1.5 Ongoing Bugs List - [1.52]

+
Sorry if I was not 100% clear in my wording, with 'brand new save' I literally mean starting a new game without any leftovers after the fresh re-install and saving just before entering the dialogue sequence. I am not new to modding so I know about baked-in scripts and similar stuff from modding other games. Could be a culprit for people that do not know what they are doing, but not in this case I am afraid.
Great -- okay! Now we know that it's not mod-related, so we can forget that. That means that it's coming from something between the game and the drivers, the game and an API, or the game and the OS. (That should be even harder to sort out! :D )

Can you list your complete specs, including Windows version?

Next steps:

1.) Try updating or rolling back your drivers. If rolling back, be sure to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely gut the newer files first. Then, use CCleaner to run the Registry cleaner to remove any empty keys. Just keep running it over and over until it reports "No conflicts." After that, restart the PC, and run CCleaner again until it reports "No conflicts." Keep that up until the program reports "No conflicts" immediately following a restart.

2.) If the game is installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86), migrate the installation to a directory on the root of your drive or a folder of your own creation. For example:

C:\Cyberpunk 2077\...
or
C:\MyRPGgames\CP2077\...

(For GOG / Steam / Epic / etc., you should have options through the platforms to migrate installations or create new libraries.) We just need to ensure it's not in any protected directory.

3.) Antivirus can be problematic in ways like this, especially aggressive ones like Norton, McAffee, Comodo, etc.

4.) Microsoft Redist will be an important step here. It could be that the game is getting hung up on a .DLL or something that's out of date. I'd begin by running the installations for all of the following -- in order -- going back to 2015 or so. The big, important ones are:
Microsoft Visual C++
Microsoft Visual Studio for C++

These will install side-by-side: they do not overwrite one another. But it's possible for installations to become borked over time. Or, it's possible that a game, driver, or firmware will want a specific file from one of those past versions. (Ideally, that shouldn't happen...but when has anything built by human hands been ideal?) Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions of each. So, I'd download Visual C++ 2015 x86, then Visual C++ 2015 x64. Then I'd grab Visual Studio 2015 x86, then Visual Studio 2015 x64. Next, Visual C++ x86 2016, followed by Visual C++ 2016 x64, etc., etc., etc.

This doesn't actually take very long. If the installation detects that the program is there, it will simply notify you and you can hop to the next one. (Just be sure you're downloading these directly from Microsoft.com.)

Hopefully, one of those will fix it. I'd test the game after each step, but it's not a bad idea to go through all of it anyway. That puts the PC into the best "gaming shape" it can be in. Doesn't hurt.

v. 1.52, clean walkthrough, PC, no mods.

Judy doesn't call, "Both Sides, Now" doesn't activate, Evelyn stuck standing on the bed)

I am on PC so my experience is just based on that. As you can read on reddit, there a multiple factors that seem to trigger the bug:

1. unexplained GPU and CPU load drop that I can reproduce reliably
2. certain viewing angles make things worse
3. higher visual settings can make things worse
4. aggressive undervolting (even though stable under all other conditions) can make things worse

the first factor should be an engine issue where something is breaking every time at a certain point in the dialogue, which I already pinpointed by trial and error on reddit. My best guess is that the GPU and CPU load drop is just the symptom of something behind the scenes going crazy in the engine.
Managed too get it today with overlays running and no drops. Recorded it all but im using quite a few mods. uploading to Youtube now... will add link later:

Waiting for higher quality too be done.

Edit some more: Not noticing any drop in gpu/cpu usage at all. Only happends when jackie is on that side. Other then that not seen anything odd so far. have mods for cloths/body/hide slots/CET/Scripts. Running CET with AMD smt fix (seems too load up my cpu much more) and with async compute disabled.

Settings: 4k, Max all settings, DLSS performance with 0.25 sharp, Run fast sync and x16 AF trough nvidia panel.
Specs shows up in overlay. oc on gpu= 50/748 core/mem

Last edited:
Managed too get it today with overlays running and no drops. Recorded it all but im using quite a few mods. uploading to Youtube now... will add link later:

Waiting for higher quality too be done.

Edit some more: Not noticing any drop in gpu/cpu usage at all. Only happends when jackie is on that side. Other then that not seen anything odd so far. have mods for cloths/body/hide slots/CET/Scripts. Running CET with AMD smt fix (seems too load up my cpu much more) and with async compute disabled.

Settings: 4k, Max all settings, DLSS performance with 0.25 sharp, Run fast sync and x16 AF trough nvidia panel.
Specs shows up in overlay. oc on gpu= 50/748 core/mem

Thanks. None of the suggestions to reinstall my game that were given in this forum and by the CDPR support fixed the bug for me.

Pretty sure that mods are not the issue here, as you are getting the exact same issue at the exact same game sequence that I got without using any mods.

Last edited:
Thanks. None of the suggestions to reinstall my game that were given in this forum and by the CDPR support fixed the bug for me.

Pretty sure that mods are not the issue here, as you are getting the exact same issue at the exact same game sequence that I got without using any mods.
got it again later on... just like first time it happend for me.

Loads another npc when i save/reload and no bug. really weird must be something with lizzies bar. Or very specific models/light/meshes. Seems too happend when looking in the same direction...

Last edited:
I've found a weird/kinda annoying bug on on Xbox Series X. Not sure if it's just my save, but my V's shadow is displaying the wrong hair. I have #1 on my character, yet #2 is displayed in shadow. Altering appearance and selecting #2 appears to show #1 in shadow. Anyone else noticed this?

hair 1 inv.jpg

hair 1 shadow.jpg

hair 2 inv.jpg

hair 2 shadow.jpg

I've found a weird/kinda annoying bug on on Xbox Series X. Not sure if it's just my save, but my V's shadow is displaying the wrong hair. I have #1 on my character, yet #2 is displayed in shadow. Altering appearance and selecting #2 appears to show #1 in shadow. Anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 11307172
View attachment 11307175
View attachment 11307178
View attachment 11307181
Yep, noticed it :)
Weirdly, my V have the "Judy's hairstyle" but in the shadow, she have the one that you have ("Nomad dreadlocks").

So as it turns out the rabbit hole goes deeper. I made this here thread to summarize everything I've found and continue to find as I waste my time investigating. The most recent one is that the DLSS flickering is somewhat driver related.

Can everyone seeing the flickering light speckles please head on over to @R3vange 's thread?

This seems like a very clear issue, so it's best compile info in one spot for it. I'll also be moving the existing conversation there.

Can everyone seeing the flickering light speckles please head on over to @R3vange 's thread?

This seems like a very clear issue, so it's best compile info in one spot for it. I'll also be moving the existing conversation there.
Havent noticed this issue but ive noticed HDR can be quite blinding in this game. Its working as intended tho i guess so yay me :D The old eye adjusting in cars were a pain in the ass for me, mod fixed it tho.

I generaly update my DLSS dll tho, that might be why ive never noticed it..

Last edited:
1.52 on XBSX:
“I Fought the Law”; as soon as the vehicle begins moving at the start, Elizabeth Peralez’s voice-emitter remains rooted where the car was parked, so no dialogue is audible once the vehicle pulls away.

1.52 on XBSX:
“I Fought the Law”; as soon as the vehicle begins moving at the start, Elizabeth Peralez’s voice-emitter remains rooted where the car was parked, so no dialogue is audible once the vehicle pulls away.
Strange, I didn't have this problem on XBSX (maybe a random bug)
At least, you can try to clear the cache (always a good idea).
Then report it to the support, if you want ("Contact Us" button) ;)

The cause for my "Can't save right now" bug variant on PC was that some process kept the save file locked. I navigated to my savefiles and wasn't able to delete or move some of them. Maybe GOG cloud save issue? After a PC restart quicksave worked again. To be fair, my game is modded, so who knows what caused it.

There seems to be an over sized concrete tile just above the entrance to the underground garage V and Jackie park in in the prologue before rescuing the girl. Its so large the texture is blurry and any items falling on top of it (corpses or loot) clip through it to the ground below (no collision). Screen shots to show location. I kinda freaked out at first because I thought it was snow!

2022-06-04_0307_1.png
2022-06-04_0307_2.png

I can't upgrade my Malorian Arms 3516. In the inventory menu, the item doesn't appear so it can't be chosen to upgrade.

I can't upgrade my Malorian Arms 3516. In the inventory menu, the item doesn't appear so it can't be chosen to upgrade.
Which level you are ?
(if it reached the level 50, it does not longer appear)
Can you provide a screenshot of the gun in your inventory (not equiped) to compare its stats ?

Last edited:
There is a very obvious texture/asset streaming bug on this version. Some objects closest to the camera, some nearby buildings etc don't load correctly! HDD mode is set to OFF, game is installed on NVME SSD. Textures are set to HIGH.

uploading a video:

From 0:46 onwards, the low (almost 0) polygon counts on certain elements are way too distracting !
Post automatically merged:

There is a very obvious texture/asset streaming bug on this version. Some objects closest to the camera, some nearby buildings etc don't load correctly! HDD mode is set to OFF, game is installed on NVME SSD. Textures are set to HIGH.

uploading a video:

From 0:46 onwards, the low (almost 0) polygon counts on certain elements are way too distracting !
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.06.05 - 18.11.26.23.png

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    102.3 KB · Views: 33
  • msinfo.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I’m not sure if this is a bug or was intentionally removed but the food vendors no longer sell fruit. Is the result the same for anyone else?

Last edited:
Top Bottom