1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have feeling that disclaimer is so they don't have to issue refunds. Performance varied on the base PS4's depending on the age and the state of them as well as the other issues

apparently sony is recommending avoiding the ps4 version, it probably won't or can't ever be fixed.

"SIE can confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be re-listed on PlayStation Store starting June 21, 2021. Users will continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD Projekt Red continues to improve stability across all platforms. SIE recommends playing the title on PS4 Pro or PS5 for the best experience."
Of course it is understandable to recommend playing on better performing platforms, but it is also obvious that Sony tries to sell the new consoles, the product is broken anyway in both cases, we will have to see the results with the next gen PS5 XboX patches.
Let's say that the defects in performance, loading speed of the game world, etc. .. are covered / hidden thanks to the latest generation or performing hardware that try to push to the maximum, the bugs are a separate problem, even on the RTX 3000 the title it is heavy for huge engine code problems and it is strange for a title that has no relevant graphic effects apart from some explosion, for example the water is static and much more of the old generation

even on the RTX 3000 the title it is heavy for huge engine code problems and it is strange for a title that has no relevant graphic effects apart from some explosion, for example the water is static and much more of the old generation
I will probably say something stupid because I know nothing about it, but I would say maybe light sources can be "heavy". Impossible to count them because there are so many (if we add all the shadows and the reflection's effects), it seems quite huge. I could be halfway surprised that older consoles are already being suffer just because of that.
If we compare that to TW3 (pretty useless indeed) where there is "only" the sun, the moon and a few torches here and there.

(It's just a guess, because I managed to make Minecraft quite (very) laggy just with flashing redstone lamps)

Of course it is understandable to recommend playing on better performing platforms, but it is also obvious that Sony tries to sell the new consoles, the product is broken anyway in both cases, we will have to see the results with the next gen PS5 XboX patches.
Let's say that the defects in performance, loading speed of the game world, etc. .. are covered / hidden thanks to the latest generation or performing hardware that try to push to the maximum, the bugs are a separate problem, even on the RTX 3000 the title it is heavy for huge engine code problems and it is strange for a title that has no relevant graphic effects apart from some explosion, for example the water is static and much more of the old generation
Fully agree it does seem that hardware capability made a difference to start with. My son runs 48gb of ram and suffered none of the problems most people had at launch. His machine will be an outlier even though he's "only" running a 2060 graphics card

Guest 3847602

I guess we can expect a patch to come out by Saturday
No, the don't release patches during weekends and I'd prefer them to avoid releasing it on Friday because the last time they did, Takemura game-breaking bug happened and people had to wait 3 days for a hotfix.

Here's what CDPR said about the patches situation on the las month's investors call: they used to call smaller patches "hotfixes" and they said that it was unfortunate because of the nature of "hotfix". From now on they will call all updates "patches". And then they immediately backtracked from that and said that if there are issues caused by the patch itself, the update correcting those will be called a "hotfix". What does that mean to us? It means that literally nothing changed. :D

The other thing they said was that "the next patch -- not the biggest one, rather smaller -- will be launched in the next couple of weeks, it's almost ready".

It could mean a few things:
1. The sheer volume of the patch by size is considerably smaller than the previous one
2. The amount of problems addressed is considerably smaller
3. The severity of things that the patch addresses is of lower priority
4. All of the above

In other words: don't expect this patch to repair any of the major issues of the game. If this patch was to repair the police, the AI or the traffic, or the LOD distance, CDPR would make a big deal out of this. This patch is not it.

What else we learned from the call: the first series of patches were mostly focused on low-level technical areas. Not only of course. They were fixing glitches and bugs as well but they were focused on stability and performance and so on.
The patches after patch 1.3 will be focused more and more on improving things, without promissing anything. But the course of things will change a bit so they will focus on pushing the "perceived quality" further.

The "perceived quality". Starting after patch 1.3

Here's what CDPR said about the patches situation on the las month's investors call: they used to call smaller patches "hotfixes" and they said that it was unfortunate because of the nature of "hotfix". From now on they will call all updates "patches". And then they immediately backtracked from that and said that if there are issues caused by the patch itself, the update correcting those will be called a "hotfix". What does that mean to us? It means that literally nothing changed. :D

The other thing they said was that "the next patch -- not the biggest one, rather smaller -- will be launched in the next couple of weeks, it's almost ready".

It could mean a few things:
1. The sheer volume of the patch by size is considerably smaller than the previous one
2. The amount of problems addressed is considerably smaller
3. The severity of things that the patch addresses is of lower priority
4. All of the above

In other words: don't expect this patch to repair any of the major issues of the game. If this patch was to repair the police, the AI or the traffic, or the LOD distance, CDPR would make a big deal out of this. This patch is not it.

What else we learned from the call: the first series of patches were mostly focused on low-level technical areas. Not only of course. They were fixing glitches and bugs as well but they were focused on stability and performance and so on.
The patches after patch 1.3 will be focused more and more on improving things, without promissing anything. But the course of things will change a bit so they will focus on pushing the "perceived quality" further.

The "perceived quality". Starting after patch 1.3
They need to take the " No Man's Sky " path! there is no other option , we need to get the game that we was promised ( buying houses, bribing police, way much more NPC's on the street and much more meaningful quests with different ( DIFRENT !!! ) outcome depending on your action - at least similar to the first quest of getting the Militech drone from Maelstrom)
Now I don't know how long did it take for No Man's sky to be all updated with the content that they have promised but I heard that the game is really good now - if there is anyone who has followed No Man's sky road to glory please share it with us.
CDPR this is the only way for you guys to repair the damage you have done - no silly excuses on youtube or anything like this - just make the game as you have promised.

No man's sky
Released > August 9th 2016 > Absolute garbage and nothing in (crashs, bugs, empty world,...)
Last "big" update > Jun 10th 2021 > Pretty good game (for me).
So it's okay, CDPR has time to improve the game, there's no rush. I can wait, no problem :)
(knowing that CDPR starts from much "less far")

we need to get the game that we was promised ( buying houses, bribing police, way much more NPC's on the street and much more meaningful quests with different ( DIFRENT !!! ) outcome depending on your action - at least similar to the first quest of getting the Militech drone from Maelstrom)
They said the police were bribed by corporations. They were asked if you could buy/unlock other player housing, and they said yes.. both are correct and neither promise what ytou have said.. [...]
1623838168355.png

Attachments

• 1623838081092.png
    1623838081092.png
    729 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
No man's sky
Released > August 9th 2016 > Absolute garbage and nothing in (crashs, bugs, empty world,...)
Last "big" update > Jun 10th 2021 > Pretty good game (for me).
So it's okay, CDPR has time to improve the game, there's no rush. I can wait, no problem :)
(knowing that CDPR starts from much "less far")
So it took them nearly 4 years to kind of deliver what they have promised , now the studio behind NMS is probably smaller than CDPR so we should not be waiting that long but I don't mind if it takes them let's say 2 / 2,5 year to get it fixed - I would be all right with that.
Post automatically merged:

They said the police were bribed by corporations. They were asked if you could buy/unlock other player housing, and they said yes.. both are correct and neither promise what ytou have said.. [...]View attachment 11226407
Sorry I don't know what you are trying to say ? ( do you agree with me or not )

Just to add to my last post, I love this game. I have pre-ordered it and having lot of fun with it ( PS5 ) but it is heart-breaking that this game could be much much more if they have delivered what was promised. The rumours that the game was scraped in 2018 and made again( because they secured Keanu Reeves ) all makes sense seeing how undercooked / cut contend it is .

Last edited by a moderator:
I showed you where what you thought was promised came from and it is clear that what you said was promised wasn't
well I don't want to keep on digging on what they have said and what they have backed down on but just look at this screenshot which comes from the game itself. It clearly says "safe houses" . To be fair regardless of what they have said /backed down - different houses / car customization and so on is expected from the open world games these days. But the most important thing is to get more meaningful content / gigs where your actions or path actually matters. Also I won't to see some involvement of Maxtech and Trauma ( like we get to see in the beginning of the game ) in the world.
You should be able to customize your character during the game - all those thigs are possible to achieve if the CDPR wishes to carry out with putting the resources in to the game.

Attachments

• cyberpunk-2077-preorder-wolf-school-jacket.jpg
    cyberpunk-2077-preorder-wolf-school-jacket.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 53
It clearly says "safe houses" .
CDPR have said that there is only one apartment.
This little text was probably not corrected after the decision (considering the tons of texts/dialogs in game and in different languages, it's understandable).
And it's also true, you can access to your stash in all your safehouses, i.e. one, a view that there is only one available :)

Well, Pawel Sasko during one of recent streams said that at some point they were thinking about possibilities to own more houses but made decision that it doesnt suit V`s story as a homebroker type.

Well, Pawel Sasko during one of recent streams said that at some point they were thinking about possibilities to own more houses but made decision that it doesnt suit V`s story as a homebroker type.
They made a lot of changes but none of them was to add anything, all decisions were cutting content which makes me believe those weren't necessarily "game design changes", they were simply running out of time/resources and had an impossible to achieve deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom