1.5 made the game unplayable for me

+
i've been playing this game on 1.31 with no problems with around 50 FPS. ever since i updated to 1.5 my FPS is really bad, i barely get 15 FPS in the city. My specs are :

i7 3.50 ghz

32 DDR4 RAM

Nvidia 2080 Super 8gb

4k screen

i pretty much tried every DLSS option, even lowered the resolution from 4k to 1080p and still get 17-18 FPS, everything on medium.

Try shadows resolution, volumetric fog, cascades etc. Usual suspects... Of course you can lower raytracing (its more demanding now and with more options), dlss sharpening or download and replace the vanilla DLSS file to 2.3.7 for a little fps boost.

Not an expert, but at least and at first, you can try these steps :

thanks but i already updated my drivers, i've googled around and it seems lots of people have performance issues after updating to the latest patch.

thanks but i already updated my drivers, i've googled around and it seems lots of people have performance issues after updating to the latest patch.
Yep less FPS, but not at the point to reach less than 20 FPS even in low settings :(

i've been playing this game on 1.31 with no problems with around 50 FPS. ever since i updated to 1.5 my FPS is really bad, i barely get 15 FPS in the city. My specs are :

i7 3.50 ghz

32 DDR4 RAM

Nvidia 2080 Super 8gb

4k screen

i pretty much tried every DLSS option, even lowered the resolution from 4k to 1080p and still get 17-18 FPS, everything on medium.

OK with your rig at 1080p it should be flying, so doubt there's any in-game setting worth tweaking. Um - try clearing out the Nvidia shader cache, or using Nvidia control panel to re-size it? I changed mine to 10Gb from the default, and can persuade myself it's made a difference.

I have a 3080 and i7 9700K and with 1.31 I got 60-70fps with RT ultra and DLSS quality, almost everything maxxed at 1440p. With 1.5 I see roughly the same frame rates.

Yeah, it looks like raytracing can cause issues for the performance on some systems. If only one RT setting is enabled, it works okay on my computer but the more RT stuff is enabled the more weird it gets (didn't notice it before as I prefer to play without RT anyways...).

As previously indicated, it's probably best to report this issue to CDPR support:

so a bit of an update, i installed DLSS 2.3.7.0, disabled RT completely but still no luck on 4k. it runs around 40 fps on 1080 but my screen is 4k and that resolution is still around 17-18 FPS.
whatever it is that's eating up the GPU, it can't be disabled from the menus.

here's a longer discussion about other people having the same performance problems https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/st6sbk

Last edited:
Top Bottom