1.5 hotfix: After exiting the Disasterpiece braindance, the Armadillo mods in my armour have been downgraded.

+
100% replicable.
All mods affected were freshly crafted in 1.5. All were max value, Legendary.

Submitted a bug report with the autosave just prior to the braindance included, but in the mean time, has anyone else encountered this and found a workaround?

I encounter it too. I'm no sure sure when, but my armadillos changed from epic to random lower levels ;)

Just checking the basics:

1.) Are you using mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

If not, then I'd recommend sending this directly to CDPR support:

Support:

Please, select the correct platform (PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc.) and read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

I had armadillos on Johny set and yesterday I've noticed they aren't legendary as they were at the time of slotting. Not sure if it was the BD.

I'd recommend sending this directly to CDPR support
Submitted a bug report with the autosave just prior to the braindance included
Meanwhile, from support:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have addressed the issue, we are looking into it. Thank you for the report!

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Kateryna
So it's in hand.

And no, this isn't mod related. It's potentially an import artefact from the 1.2 era, which the playthrough in question dates back to. But the mods affected were all crafted in 1.5, as I stated in the op.

This happened to me once after first entering game when Patch 1.5 hit. It never happened to me after that.

had this happen to me as well, all my slotted armadillo mods got downgraded to random levels, and this is a clean save on a playthrough i just started a few days ago, so just v1.5 here.

Every single braindance after patch 1.5 literally downgrades all of my clothing mods
And to be honest this the first bug that I have encountered since 2020 launch time that I am deeply annoyed about
I am on PC

Every single braindance after patch 1.5 literally downgrades all of my clothing mods
And to be honest this the first bug that I have encountered since 2020 launch time that I am deeply annoyed about
I am on PC
You can report it to the support if you want, but I'm quite confident that it will be fixed in the next patch ;)

hopefully they fix it... its super annoying especially for the epic ones you can't re-craft anymore when you already reached legendary craft lvl... so it seems its not tied to a specific gig/mission - I encounter it several times in a playthrough still not sure what exactly causes/triggers the randomization tho... really really annoying... legendary mods are just a minor problem since u can easily recraft them (which also sucks) but the epic ones are clearly a problem if you are used to have a lot of different sets in use. : /

hoping for 2 fixes here... first the obvious one, 2nd the crafting logic... that u cant craft epics after you get legendary ones.... either let us craft any mod level once we reach legendary or remove the rarity cap for items/mods using legendary mods on epic items.

Anyone know if this is fixed in 1.6? It isn't mentioned in the patchnotes.
I can't try yet, I just started a new playthrough, but I'll see that in few hours/days ;)
(for info, I think it's the case with each braindance, like during "The Hunt" or "I Fought The Law")

It's still broken in 1.6.
Post automatically merged:

You can report it to the support if you want, but I'm quite confident that it will be fixed in the next patch ;)
Your confidence was clearly unfounded.

It's still broken in 1.6.

Your confidence was clearly unfounded.
so no changes to the craft system-logic and still running the armadillo mod issue after 1.6? not that I would be curious about it... if both issues still exist...

From what I've gathered overall, the entire armor and clothing system was revamped. Keep in mind that not all issues can be retroactively corrected, only prevented. I'm not certain exactly what would have happened to result in what you're seeing. Did you ever receive more info from your ticket?

For a specific BD to trigger the game to re-instance the armor pieces/mods at random levels...that's got to be a really crazy bug to track down. My guess is that it may require a restart or at least a reload to before the armor was first modified.

From what I've gathered overall, the entire armor and clothing system was revamped.
I got that impression, yeah. I also have a new issue, where the rarity and base armour value of my head slot armour piece is regularly decreased to minimum. This corrects itself if I stow the armour piece in my house stash, and then retrieve it. Hadn't seen the issue, previously. This is with armour pieces that date back as far as 1.3, mind, even if the mods themselves are fresh.
Did you ever receive more info from your ticket?
Nothing, sadly.

I think what I'll do - when I'm not caught up in the story and busy running around, raising hell with Johnny - is return to the save file taken before getting to Judy's van, and generate a whole new set of armour and mods in 1.6. I'll then pop back into the braindance and see if the two issues can be replicated after.

I think what I'll do - when I'm not caught up in the story and busy running around, raising hell with Johnny - is return to the save file taken before getting to Judy's van, and generate a whole new set of armour and mods in 1.6. I'll then pop back into the braindance and see if the two issues can be replicated after.
It still happens. Freshly crafted items, freshly crafted mods, all from 1.6.

Eh. I guess starting over and getting back to a braindance will be the only way for sure, to know if it isn't an artefact from an older build. I'm in no rush to do that at the moment, tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom