1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
Hey guys! Made a post about this a while back but the flashbang bug is still here in the 1.6 update. It happens whenever I open and close the menu, inventory menu, or map and is the most noticeable at night. Whenever I do this, there is a huge flash of light after closing the menu that will momentarily blind me, creating a flashbang effect. This is repeatable and gets annoying after a while, especially when it is dark in the game. I do not have any mods installed at all and even created a new savefile in 1.6 to test it out.
Update about this one. Reached out to CDPR support and they replied back! They are actively working on fixing this so that is a big relief:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We're working on this issue, thanks for the report!

Kind regards,
Murasaki

On Tue, 6 Sept 2022 at 20:46, CD Projekt Red - Support <no_reply@support.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Game: Cyberpunk 2077
Platform: PC
Category: GAMEPLAY

Issue Title: I want to report a visual issue

Select a platform: Steam
Version: 1.6 (Latest)
Short description of the issue: The flashbang bug is still here in the 1.6 update. It happens whenever I open and close the menu, inventory menu, or map and is the most noticeable at night. Whenever I do this, there is a huge flash of light after closing the menu that will momentarily blind me, creating a flashbang effect.

Did you use a Reshad mod before ?
(some already have this knid of bug because of that).
Issue could persist in save, so maybe worth to try with a new save.
No I didn't use that one, I was using CyberTweaks and a few mods that use that. Trying a new save in a minute to see how it goes.

Saved games unfortunately don't get "cleaned" when you remove mods. If a fresh start doesn't fix it, then contact support since it's definitely a big issue and it sounds like you have a clean install going. I assume by "all CP folders" you also mean the one in AppData?

It looks like it'll help but there is a good chance that mods making large sweeping changes will still leave traces on saved games even if you add/remove them through REDmod. It's somewhat inevitable. Even in Bethesda's games there are mods that have to be remove in very specific ways and require a "cleaning" script to be ran to ensure they leave nothing behind.
I looked for everything I could find, it's possible I may have missed something though. Where would one typically find AppData? I've looked though my C and D drive and can't see one, but I might not be seeing the wood for the trees!
Post automatically merged:

OK ;)
Bonus question, you well deleted all the remaining folders/files after uninstalling the game (like in the Appdata folder)?
I can't seem to find any folder called Appdata? GrimReaper801 asked this as well. I may not be looking in the right place, or may have missed it in my desire to get back on Cyperpunk as quick as possible! :D

I looked for everything I could find, it's possible I may have missed something though. Where would one typically find AppData? I've looked though my C and D drive and can't see one, but I might not be seeing the wood for the trees!
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CD Project Red\Cyberpunk 2077 - that has the UserSettings.json in it, which might make a difference.

Post automatically merged:

I can't seem to find any folder called Appdata? GrimReaper801 asked this as well. I may not be looking in the right place, or may have missed it in my desire to get back on Cyperpunk as quick as possible! :D
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CD Project Red\Cyberpunk 2077 - that has the UserSettings.json in it, which might make a difference.

To add to MerricB's post, you might need to turn on hidden items to see the AppData folder.

Once you locate the CP2077 folder you can just delete it completely. A new install will recreate it.

To add to MerricB's post, you might need to turn on hidden items to see the AppData folder.

Once you locate the CP2077 folder you can just delete it completely. A new install will recreate it.
Thank you both! I did in fact miss that file! Deleted it, verifying files through Steam again, hopefully that works. If not I guess I'll just start another playthrough... oh no, like I wasn't gonna do another run through anyway! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now the game crashes before getting to the start screen, what have I done?

Last edited:
First of all, "grab" text sometimes doesn't load. Second of all, Jackie is teleporting himself magically.

Also, Jackie's pistols are missing.

On the other side of the teleport:

Last edited:
First of all, "grab" text sometimes doesn't load. Second of all, Jackie is teleporting himself magically.
Also, Jackie's pistols are missing.

Yeah, your Jackie isn't acting like he's supposed to at all. The teleporting happens because of scripted events. He's supposed to be somewhere but he's not because his behavior is messed up. So the game puts him where he's supposed to be but since his behavior is messed up he tries to go back to whatever.

If you have no mods (and did a clean install) I'd suggest sending this video to support.

If you have no mods (and did a clean install) I'd suggest sending this video to support.
I reinstalled the entire game yesterday. I already reported this bug via support.cdprojektred.com two months ago. I used "visual issue" because they don't have a proper category for this type of bugs. They even thanked me. I haven't sent a video, but I feel like I should have, only instructions. So I can't be sure if they were able to reproduce it. Maybe CDPR just doesn't feel like it's a big problem. Not many people play non-violent way anyway.

So far, I've had the police officers disappear when they see me (I can't even have a shootout with everyone as before), and my Cali repeatedly running far far away from me when I call it (I know I am a horrible owner and an even worse driver, but hey, the cars regenerate!). Both are new bugs that I did not experience in 1.52.

A replay would be a mass hunt for newly introduced bugs, and the three gigs added cannot justify replaying the game for me. Adding, say, 130 would!

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me but this seems to have helped. After restarting my PC, again, I installed RedMod (not sure why I didn't first time) and I haven't had a crash since on old games or new. Hope this helps others!

Some ads in TVs across the world of Cyberpunk 2077 aren't playing correctly. Two constant examples are ads for Nicola and Tiancha. The visuals freezes, while the audio correctly finishes.

Fresh install. No mods, cheats or trainers. Playing on default settings.

I still haven't been able to resolve this Mantis Blade issue. Same thing happens with Monowire as well. Clearing the shader cache did absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
When upgrading the Hypercritical I got from the new mission from Epic to Legendary the Epic version is still in my inventory and can't be removed,

I reinstalled the entire game yesterday. I already reported this bug via support.cdprojektred.com two months ago. I used "visual issue" because they don't have a proper category for this type of bugs. They even thanked me. I haven't sent a video, but I feel like I should have, only instructions. So I can't be sure if they were able to reproduce it. Maybe CDPR just doesn't feel like it's a big problem. Not many people play non-violent way anyway.

That's not necessarily a clean install.

If you have used mods in the past you could very well have a few remnant files that are causing this. Furthermore, a typical uninstall does not remove the CP2077 folder in the AppData. Which may be causing the issue.

A clean install would require you to uninstall, delete the CP2077 folder from your install path and, ideally, delete the CP2077 from the AppData folder and then reinstall. If you've done all this and are still getting the bug then, yes, send the video to CDPR. There is nothing better than a visual aid.

Top Bottom