1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, a little hype train won't hurt, choo choo... :D
1623262957078.png

Said someone in 2012...
The 8 year hype train gaining momentum, combined with Witcher 3 success and promises of being as polished as RDR2 definitely didn't help the situation.

Now they've had really bad press 6 months in row, I think we could take a day to a week long ride in the hype train, especially when nothing has been promised yet.

At least I'm so far only hoping for traffic and police get more upgrades and hopefully at least some sort of vehicle chases. It's already been done with mods for ages... potentially by their own staffers, which I've heard also also contributing largely to the modding scheme.

And maybe there's some hope for them reworking couple of the driving quests, where it seems like there was a time when you could shoot those bicycle riders (after being rescued by Takamura) from their bikes rather than being forced to endure not being able to land a hit on them. The rushed release probably forced the staffers to leave the chases halfway finished and I got fingers crossed some of these issues get solved in one way or another.

Last edited:
The 8 year hype train gaining momentum, combined with Witcher 3 success and promises of being as polished as RDR2 definitely didn't help the situation.

Now they've had really bad press 6 months in row, I think we could take a day to a week long ride in the hype train, especially when nothing has been promised yet.

At least I'm so far only hoping for traffic and police get more upgrades and hopefully at least some sort of vehicle chases. It's already been done with mods for ages... potentially by their own staffers, which I've heard also also contributing largely to the modding scheme.
Personally I'm managing my expectations, as long as its fixed by the time Sony sorts out the Ps5 supply chain, I'll be a happy camper!

Personally I'm managing my expectations, as long as its fixed by the time Sony sorts out the Ps5 supply chain, I'll be a happy camper!

Supply chain. Hmm, you mean how fast the Chinese can get their flooded country up and running again enough to receive and further process the bits of processed rock that the Congolese kids are frantically digging out from health & safety-averse mines? Could be a while mate.

Supply chain. Hmm, you mean how fast the Chinese can get their flooded country up and running again enough to receive and further process the bits of processed rock that the Congolese kids are frantically digging out from health & safety-averse mines? Could be a while mate.
Viva Globalisation!

I just want them to fix the loot picking up bugs and add some minigames (and more NPC dialogs). And I want them to fix some minor bugs with the menu and others. I think it's easy to do and it will make the game a lot more fun.

I just want them to fix the loot picking up bugs
Oh yeah, that definitely. Still irritates me I keep seeing loot on the floor I just can't pick up for some odd reason, no matter how many time I try different angles. :(

And of course our favorite falling from an object in 1 feet high to instant death.
1623267672895.png

Last edited:
Loot pickup - but also z-sorting for pickup. I see a weapon and a coffee cup - it's ALWAYS the coffee cup that it wants to pick up. I have to backup ten feet and approach slowly before it triggers the actual thing I'd like to grab.

Feels like it's currently a field/range thing for pickup.
Having selection be a ray cast from the camera to whatever you're focusing on would be a big help.

To be fair quite a lot of people will say a couple when they actually mean a few!
I've lost count of the number of times I've heard "We'll be round to fix it in a couple of days"

Then there's the old chestnut "I'm popping out for a couple of beers"
True enough. However, I'm only casual with such sayings when I don't think anyone is actually keeping count.

True enough. However, I'm only casual with such sayings when I don't think anyone is actually keeping count.
Yes, or if I don't really want to say how many :)
"few weeks" could be see too much (risk of annoying all impatiens)
"2 weeks" could be too precise and not enough (take the risk of lying)

If I take the case of beers for example (perfect in this case), I could said :
"Don't worry darling, I just go drink couple of beers with my friends"
Knowing that I will drink far more than two...

I hope they will fix the inventory... it's since 1.2 I can't play :(

(And I just refuse to try to start with a new game after 300 hours)

Yes, or if I don't really want to say how many :)
"few weeks" could be see too much (risk of annoying all impatiens)
"2 weeks" could be too precise and not enough (take the risk of lying)

If I take the case of beers for example (perfect in this case), I could said :
"Don't worry darling, I just go drink couple of beers with my friends"
Knowing that I will drink far more than two...
:giveup:

If they're smart it will release before E3. If they try to release it after or during it will be absolutely buried under all of the new announcements in the coming days. CDPR needs good press right now, it will be a shame to see actual improvements go unnoticed due to the E3 blowout.

I'm sure the development team has a crazy desire to show how they are improving Cyberpunk. We can only be patient, there is no other option.

The last update on Steam was 16 hours ago, they are very active testing after weeks of intense work. The fix patches have shown us that they want to fix and improve the game, they are not satisfied with the result and we will surely have surprises soon. Big improvements take time.

I would like to have some kind of announcement of what to expect ... we feel very removed from communicating with CDPR.

Yeah, nah. With all due respect, take that hype train and shove it up the very place where your back tends to lose its classy name, kind sir. If we learned something from cyberpunk, it is that hype is the very last thing cyberpunk needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom