1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
However big gaps between patches and minimal communication is not the way to do it.

All relationships thrive on good cimmunication, CDPR is no different. In order to earn back the fans trust and 'buy' the time/patience to do the bugger redesigns there needs to be more bug fixes, more communication. Little and often is the way to do it.
Good point. However, according to a trustworthy source, CDPR received death threads. Now you should ask yourself, would you continue to communicate with those that state they're your fans, but threatened you, your friends, your company, your colleagues, and your family with certain death?

"NEW PATCH WHEN? PART II."

When it's ready. Just need to be more patient, man. These things take time, especially for this particular game. We're all very anxious for news. Why don't you go play some other games once in a while in the meantime? Could help to sate your patience a little.

I'm afraid their time to be cocky has come and gone ;)

Just wanted to say i done waiting. No patches, no news. Time to delete and forget.
Maybe you should wait couple more days just to be sure ^_^
There's been couple testing builds already in past week and it's pretty certain new patch is in reach.

I mean you certainly got other games to play, right? Currently playing LoL in normals while listening in E3 in background.

Seems to me they did exactly that in the beginning. And look what that brought. New issues that prevented players from completing the game. (Goro not calling).

If there is 1 issue that every game dev team faces, it is, "the implementation of fixes, patches, updates, DLCs causing new issues". That always happens. Always. Can't get around it. That has to be anticipated beforehand, else, if you do not, the game will bite you in the ass. This game in particular where all its assets are combined and dependable on one another. You fiddle with one asset, it will have influence on another. Have to anticipate that upfront. And that takes time seeing as how vast this game is.

Think it best for the team to fix entire districts simultaneously with an interval of 2, 3 months, than a handful of fixes every week.

Post automatically merged:

Could be because it's the most complicated?

a large patch may have a lot of fixes but they are not as substantial.
a small patch that fixes/add for example the AI problem is a big step. police chase / crowd etc / LOD / etc
it depends on the content to fix

Could be. Depends on how one defines a patches size. For me, the introduction of proper AI would be a bigger patch than a bug fix list with 1000 entries. Following that logic a "small patch" would be nothing more than mere bug fixes. We will see, i'm surprisingly optimistic, maybe a little impatient though.
I still think some kind of (humble, down to earth) communication would be the better strategy. There must be some middle ground between ultra aggressive promoting and absolute silence whatsoever. I've said it before but this seems fitting. Seems like this annoying little brat that never shuts up, but when it gets addressed he is offended and doesnt talk at all.

Waiting for "New patch WHEN pt. III". Grab some popcorn.

The Cornish have a word for this process and it is a culturally accepted norm, its called doing things "Dreckly" could be done tomorrow, could be in six months time when you've just about given up hope.

i think cdpr should take their time
the last few patches did a great job fixing suff, but introduced some minor jank along the way
like missing audio during "the hunt"
or items (overwatch) dissapearing after the point of no return

testing the entire game is a huge untertaking on its own, id recommend to be patient

We are always sensitive to your needs.

Right.. What about my needs? I am still waiting on that batmobile you promised me.

Joking aside, I am excited about 1.3, I have been waiting for what seems like ages. I had to stop myself from playing, because more I play more bugs I notice and I don't want to reach those horrible endings, at least not yet. In all likelihood I will start a new play trough once the new patch hits.

Why don't you go play some other games once in a while in the meantime? Could help to sate your patience a little.

Maybe so, but it would also result in me being even less motivated to come back to CP'77 since pretty much everything else I have looks and plays so much better... even some 360 stuff. :sneaky:

Maybe so, but it would also result in me being even less motivated to come back to CP'77 since pretty much everything else I have looks and plays so much better... even some 360 stuff. :sneaky:
Not here.

photomode_08062021_230632.jpg

photomode_04062021_002625.jpg

photomode_08062021_234302.jpg

I get it. Last gen owners really shouldn't have been sold this game. This isn't a cross gen game. You need an SSD to actually enjoy this game as it was intended.

Nice for sure, just sadly not my experience on base XB1 so far. But, hey, I'm sure even I could cherry pick a nice screenshot or two if I looked hard and long enough.
Well, those weren't cherry picked, just some of my latest that the forum png size will accept. I have like 1600 or so.

If you're on XB1, yeah, that sucks for sure. I would never (well, not now having seen so many people just utterly frustrated compared to a good PC or next gen) defend CDPR's choice on releasing it for base consoles. It was nice they offered a refund and, yes, everyone should have checked reviews before buying, but even so - just not acceptable. Was not ready.

Given that next gen is in short supply, just adds salt to the wound. Sucks, no two ways about it. I wish you could have a better experience, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom