1.3 Ongoing Bugs List

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to mention that Stealth has been broken in Patch 1.3.

In previous iterations (pre-1.3) play-throughs, Stealth worked pretty good (eg. the quest "Chippin' in" is broken due to the Malestromers catching V and Rogue almost immidiatedly. Not a problem when you're level 50, but for those who just want to scorch through on lower level and have points in Stealth, will almost make those points absolutely useless.

Want to rework Stealth a bit more back towards how it was pre-1.3, so it becomes a viable alternative.

Woah, I just encountered a really strange one I'd never seen or heard reported before.

I was nearby the location for "The Heisenberg Principle" gig and a group of 5 Tyger Claws were lurking outside, around the corner, near a Drop Point; I don't think they're related to the gig. I figured I would kill them off before doing the gig.

I double-jumped to get to a safe vantage point behind them and then started hitting them with Contagion (this play-through is as a stealthy netrunner). Moments after applying the second dose of Contagion (as it spread to its second target), all five enemies suddenly de-spawned and vanished. I can actually still hear the "quickhack uploading" sound effect (which then never stops, meaning I just reloaded from a save point to get rid of it).

Vanilla 1.3, no mods (nor have I ever used them), and this play-through was started on 1.3.

Update: Just tried that fight a 2nd time and the same thing happened!

Last edited:
Woah, I just encountered a really strange one I'd never seen or heard reported before.

I was nearby the location for "The Heisenberg Principle" gig and a group of 5 Tyger Claws were lurking outside, around the corner, near a Drop Point; I don't think they're related to the gig. I figured I would kill them off before doing the gig.

I double-jumped to get to a safe vantage point behind them and then started hitting them with Contagion (this play-through is as a stealthy netrunner). Moments after applying the second dose of Contagion (as it spread to its second target), all five enemies suddenly de-spawned and vanished. I can actually still hear the "quickhack uploading" sound effect (which then never stops, meaning I just reloaded from a save point to get rid of it).

Vanilla 1.3, no mods (nor have I ever used them), and this play-through was started on 1.3.

Update: Just tried that fight a 2nd time and the same thing happened!
I have already have that before 1.3.
In Japan Town with some random Tyger Claws who drinks quietly at a stand. They just "vanish" at one moment.
Anyway, you can report it, with some screenshots (for location on map) ;)

I am on PS4:
There are problems in the radio, when Mike is telling the conspiracy stories. The subtitles are not following the speech and there are merger of the (spoken) lines, like if there was two persons speaking at same time.
The same problem happens with Dakota Smith and Stanley, but not so frequent as Mike.

Some fun things I encountered on my second playthrough:

1. In the mission "Search and Destroy" the game doesn't recognise V's ability to have double jump. Which means the optional objective
    To save Goro Takemura
    never triggers, and you can walk up to the NPC which no interaction as a result. You HAVE to take the "long" route. You can't jump back up through the broken floors.
  2. During the mission "With a little help from my friends" you have an objective to kill 12 Militech soldiers. This can bug out leaving you with 11/12. This is caused by two drones that fly in front of you right before you hit the objective. If you kill them using the turret you can't finish the objective. Way to avoid it is to wait before the objective pops before you engage the drones

In the mission "Search and Destroy" the game doesn't recognise V's ability to have double jump. Which means the optional objective To save Goro Takemura never triggers, and you can walk up to the NPC which no interaction as a result. You HAVE to take the "long" route. You can't jump back up through the broken floors.
I think it's a "fix", if you don't take the "long" route, you will skip a little Johnny's dialogue line (I'm not sure, that the "high jump" possibility was ever intended by CDPR).

I think it's a "fix", if you don't take the "long" route, you will skip a little Johnny's dialogue line.
I think that that was the initial cause. Without Johnny's interjection after you go left at the neon cross, the objective simply doesn't appear. Which makes it impossible to continue.

They should just fix that by making it tied to the enemies in his room for instance. I thought I was being clever by jumping back up and using Widowmaker to clip all the soldiers through the wall. Once they were all dead Takemura just didn't react.

Won't take much effort to fix. Just add a little trigger somewhere in his room or something.

EDIT: But I'm at least happy I can also provide fixes for people who might be stuck at any of these missions. If you don't have experience with these bugs you might not have the same intuition like I have when it comes to finding a work-around.

I think that that was the initial cause. Without Johnny's interjection after you go left at the neon cross, the objective simply doesn't appear. Which makes it impossible to continue.

They should just fix that by making it tied to the enemies in his room for instance. I thought I was being clever by jumping back up and using Widowmaker to clip all the soldiers through the wall. Once they were all dead Takemura just didn't react.

Won't take much effort to fix. Just add a little trigger somewhere in his room or something.
In fact, the fact that it's not noticed in objectives is for me, really good :)
-My first run, I didn't think to jump... I didn't think to return in the room. Goro die
-In the second, I didn't think to jump, again... But I return by the long route to the room, with Johnny's line (What do you do ? You're crazy !!!). Goro live.
Very good to discover "that" by my own.
So I simply think, CDPR (like me), didn't think a jump could be considered by players. But the fact, that's "hidden" objective, yes totally intended :)
So impossible to jump, sound like a "easy and quick" fix.

Small visual bug in corpo prologue:

Every time the NPC moves a white "triangle" appears under the shoes.

Playing first act, for a while:
  • same unpickable items.
  • some subtitles get stuck on the screen after a while. Didn't disappear until I got away from Jackie.

Attachments

• photomode_30082021_170423.png
    photomode_30082021_170423.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
In fact, the fact that it's not noticed in objectives is for me, really good :)
-My first run, I didn't think to jump... I didn't think to return in the room. Goro die
-In the second, I didn't think to jump, again... But I return by the long route to the room, with Johnny's line (What do you do ? You're crazy !!!). Goro live.
Very good to discover "that" by my own.
So I simply think, CDPR (like me), didn't think a jump could be considered by players. But the fact, that's "hidden" objective, yes totally intended :)
So impossible to jump, sound like a "easy and quick" fix.
That shouldn't need fixing. The ones that go around experience one thing the ones that jumped experience another thing. In my first run I jumped also and it worked. So it's either a bug or they intentionally removed the other quest queue. I really hate when they try to orient gameplay and limit the experience

That shouldn't need fixing. The ones that go around experience one thing the ones that jumped experience another thing. In my first run I jumped also and it worked. So it's either a bug or they intentionally removed the other quest queue. I really hate when they try to orient gameplay and limit the experience
More than trying to "orient" the gameplay, I think it was more fix an "unexpected way" to doing something who may cause some problems in the quest. Something who could possibly break the chain of events and possibly break the quest itself (Like Goro who maybe could be "stuck" there without any reaction)
Exactly the same thing than the V's penthouse where the door is simply "lock" now :)

1. Anytime I open the map, the world around me seems to deconstruct. For the tenth of a second it takes to open the map I can see objects disappearing in succession.
This then leads to the world being reconstructed around me when I close the map again, with the lighting sometimes coming in after certain objects, sometimes before certain objects, which sometimes makes it look like a flashbang went off, blinding me for a few seconds. Not only that, but the entire world around you appearing again after closing the map can also cause a stutter.

I have absolutely no idea why they would do this. It was fine before 1.3. The map opened and closed instantly without any issues, stutters, hitches or the world around me being de- and reconstructed.

2. I'm often getting aggro from mobs that are like three streets over who can't possibly see or hear me, leading to Combat state when driving through the city. Sometimes the mobs remain in place, other times they actually start moving towards me.

Last edited:
Billboard Bats:
I think the billboard bats are gone.
Post automatically merged:

1. Anytime I open the map, the world around me seems to deconstruct. For the tenth of a second it takes to open the map I can see objects disappearing in succession.
This then leads to the world being reconstructed around me when I close the map again, with the lighting sometimes coming in after certain objects, sometimes before certain objects, which sometimes makes it look like a flashbang went off, blinding me for a few seconds. Not only that, but the entire world around you appearing again after closing the map can also cause a stutter.

I have absolutely no idea why they would do this. It was fine before 1.3. The map opened and closed instantly without any issues, stutters, hitches or the world around me being de- and reconstructed.

2. I'm often getting aggro from mobs that are like three streets over who can't possibly see or hear me, leading to Combat state when driving through the city. Sometimes the mobs remain in place, other times they actually start moving towards me.
I can confirm the "flashbang" effect. I assume that it's familiar with the slow-reload-bug. I haven't seen objects disappearing though. Maybe try to load an older safe-file, to see if "the world being reconstructed" around you persists. It could potentially indicate safe-file corruption. If it only affects the lighting, I don't think that it's concerning.

Last edited:
More than trying to "orient" the gameplay, I think it was more fix an "unexpected way" to doing something who may cause some problems in the quest. Something who could possibly break the chain of events and possibly break the quest itself (Like Goro who maybe could be "stuck" there without any reaction)
Exactly the same thing than the V's penthouse where the door is simply "lock" now :)
But it was working back then. So the game recognized if the player finishes the Arasaka on that area, next quest queue goes. That's why I say either a bug is changing this or it was intentional

But it was working back then. So the game recognized if the player finishes the Arasaka on that area, next quest queue goes. That's why I say either a bug is changing this or it was intentional
So maybe a bug :)
Anyway, it still work as @NorseGraphics video prove ;)
But in the video, you can admit, it's easier/faster to take the "long" tour. And safier, because with my build, in very hard, I would have died from the first fireshots of the Arasaka dudes.

First I have to say, I love the game. It has a special place in my heart as it was the last game I preordered for my wife before she pasted away from cancer.
Second, I don't know if anyone else has had some problems with a few Quest Items in their inventory? I was looking forward to placing the Scorpion figurine from "I'll Fly Away" but no matter how I try, the statue disappears from my inventory once I travelled 50 kilometers after receiving it. And the Fake Samerai Jacket from "Small Man, Big Mouth" is only in my inventory if I don't have any other Jackets in there.
Sorry for the long statement

Second, I don't know if anyone else has had some problems with a few Quest Items in their inventory? I was looking forward to placing the Scorpion figurine from "I'll Fly Away" but no matter how I try, the statue disappears from my inventory once I travelled 50 kilometers after receiving it. And the Fake Samerai Jacket from "Small Man, Big Mouth" is only in my inventory if I don't have any other Jackets in there.
For the figurine, even if it don't stay in your inventory (there is no point to keep it in your inventory), have you try to interract with the little table near the window in V's apartment ?
Don't know about the jacket, never see that. Maybe just a junk item ? (nothing special, I think. But I could be wrong).

Does the torn t-shirt (to give it a name) that some Mox wears has changed? Looks like now they have a bra under the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom