however good, on top of old, buggy code otherwise the new stuff will seem buggy too.

There are still too many issues in the base game that affect the players experience, too many quality of life issues. With this number of problems there can be no legitimate reason for not releasing a simple bug fix patch at least once a month if not more frequently, at least on PC. (I appreciate that patching on console works differently.)

Keep the patches small, just a few dozen bug fixes if need be, (well chosen,) will give the impression that CDPR cares, is listening, is working hard, and with a smaller patch size it should be easier and less complex to test. Win/Win.

IIt seems to me that the game engine is so broken that it is simply impossible to fix most of bugs in it. For half a year, they didn't even get to the broken game mechanics. New patches bring new problems. All of this is alarming. I just want to see that they are working. Small patches will do just fine, but instead we have nothing.

I'm really tired of hearing that management is to blame, and the developers are doing their job perfectly. This is clearly not the case. How can you not even fix perks and weapons in six months? Maybe it's easier to honestly announce to the players that the game cannot be fixed, return the money to those who wish (70 percent of the players are satisfied with the game), and proceed to the next one, remembering what happens when you rush with development and [...]?

Last edited by a moderator:
IIt seems to me that the game engine is so broken that it is simply impossible to fix most of bugs in it. For half a year, they didn't even get to the broken game mechanics. New patches bring new problems. All of this is alarming. I just want to see that they are working. Small patches will do just fine, but instead we have nothing.

I'm really tired of hearing that management is to blame, and the developers are doing their job perfectly. This is clearly not the case. How can you not even fix perks and weapons in six months? Maybe it's easier to honestly announce to the players that the game cannot be fixed, return the money to those who wish (70 percent of the players are satisfied with the game), and proceed to the next one, remembering what happens when you rush with development and [...]?
the one thing that you missed is that the devs don't get to choose ...management says when and what gets worked on..it's the way of all businesses

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just wondering why the apparently small patch takes the longest.

a large patch may have a lot of fixes but they are not as substantial.
a small patch that fixes/add for example the AI problem is a big step. police chase / crowd etc / LOD / etc
it depends on the content to fix

Do as you said, delete and forget. I stopped playing the game shortly after 1.2 patch, now it's been more than two months and I barely care when they will release anything. I just know that at some point the game will get better and I will get back to it again. Just taking a break from it can bring some good excitement for the next playthrough, especially with all additional stuff they will put into game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom