1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
That's what is strange on the whole ordeal. It would seam that whatever was wrong manifested in older saves aswel. Saves from last year, from version 1.52, from version 1,2 - very odd.
It would manifest in any save file made after the offending mod(s) were first installed. In order to check to see for certain if it is a mod, you'd need a 100% vanilla save file made before any mods were used.

It could also be the installation itself. Sometimes mods or other factors will alter the actual installation files. This would definitely require a reinstallation unless the user knew exactly which files were affected. Verifying / repairing can't always fix this.

My steps would be:
1.) With all mods removed, verify/repair the installation.
2.) Back up all save files, and ensure the folder is completely empty.
3.) Begin a brand new game, Level 1.

See if any issues crop up there. If so, I'd cut right to the Clean Installation.

Found a CTD bug when crafting, easy to reproduce:
Craft an iconic weapon to higher tier, click on "upgrade" tab, game crash.

It would manifest in any save file made after the offending mod(s) were first installed. In order to check to see for certain if it is a mod, you'd need a 100% vanilla save file made before any mods were used.

It could also be the installation itself. Sometimes mods or other factors will alter the actual installation files. This would definitely require a reinstallation unless the user knew exactly which files were affected. Verifying / repairing can't always fix this.

My steps would be:
1.) With all mods removed, verify/repair the installation.
2.) Back up all save files, and ensure the folder is completely empty.
3.) Begin a brand new game, Level 1.

See if any issues crop up there. If so, I'd cut right to the Clean Installation.
Well it seems that the new fresh install helped. Damn, shame it had to be solution this drastic - There goes my REDmod enjoyment. B-bye mods.

For my side, I still have Ted Fox bug for "saboteur" quest (Breaking news).
He and his car spawn under the ground so it's impossible to go in the car and go forward in this quest.

I've check and there is player on PS4 and on PC that has this bug, it's not an isolate case.

The Shell for the Iguana Egg Bug:
I got the iguana egg and also talked to Takemura at the diner, unfortunately the shell for the iguana egg just doesn't show up in V's apartment.
Post automatically merged:

The Shell for the Iguana Egg Bug on ps4:
I got the iguana egg and also talked to Takemura at the diner, unfortunately the shell for the iguana egg just doesn't show up in V's apartment.

The Shell for the Iguana Egg Bug:
You're on PS4 or XB1 ?
If yes, sadly, the bowl doesn't spawn because this "feature" is not available on "old gen" (like new 1.5 katana/knife animations)
For my side, I still have Ted Fox bug for "saboteur" quest (Breaking news).
He and his car spawn under the ground so it's impossible to go in the car and go forward in this quest.

I've check and there is player on PS4 and on PC that has this bug, it's not an isolate case.
The best that you can do, it's to report it to the support and provide a save if possible :(
("Contact Us" button, you choose your platform on the left if you're not on PC)

Of the two LA CHINGONA DORADA if upgraded, i.e. to Epic, with both in inventory 1 becomes unusable, now with 3 in inventory, and the actual 2nd gun is made unusable too. Then the unusable clone and the actual gun disappear leaving only 1 upgraded gun. PC version.​

A very annoying bug found on this street in Kabuki, after loading the game the first time (every time you load your save) you go through this zone no matter the speed or vehicle it will smash on the ground and sometimes launch the vehicle under. You can see how the car i was driving looks after the crash, the bumpers will stay on the ground always after the crash.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

The grenade launcher arm still does barely any damage no matter the mods my level or the enemy level it used to work just fine 2 big patches ago and now its broken and is useless please fix and make it scale with perks

Something I'm having an issue with, is that the Phantom (rate of fire) mods don't seem to be working properly on the weapons that were introduced in 1.6. The mod does nothing to increase the DPS of the weapon like it does on original game weapons. You can see the "Attacks per Second" number increase with each mod added, but the DPS remains as stock, making the mod pointless on these newer weapons.

To clarify: Is it just my game, or can someone else try to reproduce this with the Kappa, Kyubi or VST-37 Pozhar? All of my older weapons work properly with this mod. None of these newer one's do.

Thank you

Last edited:
Well it seems that the new fresh install helped. Damn, shame it had to be solution this drastic - There goes my REDmod enjoyment. B-bye mods.
I'm glad it worked. And sorry that the other game was lost.

In general, this is the protocol I use whenever I'm going to try out some mods.

1.) Back up saved games. Save them on a USB or something.

2.) Install the new mods I want to play with. See how it goes. If I decide I don't like one or more, delete ALL existing saved games, remove whichever mods, and restore the backed up saves.

3.) If a patch is released, you're simply rolling dice if you continue with mods. If the mod authors don't release an update for their mods, you're basically up the creek. Nothing you can do but clean out the mods that don't work and hope for the best, or you can begin a new game.

As time goes on, one can get a feel for which sorts of mods are likely to be trouble in the future and which ones will probably be safe to add or remove at will. There is presently no way to ensure that a mod will not cause game-breaking conflicts, however. If you use mods in any game, you always do so at your own risk.

I'm glad it worked. And sorry that the other game was lost.

In general, this is the protocol I use whenever I'm going to try out some mods.

1.) Back up saved games. Save them on a USB or something.

2.) Install the new mods I want to play with. See how it goes. If I decide I don't like one or more, delete ALL existing saved games, remove whichever mods, and restore the backed up saves.

3.) If a patch is released, you're simply rolling dice if you continue with mods. If the mod authors don't release an update for their mods, you're basically up the creek. Nothing you can do but clean out the mods that don't work and hope for the best, or you can begin a new game.

As time goes on, one can get a feel for which sorts of mods are likely to be trouble in the future and which ones will probably be safe to add or remove at will. There is presently no way to ensure that a mod will not cause game-breaking conflicts, however. If you use mods in any game, you always do so at your own risk.
Allright i'm gonna keep that in mind

Finished the main story for a second time and upon loading in after selecting "One more gig", I'm unable to do anything. Can't summon vehicles, use weapons or healing items or otherwise interact meaningfully with the game.

As I'm paranoid and make sure to have plenty of backup saves it's not the end of the world as I do still have a manual save from before entering the elevator to embers and everything still works fine there.

This still is very annoying as it means all the new items I picked up (like rogues gun and the gardener's spade) are effectively lost for good.

Finished the main story for a second time and upon loading in after selecting "One more gig", I'm unable to do anything. Can't summon vehicles, use weapons or healing items or otherwise interact meaningfully with the game.

As I'm paranoid and make sure to have plenty of backup saves it's not the end of the world as I do still have a manual save from before entering the elevator to embers and everything still works fine there.

This still is very annoying as it means all the new items I picked up (like rogues gun and the gardener's spade) are effectively lost for good.
You're not alone who encounter this issue :(
So the best would be to send a report to the support, including a save file if possible (just create a save in which there is the issue).
(no dedicated category, but this one should be fine, knowing that you can't do anything^^)

You're not alone who encounter this issue :(
So the best would be to send a report to the support, including a save file if possible (just create a save in which there is the issue).
(no dedicated category, but this one should be fine, knowing that you can't do anything^^)
Just submited it. Really hope this isn't an issue with old characters. Put over a hundred hours into that streetkid.

Oh yeah and there's also this:

The tanktops and t-shirts keep glitching. in first person they don't render at all, so the character is topless in the inventory menu it looks like this:

20220929214609_1.jpg

and the firstperson (including this cutscene)
20220929214018_1.jpg

It's not my fault - this is here just for the bug report purposes. xD

Not sure if this one has been mentioned. I think it still exists. I certainly saw it on my last playthrough.

Octavio certainly appears male, and is referred to by the sub titles as "good guy" but Lucy's audio refers to Octavio as "good girl"

Not my video, but fast forward to 57 seconds to see/hear it.

This video is only 2 days old, supporting the idea that the "bug" still exists.

Last edited:
Update on the "can not doing anything after endgame" issue I had. Found out what was going on and it was due to the Point of No Return autosave.

Seems that for my second go at the ending the save occurred inside the elevator. So I loading up my manual back up, paused before entering the elevator, and this time the game autosaved the point properly and everything worked fine after picking "One more gig...".

This is still a big problem as something simple as moving a bit too fast can unknowingly screw over someone game like this. I got lucky because I keep lots of manual backups that I tend to be paranoid about overwriting. I know there is at least one person on these forums that wasn't so fortunate.

Top Bottom