1.5 - GOG: Photo mode no longer saves pictures (RESOLVED)

+
After this update I haven't been able to take a new picture. It acts like it is, it pauses a few seconds like it's trying to save the picture, but when I check the folder there are no new photos from this patch. After it attempts to take the first picture, any other pictures it doesn't even pause for a few seconds, it just refreshes the photo mode HUD.

I've tried making sure all mods were uninstalled.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
I've renamed the Cyberpunk folder so that the game generates a new one. It did generate a new folder when I took another picture, but the folder is empty.
I've tried downgrading the graphics to see if raytracing was affecting it.

RESOLVED: It was my antivirus preventing the game from taking pics (shout out to LiKill3rFou for the solution).

Last edited:

apart

Forum regular
Game can't write to the folder most likely, try running the .exe directly in elevated mode and see if the issue persists.

Game can't write to the folder most likely, try running the .exe directly in elevated mode and see if the issue persists.
Thanks for replying, ArasakaApart. I ran the exe as admin (I'm assuming that's what you meant) and that did not fix the issue.

Just a guess, I already saw a similar problem on other games, you can try to disable your antivirus just for see if it's not the problem.
Thank you! This bugged me so badly, because I loved taking screen shots. After I added Cyberpunk to my allowed apps and saw that first photo since 1.5, I just felt joy, lol!

I wonder what the DEV changed in the game code that would NOW trigger the anti virus?

I know Anti virus can be stupid sometimes but the game HAD been running (without this particular issue) for over a year up till 1.5 update that now requires the Antivirus to be turned off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom