1.3 incoming

+
Cyberpunk 2077 on SteamDB is alive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 434

Guest 4564903

I'm happy with whatever it will be as long as its does not mess up mods as they have fixed a lot of problems not to mention made a lot improvements on things I doubt CDPR will ever bother with.

Guest 4564903

Well priority is to improve base game for each platform. I`m sure mods will be updated if needed.

I do agree but are they ever going to sort out Netrunners doing nothing except burn damage for example, that's why mods working correctly are more important to me at the moment as they are fixing and sorting these things out.

Even a modder has made the police system better where at least they chase you and spawn totally out of site, what have we had from CDPR in almost six months.

I got this game after patch 1.20 so honestly I'm not that bothered by the games flaws as there were nowhere near as many after that patch (only ever had a few minor graphical problems), combined with modding the game from the start and playing on a high end rig anything CDPR do from now on is of little consequence to me as the game has been smooth as silk.

This is why I hope CDPR don't mess up mods with minor fixes as modders are doing way better.

Even a modder has made the police system better where at least they chase you and spawn totally out of site, what have we had from CDPR in almost six months.

I would love this mod, where did you find it?

I don't think it's really that they can't release the police system in 1.1 even, it's just it would have been so lack luster they would have received similar complaints.

If you look at the mods made since the first chasing mods, they all have to stay on a specific area or lose the police.

Like here you can clearly see the police is right behind the player and you just lose star rating anyway.

It's the same problem pretty much even without mods where some quest you got cops driving away with a car and you can trigger the police chase.

In 1.21 I think the police really started to chase you really long periods if they remained in vision. In 1.22 they still were fixing some spawning issues.

I think 1.3 police chase would likely happen and they've been testing the functionality probably before game even launched, it's just there was always some thing they needed to add into the game and then test again and figure out new things to tweak constantly. I think it could have been as late as 2020 January where they started to work on police chase among other mechanics, where the delay on march was due to these mechanics being far from ready, along with the work to make game run in any level on old consoles.

In December they probably had worked most kinks out and made the game run "surprisingly well" on consoles, where testers were able to finish the game, but the game crashed a lot, they also had issue with police chases and they had a decision to make, whether to delay the game half a year, get everything working smoothly and getting police to work (where there still was no promise that half a year would be enough) or just release it and work out some easy kink to spawn police meanwhile the police mechanism is finetuned.

Also for modders it's easier to create these mechanics when there's 1 platform it has to work, PC, while CDPR is making the game on 7 different platforms, you have to make sure it runs on every single one. And it cannot cause crash for example like some mods do. You don't want to create more problems.

Mods are also not really advanced, they basically utilize what the game has given to them, most earliest mods were just simply enabling these polices spawning in cars, which were a feature turned off.

Also of course there's other things like pathing, making sure the police behave in reasonable fashion, and don't drive over pedestrians. IF you look at the GTA for example, in GTA 2 the police I'm quite sure didn't have to worry about driving in the Z matrix at all and if you stood in middle of the bridge the police were just driving around you, police could drive over citizens like they didn't know exactly what road even was, police could shoot citizens and stuff like this was very common occurrence.

Last edited:
is this going to release today or ?
If everything goes ultra well in testing (that they currently are doing I'd assume since there is test branch update) and there's 0 noticeable downgrades, they could of course surprise us and release it on lets say Thursday evening.

If they find something odd, lets say if the 1.3 is going to bring police with the cars, and then police cars start to get stuck on air on some specific spot, or they spawn in air, maybe that's something they'll look into and try to fix it, which could take 2 days, 5 days, 2 weeks, a month... which would delay the release of said feature entirely and everything else gets pushed into 1.3 that is fixed and working.

Last time it was only one day in advance when they teased us with changes and then next day patch notes came, so it could be fast delivery, or it could be slow one, it's all up to them.

Pretty sure however they'll likely push out the change before e3 so they'll have something to be proud of before stepping on stage and talking what's to become. e3 is in 15th of June.... sooo probably more than 2 days and less than a month. :)

I, for once, have a pretty good feeling about 1.3 for whatever reason. I'd say police AI improvements and chase addition are pretty unrealistic yet, however the game should start to become more complex, and complexity is what cyberpunk needs the most imho. Don't you dare to prove me wrong, CDPR.

Top Bottom