1.5 graphics issues

+
Not sure where would be a place to put this but a thread collecting random graphics glitches after 1.5 wouldn't be a bad thing so what the hell.

I'm on an AMD 3800X, 32GB RAM, SSD (a very fast one), Nvidia RTX 3070. Resizable bar is on and I have the latest drivers.

Settings DLSS Quality, everything at maximum including all raytracing options, 1920x1200 résolution. I'm not using and have never used any mods.

A couple of things I've noticed in a quick play around although on the whole the graphics look AMAZING and SO MUCH has improved with the patch (eg light popin is not distractingly close anymore, etc).

- Some very close texture popins that are genuinely distracting. I was walking around the biotechnica greenhouses area and textures on the side of metal containers and pillars holding up tanks were literally revealing themselves *as I walked past them*, like you were peeling a sticker to reveal the texture as you walked. That was weird but might be specific to that location.

- With DLSS, unlike almost everything else in the game, V's reflection looks incredibly and almost unacceptably fuzzy in mirrors. It doesn't happen with FSR, it doesn't happen with dynamic resolution and it doesn't happen on just native output, so that's very DLSS specific. The sharpness of DLSS now has improved so dramatically that it's now what I'd call usable at my resolution (which is only a little over 1080p), when it wasn't before, but not in the mirrors for some reason.

- Perhaps more serious, on exiting buildings and going outside into the city streets (not just being on the city streets without being in a building beforehand, which is fine) I'm experiencing sustained frame rate drops of over 50% that can only be solved by turning raytraced shadows off and on again or, in some cases, exiting to the main menu and then loading back in. Whereupon the frame rate returns to normal. I run capped at 40 FPS and the frame rate can drop as low as 15-17FPS and stay there whereas it normally maintains 40FPS reliably.

Last edited:
Same here, started a new game. Tried the Benchmark and adjusted settings to max except RT which I left at Ultra (and the later lowered to high), DLSS on Quality. Benchmark on my PC (Ryzen 3700X, RTX 3070, 16 GB RAM) showed something around 50 FPS in 1440p depending on my settings. Ingame it looked fine but when I entered the bar at the beginning of the Corpo Game framerate began to drop in the 15-20 FPS range. Strangely recovering after a few minutes and then dropping again. For sure no performace problem as the same scene sometimes runs with 45 FPS and the the next time I load the save state with 15 FPS. Game worked fine before.

I'll add my voice to the reduced FPS throughout the game. Win 10 21H2, fully updated, 32GB RAM, Intel 10700K (not overclocked), RTX3070 (not overclocked), latest nvidia drivers, the game is installed on a NVME drive. I run it at 1440p, no framerate sync, no max framerate, RTX on, DLSS on quality, most other settings High or Ultra. On 1.3.1 I got about 70fps max, 40-45fps min. Not great, but smooth enough in all situations. With 1.5 I get 45fps max, 20-25fps or so min and it feels really laggy and the framerate is noticeably poor. Even turning DLSS to balanced or performance only makes it a bit smoother, but the fps is still v low in the map (the map is SO laggy now) and generally outside in the city. So basically, I've had to reduce my gfx settings to end up with not quite as good framerate. It makes it not fun to play, so I think i'll lay off it until a fix comes along, which i hope doesn't take long, as its the most enjoyable single player game I've played in a while.

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that CDPR improved the RT with patch 1.5, AFAIK it's RT shadows specifically.

Which might account for the lower performance if you're playing with RT. :]

I'll add my voice to the reduced FPS throughout the game. Win 10 21H2, fully updated, 32GB RAM, Intel 10700K (not overclocked), RTX3070 (not overclocked), latest nvidia drivers, the game is installed on a NVME drive. I run it at 1440p, no framerate sync, no max framerate, RTX on, DLSS on quality, most other settings High or Ultra. On 1.3.1 I got about 70fps max, 40-45fps min. Not great, but smooth enough in all situations. With 1.5 I get 45fps max, 20-25fps or so min and it feels really laggy and the framerate is noticeably poor. Even turning DLSS to balanced or performance only makes it a bit smoother, but the fps is still v low in the map (the map is SO laggy now) and generally outside in the city. So basically, I've had to reduce my gfx settings to end up with not quite as good framerate. It makes it not fun to play, so I think i'll lay off it until a fix comes along, which i hope doesn't take long, as its the most enjoyable single player game I've played in a while.

That level of perfomance is not right. Did you tried DLSS auto just in case? The world map is laggy now, is a bug for some of us.

Not sure if anyone noticed a new benchmark option built into Cyberpunk. Would have been nice if it existed before patch 1.5. I'm getting 78fps on the benchmark with the default NVIDIA Experience settings @1440p/HDR on a EVGA 3090 w/ Intel 10900k 32GB on 4 sticks no overclock with WIndows 11, GPU scheduling and resizable bar on. I haven't noticed any in-game lag anywhere at all but difficult to see frame rates, G-Sync locks the framerate to 119fps on my LG C1 in game mode.

As I was talking about activating automatic FSR and high quality with the GTX 1060 6GB it goes from 36 to 46 FPS which doesn't make sense because the interiors go to 53 FPS it doesn't make sense either the graphics don't get hot see that it doesn't tickle just that it lacks some improvements more performance ie one more push and sharpen both DLSS and FSR and fix the bug mostly but I repeat again the GTX 1060 6GB should run at 60 FPS both inside and out. outside the cities activating automatic FSR and without automatic because heating does not even tickle means that the game does not do anything for the graphics that I have does not heat. Other than that improving the CPU usage is worth it because if I have an i7-11700K it can't consume 60% or 65% more obviously it should consume 30% 35% and improve performance a little bit more one more push and the bug too. Greetings!!!

Top Bottom