1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
FlyingSight.png

For quest progression issues this is the official article from CDPR support:
(if none of that helps you can contact them by clicking on "Contact Us")

If you are playing with mods, that could also have something to do with it.

Here you go... Fresh install, no mods, no other things.. Sad thing is this is not just for Dex. Takemura, Claire Russel, Panam etc.

Fresh install, but is this a new game? A saved game that has been modded in the past will still contain the reference data of prior mods. Often uninstalling mods during the playthrough is what can cause these sorts of issues.

If this is a brand new playthrough (never modded), go ahead and send it in to CDPR support. If you can highlight the choices you made along the questline (e.g. Met with Stout / didn' meet with Stout...cleaned the credit shard / warned Malestrom about the shard / gave Malestrom the bad shard / didn't use the shard...etc.) That could be helpful. If it's not mod related, there's likely a bug in the quest script.

From the sounds of it, especially if you're seeing this behavior with other characters, it sounds as if something else is wrong on your end. I've played all the way through Helman's questline on 1.61 without any issues aside from flickering shadows.

a) In missions where Panam joins you to fight, she shouts around before engaging in combat and does this at a too high frequency. In general I think that NPCs should only shout right after shooting or getting hit, otherwise it breaks immersion.

b) The same applies to NPCs saying too quickly stuff like "What's wrong V?" when you don't answer immediately in a dialogue. Also this breaks immersion, especially when the player is not very experienced with shooters/rpgs. Some players will take 20 seconds before answering in a multiple choice dialogue. Until then, the NPC imho should NOT start speaking out of dialogue, especially as the NPC reaction often doesn't fit with the general "sound" of the ongoing dialogue.

Fresh install, but is this a new game? A saved game that has been modded in the past will still contain the reference data of prior mods. Often uninstalling mods during the playthrough is what can cause these sorts of issues.

If this is a brand new playthrough (never modded), go ahead and send it in to CDPR support. If you can highlight the choices you made along the questline (e.g. Met with Stout / didn' meet with Stout...cleaned the credit shard / warned Malestrom about the shard / gave Malestrom the bad shard / didn't use the shard...etc.) That could be helpful. If it's not mod related, there's likely a bug in the quest script.

From the sounds of it, especially if you're seeing this behavior with other characters, it sounds as if something else is wrong on your end. I've played all the way through Helman's questline on 1.61 without any issues aside from flickering shadows.
I also tried it on another computer. No mods, new save. The problem still continues. It's really tragic that only I have this problem. If there is someone who has not experienced this problem and finished the game, can they send me the save file? I want to try

Edit: Can anyone check Takemura and Claire Russell’s messages? I wondered V’s answers. Please send screenshot :(

Is it me or does every loading slider in the game say "enemy hack in progress" even when there is no enemy hack in progress?

I also tried it on another computer. No mods, new save. The problem still continues. It's really tragic that only I have this problem. If there is someone who has not experienced this problem and finished the game, can they send me the save file? I want to try

Edit: Can anyone check Takemura and Claire Russell’s messages? I wondered V’s answers. Please send screenshot
Just making sure we're clear -- moving the save file to a new computer won't matter. It is the save file itself that may be the problem. "New save" meaning that you started all over with a brand new character and played through again from the beginning of the game.

If that is what you've done, and this same problem occurred again, on two totally different systems, that is uber-weird. At that stage, it's most likely a matter of the choices you've made in the game resulting in some weird hiccup. Can you map out the order in which you did the quest to that point, and the choices you made at key stages? E.g.:

Nomad start.
Met with Evelyn first. Did not agree to backstab Dex.
Talked with Stout. Got the chip. Cleaned it.
Talked with Malestrom. Gave them the clean chip. Told them that it used to be dirty.
Militech attacks. Freed Brick. Killed Royce in the power armor fight.

^ If it's not mods, it's probably going to be some really obscure bug that happens with a very specific sequence of choices through the game.

Check out this bug/glitch. Managed to pick up a set of equipable mantis blades in the melee weapons menu 😂😂 I actually have monowire as my cyberware weapon

Attachments

• 20221219_153844.jpg
    20221219_153844.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Honestly I was running around knocking out NCPD markers on the map and when I looked at my inventory when I got the overweight notification, it was there, picked up from one of the enemies along the way lol I do remember there was a large amount of enemies meeting up. looked like maelstrom and some Arasaka corporate goons, somewhere between Kabuki and Northside Industrial. One of the maelstrom guys had it on him but I thought it was a mod when I first picked it up. No mods, playing on Ps4.

Honestly I was running around knocking out NCPD markers on the map and when I looked at my inventory when I got the overweight notification, it was there, picked up from one of the enemies along the way lol I do remember there was a large amount of enemies meeting up. looked like maelstrom and some Arasaka corporate goons, somewhere between Kabuki and Northside Industrial. One of the maelstrom guys had it on him but I thought it was a mod when I first picked it up. No mods, playing on Ps4.
Never see that since release (And I'm a loot goblin...), but could be a bug which happen on PS4/playstation only :)
You can report it if you want (Mantis Blades equipable in weapons slots is more likely unintended and a bug^^)

Cardboard1.png
Cardboard2.png
Cardboard3.png
Cardboard4.png
Cardboard5.png
DoubleEXP.png
FrayedAtheleticShoes1.png
FrayedAtheleticShoes2.png
GorillaArms1.png
GorillaArms2.png

Post automatically merged:

GorillaArms3.png

Inventory.png
Pozhar.png

Icons.png

PlatformBoots2.png

PlatformBoots.png
Defender1.png
Defender2.png
FlyingSight.png

PowerTech.png

Hole1.png

Last edited:
a) In missions where Panam joins you to fight, she shouts around before engaging in combat and does this at a too high frequency. In general I think that NPCs should only shout right after shooting or getting hit, otherwise it breaks immersion.
Yeah, I am not sure why it annoys me that Jackie will often times choose to swear at the bad guys instead of recite his scripted dialogue during The Rescue, but it does.

"Mano, get his attention. I'll do the PROFANITY IN SPANISH~!"

This has never been fixed so I doubt the thing with Panam will be fixed either.

This happened to me as well, I did some testing and it seems like the bug only happens when you're wearing a jacket or some upper body that would normaly cover the sleeves, which also removes the sleeves of the transmog when riding a bike.
This happened to me as well, I did some testing and it seems like the bug only happens when you're wearing a jacket or some upper body that would normaly cover the sleeves, which also removes the sleeves of the transmog when riding a bike.
Also when you look in the mirror, the sleeves are not visible.

Just making sure we're clear -- moving the save file to a new computer won't matter. It is the save file itself that may be the problem. "New save" meaning that you started all over with a brand new character and played through again from the beginning of the game.

If that is what you've done, and this same problem occurred again, on two totally different systems, that is uber-weird. At that stage, it's most likely a matter of the choices you've made in the game resulting in some weird hiccup. Can you map out the order in which you did the quest to that point, and the choices you made at key stages? E.g.:

Nomad start.
Met with Evelyn first. Did not agree to backstab Dex.
Talked with Stout. Got the chip. Cleaned it.
Talked with Malestrom. Gave them the clean chip. Told them that it used to be dirty.
Militech attacks. Freed Brick. Killed Royce in the power armor fight.

^ If it's not mods, it's probably going to be some really obscure bug that happens with a very specific sequence of choices through the game.
Nomad,
Maelstrom first,
Talked with Stout, taking chip not cleaned yet,
Maelstorm Destroyed,
Brick saved.

I don't think it's just about this mission. Because the same problem happens in Beast In Me mission and Takemura's missions. I sent tickets 2 times but no result. I already deleted the game. An annoying thing. I hope they fix this. Thanks for answers.

After watching the braindance in "I fought the law", V's body disappeared and was invisible in 1st person perspective. In photomode however the character model was visible (in 3rd person drone view).

Nomad,
Maelstrom first,
Talked with Stout, taking chip not cleaned yet,
Maelstorm Destroyed,
Brick saved.

I don't think it's just about this mission. Because the same problem happens in Beast In Me mission and Takemura's missions. I sent tickets 2 times but no result. I already deleted the game. An annoying thing. I hope they fix this. Thanks for answers.
I can't help but notice you never answered about the save file, whether it was carried over from a modded playthrough, or whether you started over again from the beginning with a new saved game. Mods are still the most likely answer.

It's not possible to offer support for games that have been modded. There's no way to be sure how what the mod author changed and how will affect the larger game. If it's a combination of mods conflicting with one another, then it's practically impossible to track down what happened. Support will not be able to help -- you'd need to figure out what mod or combination of mods created the issue, then talk to the author(s) about the situation. This is true of all games. It's not guaranteed to happen, but it can happen with any mods you use with anything.

Even if you return later to the game, your options are the same. Confirm that the issue happens on a brand new playthrough using no mods. Or, if it is mod related, installing the most recent version of exactly the same mods you used to be using, then reloading back to the start of that mission may prevent the bug. Removing mods mid-playthrough is very likely to cause issues exactly like this.

Top Bottom