1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
I've discovered a minor bug after 1.6 that isn't game breaking or anything but pretty aggravating. It's constantly raining in Night City for me now no matter what I try to get it to stop.

My work schedule finally calmed down a little and I've had some real time to Sink into 1.6(PS5) SO I'm going to break this down into a few categories.

Bug That they fixed but are back:
1. Police Aggro is wonky again; it hadn't happened since 1.5 but I've been attacked after Helping NCPD twice now.
2. Severe Clipping. This never went completely away, but I've noticed much more enemies clipping through cars floors and wall than before 1.6
3. Crashes. Only had 2 so far but hadn't had a crash since 1.5 launched so 2 feels like a lot.

New things I've just noticed:
1. Texture loading glitch, Textures kept swapping styles colors and frames, eventually caused one of the crashes I mentioned.
2. Weird UI bug in Johnny Flashback. While fighting in Atlantis, it was showing V's normal UI and Colors Layered over Johhny's alternate blue and yellow one, having both up at the same time was a little distracting.
3. Cops during "Only Pain" I talked them down from fighting, they got in the cars to leave, Cars had the "Yellow Chase symbol" on the map but they never left they just sat there doing nothing.
4. Camera Behavior. When turning off cameras with "Technical Ability", If you disable all cameras in the area, they turn back on and go hostile.
5. Weapon Reload animation. Sometimes, and it's been rare, the animation doesn't trigger for reloading, but after a few second the ammo count refills.
6. Unable to sell or disassemble Maddoc MK.1. I have like 600 of them, wanted to break down for parts to craft better healing items, Hold the button, it asks, the amount. Makes the sound and acts like it worked. But no new components show up and the count doesn't drop. Also, I cannot sell them. Other healing items behave normally.

Things I'm Surprised haven't been fixed.
1. "Mandatory Phone Calls" triggering during other conversations. This one explains itself two conversations happening at once.
2. NPCS holding items they shouldn't be during conversations, Specifically Panam and Judy. But I've also seen others.

I got a bad one, if you enter combat in a car you will be stuck in combat until you die even if nothing is left alive and you leave the area. you get stuck in the weird version of combat too, can't open map, or inventory, or summon a car, etc. flatinglining is the only way to fix it. I'm not using any mods, just base game.

Thanks a lot. Now I won't be able to unsee it. ;)
You're welcome. ;)
Post automatically merged:

I mean, I've got no issues with it if that's the way Mike swings, but they are clipping through one and other.
While this one is particularly bad - because Mike is someone who you can sit down with and speak to, unfortunately NPCs spawning on top of each other happens all over Night City. It happens often enough that it is possibly the most distracting/immersion breaking bugs that I come across. I mean, it doesn't destroy the game or anything and it's mostly harmless but it does serve as a too-frequent reminder that this is "just a game" which I find jarring simply because CP2077 is much more than that to me.

Just to keep myself sane (and mostly for fun), I sometimes snap a picture as I discover such things.

Along with NPCs spawning with their feet in the ground, or partially inside bits of scenery, or in a leaning pose when they are not near scenery, or having the wrong prop in their hands...

these things happen often enough that I guess CDPR will be aware of them.

Some of the pics I posted are quite old and may no longer happen in those locations, but some of the other pics are recent. The main reason to post them is really in case anyone finds any of them amusing, not to moan or whine. I'm sure we've all seen similar things at some point.

Last edited:
I still get the bug where I cant disassemble items at times.

It most often happens with huge maxdoc stacks. You can debug it by simply placing the whole stack -1 in your stash, using that one item and then taking the rest of the stack out of the stash. It's fixable, but i guess not everyone knows about this fix. This bug existed since the release of CP77 IIRC and shoudn't be a thing anymore.

Obvious bug is obvious, but the enviroment still tends to explode at times when you just touch something. Cant this be fixed?

After completing all along the watch tower i am unable to equip any weapons, double jump, etc and it lists all my jobs as failed even the vehicle and apartment purchases

Floating NPCs are still a thing during the parade:
CP77 NPC bug.jpg

I am unsure if this would be considered a "bug" or not. Probably more of an oversight, but I thought this would be the best place to mention it.

During the Pyramid Song quest, when you meet Judy at the lakeside, you can see that the tattoos she typically has on her right wrist and index finger are not present. They should be visible even when she has that suit on, since her hand is still exposed:
1664140800245.png

1664140859991.png

For comparison, here is how her right hand looks normally:
1664140956599.png

1664140995163.png

As far as fixes go, this seems relatively minor, and may not be a priority, but I thought I may as well mention it so people are aware.

Playing on PS5:
I luckily never had any real issues on ps5 with the game overall.

But after 1.6 this occured a few times:

- Nue handgun suddenly disappeared, litterally shooting with empty hands;
- After launching, the game got stuck on the yellow startup screen;
- Animations for both entering and exiting a vehicle got messed up;
- The game froze while driving the car while fleeing from the cops

Cheers!

Leaving cars is bugged in my new game post 1.6. Animation is completely off.
Also Jackie "holding" (it's off) his gun whole Afterlife story, is in combat mode while walking.
View attachment 11319533

disassembling equipment in inventory results in UI becoming slot machine.
Noticed all these, too. On a pre-1.6 save loaded into 1.6 which I then progressed into Act 2.

mipmap levels are much too aggressive on textures for things like neon signs. Combo'd with DLSS this makes these textures look extremely blurred.

Got 2 more to add.

One I forgot was, since 1.6, Misty has been "Stuck" at that alter in her shop ever since I started the "fool on the hill" quest, I haven't tried very hard to force her out into a conversation because it's not a major issue, But for people who like those little tarot card conversations it could be annoying.

Today while playing "Sweet Dreams" (side note I'm not sure if that's a mission worth playing except to clear it off the map) After waking up in the scav haunt, when I collected my gear from the locker, everything weighed double. It was like it never fully cleared the weight from my inventory so when I grabbed everything it was reading as if I had 2 of each item but was only showing one. A quick save and load fixed it instantly once I dropped out of combat, but still worth mentioning.

Not sure if anyone has seen this bug, but all of the access points have disappeared from my game. Ping doesn't work, nor does the Extended Network Interface perk. I've even checked locations I know contain nodes, only to find them unusable - no interaction prompt.

An odd one, but no idea if it's 1.6 or the feature update for Win10 that installed a couple of days ago (feature updates can be problematic at times). First visit to the 2nd Amendment store in Pacifica. Bought a couple of schematics and 100 rounds of pistol ammo while selling a bunch of stuff that I'd picked up while working through the available scanner hustles on the way to the shop. Stepped outside, set a waypoint, and got freeze, black screen, and system reboot. CTDs happen from time to time, but I can only recall one or two system reboots since 1.0.
Post automatically merged:

Got to add one more: Mr. Hands' stuff is kind of messed up. His one gig popped while I was in the clothing shop. No phone call, no nothing. Just popped on my screen and asked if I wanted to track it. I had M'ap Tann Pelen was showing as my active mission, but I had not contacted Mr. Hands yet. Some time later, I contacted him to start the mission and was waiting on his next phone call when I got the phone call welcoming me to Pacifica. Weird.

Last edited:
I think if you're carrying one of those large HMG machine guns while you are getting into a car, that gun is actually being invisibly added to your game save inventory.

I was just looking at my game save using CyberCAT Save Editor and I found that I have four Mk .31 HMG guns in there. Those are the large machine guns that you cannot put into your inventory. Before patch 1.6, sometimes I was able to glitch them into my inventory by carrying them while opening a car door, then when I exited the car I could use the weapon again. It didn't work every time, but often times it did work. I've been trying to get the glitch to happen again, but since the patch it has not been working. Yet now I see that the Save Editor shows that there are actually 4 of them hidden in my inventory. Kinda weird, but interesting none the less.

But wouldn't that also mean that if people are unaware that this can happen... wont this cause needless save bloat?
Screenshot 2022-09-25 235215.png

Last edited:
Did you also have a problem in the first Paralez mission where while talking with them in the car Elizabeth's voice keeps getting more distant to the point where I cant hear her?

Did you also have a problem in the first Paralez mission where while talking with them in the car Elizabeth's voice keeps getting more distant to the point where I cant hear her?
I encountered it too, "fixed" by simply reload a save just before get in the car.

I have the problem with "Gimme Danger" and "Play it Safe" where Goro wont call.

I suspect maybe some of the old bugs from before 1.5 have return? I tried all kinds of things to get around it. It should be possible to wait 24 hours, save, die, reload and he still does not call. I ended up waiting more than a week.

Master crafter not unlocking even though I have crafted tens of legendaries.

Edit: Playing on PC (GoG), save dates back to 1.52.

Top Bottom