1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha ok let's than make all the excuses for CDPR it will definitely make the game better :)
no excuses, an excuse is they didn't have time, the train was late,.. this is just showing you what is there. When you first quoted the promises I wanted to see if they were promises. I found out they weren't and shared the info. Not excuses,. just facts

no excuses, an excuse is they didn't have time, the train was late,.. this is just showing you what is there. When you first quoted the promises I wanted to see if they were promises. I found out they weren't and shared the info. Not excuses,. just facts
you miss my point, there was definitely some point at time where they have promised that and much more ( even the CGI trailer shows a guy asking V what does he want , different houses , cars etc ) I don't care that they have quietly backed down on this on some small interview or instagram , they made that promise !
[...]
Imagine people saying o yes No Man's Sky basically delivers what was promised (on a supper shallow level but it does) and just left the game as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

Not so long before the initial release date, let's not forget the game was delayed several times.
10 months (and that's assuming that June 2019 is when the decision was made) still doesn't look like a last-minute change of plans to me.
Game development isn't a static process, features are discussed, introduced, tested, changed and removed all the time.

10 months (and that's assuming that June 2019 is when the decision was made) still doesn't look like a last-minute change of plans to me.
I didn't want to refer to the leaked bug video from 2020, but seeing Cyberpunks state in that video, it's fair to assume they were so busy fighting the bugs and glitches back in 2019, they were well aware of the amount of work in front of them. That being said, i think a 10 months time frame may be seen as last minute change in that case. They knew they need that 10 months to repair the game, added 8 months on top of that and ended up releasing it broken anyway.

On this genre of games, a goal can also be achieved in the long term, adding content and various balances, just as happens in the arpg games, so all the shortcomings you see today are due to the fact that the title was not ready for release for many reasons, technical and otherwise.
They always said that V would only have one apartment and i honestly think it is useless to have others, i would prefer that they put the resources into much more important content such as the longevity of the game itself and something that allows you to always be busy but not something side dish.
it is useless to be angry or disappointed, the title is simply not ready regardless of whether it was released in December this is irrelevant.

Guest 3847602

That being said, i think a 10 months time frame may be seen as last minute change in that case.
I doubt that. There were multiple interviews with developers during 2019 and 2020 where they claimed to still actively work on the game, in the sense that CP2077 is not yet feature complete.

I doubt that. There were multiple interviews with developers during 2019 and 2020 where they claimed to still actively work on the game, in the sense that CP2077 is not yet feature complete.
As usual with CP77, time will show.

New GFN release pipeline branch being released 2 hours ago.
Seems like 1.3 could be happening tomorrow or friday.

They probably want (or have obligation to Sony) to get the patch out before Monday since that's when it returns to the store.

Last edited:
I was just about to disagree but looking at how QA was updated 7 days ago, that might actually be true.

New GFN release pipeline branch being released 2 hours ago.
Seems like 1.3 could be happening tomorrow or friday.
Well, you've been wrong in the past while speculating about release dates, but this one looks like a good guess. Patch before a comeback to psn store seems reasonable.

Last edited:
It would be a very ass move from CDPR to release the patch at the same time as no-refunds for PlayStation kicks in.

What does "release pipeline branch" mean?
Branch is a called basically a version of the code, which separates from the Root or a Master, like a tree, but functions differently than traditional branch in trees. In branch you maintain the copied source code rather than just create something entirely new.

1623865637671.png

So in development there's this main branch that gets these feature branches that separate from original code, which get code updates, and then ultimately that code will eventually return in master branch in form of merges.

Of course in bigger companies these branches can exist simultaneously and there could be 100 branches being worked at the same time, which will eventually merge back into the main branch.

In Git you create branches for example where you give it a codename like "branch 1.2.354" and it usually takes in all the code from main branch, then you edit that specific code and it goes through code review and testing, eventually leading up to the main branch.

When there's a release branch it means that specific version of the main branch which has been updated to a certain point is pulled aside (to prevent corruption and emergence of new bugs due to further updates).

Release pipeline means an assembly of the code put together basically which needs to be executed to form a compiled asset, or transforming the source code into computer code for example.

So in layman's terms
Code:
const checkDate = (y, m, d) => {
  const date = new Date(y, m - 1, d);
  return date.getFullYear() === y && date.getMonth() === m - 1 && date.getDate() === d;
}

This is a source code for checking if date you put in checkDate function is valid. Putting a date "2021, 2, 29" would result in false since there's only 28 days in February.

So this source code gets now transformed into minified computer code that is going to look something like this:

Code:
const checkDate=(e,t,n)=>{const a=new Date(e,t-1,n);return a.getFullYear()===e&&a.getMonth()===t-1&&a.getDate()===n};

Now imagine this times million lines of code gets combined into a zip file and that file gets renamed as "release version".
That is basically what had just happened in 2 hours ago.

TLDR;
Release Pipeline Branch = a release product/update from processed series of data which is pulled from root source code.

Last edited:
Branch is a called basically a version of the code, which separates from the Root, like a tree, but functions differently than traditional branch in trees. In branch you maintain the copied source code rather than just create something entirely new.

View attachment 11226488
So in development there's this main branch that gets these feature branches that separate from original code, which get code updates, and then ultimately that code will eventually return in master branch in form of merges.

Of course in bigger companies these branches can exist simultaneously and there could be 100 branches being worked at the same time, which will eventually merge back into the main branch.

In Git you create branches for example where you give it a codename like "branch 1.2.354" and it usually takes in all the code from main branch, then you edit that specific code and it goes through code review and testing, eventually leading up to the main branch.

When there's a release branch it means that specific version of the main branch being updates is pulled aside (to prevent corruption due to further updates).

Release pipeline means an assembly of the code put together basically which needs to be executed to form a compiled asset, or transforming the source code into computer code for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

(Edit: sorry trying to find proper picture to explain it easiest)
Thank you

Also something to note, the release pipeline branch has same Build ID as the testing branch from 1 week ago.

So it seems nothing got changed and it's good to go. 1 week to test the changes seem to indicate that there is relatively big update on the way.

Now I'm just wildly guessing here... but the fact Sony just yesterday informed about returning to PS Store seems to indicate they were perhaps given early access to see if the patch is enough for them to reconsider the relisting back to the store.

They then might have asked CDPR when it's going to come up, and they said "Thursday or Friday" where they went like "Okay then, we'll make the game available in Monday just in case" and they'll be checking throughout the weekend to make sure it meets their quality standards just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom