1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
Another bug is glitchy DOF in several quests. With DOF enabled in certain scenes either the entire screen is blurry or characters in the foreground are. It happens twice in Holdin' On, once during Second Conflict and once during Talkin' 'bout a Revolution. I'm playing on a 1080p resolution.
Confirm, the same on console :)
The "focus" is on the wrong characters... Johnny instead of Nancy, Tom and Roxanne instead of Judy :(

Edit : Not on wrong people... Normally, focus should be adjusted in function on where you look at. In these cases, it's not.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone can help but on the mission "With a little help from my friends" the games crashes as I approach the station. Has anyone encountered this bug and if so is there a fix.

Cheers

I don't know if anyone can help but on the mission "With a little help from my friends" the games crashes as I approach the station. Has anyone encountered this bug and if so is there a fix.

Cheers
Which platform ?
If PC, do you use mods ? Or used mods ?
If it's not already done, try to verify the game files

Cheers

If you manage to get this fixed please let us know if the night sky is cloudy when Panam asks you to look up at the stars. If that happens, please report to CDPR support!

Which platform ?
If PC, do you use mods ? Or used mods ?
If it's not already done, try to verify the game files

Hello, I am on PC and I have verified the game file and it is still occurring the problem seems to be when I enter the cell. I will try disabling my mods and see what happens and if need be do a reinstall then enabling mods as I go to see if it could be one of them.

Will let you know
Cheers.

Update: So I got lucky I removed all my mods from the cyberpunk mods folder and from the Archive mods folder and the game played fine, I then put all the mods back in the cyberpunk/mods folder and once again the game ran fine. When I put all the mods back in the Archive folder the same thing happened so the idea was to remove each mod file and run the game, however the first file I left out was "_0_EACO_1_69_Default_VanillaWeather_VignetteOff_SharpOff.archive" and this file was causing the problem, I left it out of the mods folder and no more problem.

Not sure which mod this file is from as I only have 1 weather mods installed.

Last edited:
Hello, I am on PC and I have verified the game file and it is still occurring the problem seems to be when I enter the cell. I will try disabling my mods and see what happens and if need be do a reinstall then enabling mods as I go to see if it could be one of them.

Will let you know
Cheers.

Update: So I got lucky I removed all my mods from the cyberpunk mods folder and from the Archive mods folder and the game played fine, I then put all the mods back in the cyberpunk/mods folder and once again the game ran fine. When I put all the mods back in the Archive folder the same thing happened so the idea was to remove each mod file and run the game, however the first file I left out was "_0_EACO_1_69_Default_VanillaWeather_VignetteOff_SharpOff.archive" and this file was causing the problem, I left it out of the mods folder and no more problem.

Not sure which mod this file is from as I only have 1 weather mods installed.

This doesn't surprise me because your mod might have been conflicting with a scripted weather event/bug, which happens once you sit down by the campfire. What happened when you looked up at the night sky after Panam asked you to? It went all cloudy and obscured the stars, right?

Picked up the game this week and really enjoy the small amount I’ve been able to play but unfortunately I’ve hit a bug which is making it pretty much unplayable.

Auto save is sometimes unable to complete save process which either leads to crashing out of the game or the game will not trigger the next part of the mission requiring full restart and lost progress. Bug is intermittent but frequent enough to make the game essentially unplayable.

I am playing on Xbox Series S and I have tried disabling cross save, playing offline, removing old saves and emptying the Xbox cache but none have solved the issue.

Any suggestions for getting around it or update on if/when this issue will be patched would be appreciated.

Picked up the game this week and really enjoy the small amount I’ve been able to play but unfortunately I’ve hit a bug which is making it pretty much unplayable.

Auto save is sometimes unable to complete save process which either leads to crashing out of the game or the game will not trigger the next part of the mission requiring full restart and lost progress. Bug is intermittent but frequent enough to make the game essentially unplayable.

I am playing on Xbox Series S and I have tried disabling cross save, playing offline, removing old saves and emptying the Xbox cache but none have solved the issue.

Any suggestions for getting around it or update on if/when this issue will be patched would be appreciated.
That's annoying :(
It's the same in both mode (30/60 FPS) ?
Your SSD is not "too" full ? (I always keep ≃ 20/30 GB of free space).
In any way, there is no much more that you can do by your own on console, so I suggest to directly contact the support for help ("Contact Us" button).

Dynamic Resolution automatically sets FSR to auto.

This might be related to the issue I mentioned on PC - flickering when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling. It seems the game has a lot of problems with changing resolution during gameplay, being forced to entirely redraw the scene every time the resolution changes.

I think this is exactly what is happening on the consoles. Much like the PC issue, it appears that it is to do with the resolution scaling and FSR 2.1 I am guessing needing to re-apply sharpening on the fly to the new resolution of the scene. What I can't understand is A: why it was missed by both Digital Foundry and NX Gamer and isn't more widely reported as it is one of the most visually distracting things I have witnessed in any game I have played.

My worry is this will go un-resolved and now very likely to affect the new updated Witcher 3 patch that is being released as that is also now using FSR.

Don't know if the bug has been reminded.
When i start the last mission to meet Hanako, all the rest missions i haven't finished, such as some car-buying missions, will fail. And after i finish the process of the ending mission to return the save point before meeting Hanako, i can't pull out my weapons, and the other missions still failed.
I have communicated with other Chinese players, and the y also found some npc will disapper.
This bug shall be new since update 1.6.

My game was running fine before 1.6 patch. Now i have low fps no matter how much i lower the graphics. Yes i have reinstalled the game many times (i have deleted all files from Appdata, program files/pr*86 documents even i deleted the saves from user/saved games) my nvidia drivers are updated to the last, so its surely a game issue. The problem is not just me many people have the same problem. Will we have to wait for the fix until 2023 with DLC ?? or is there gonna be patch released for this problem soon ?

My specs: Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER intel i7 9700k 32 GB RAM

Not sure if anyone mention but high-beam toggle on vicheals doesnt work. Any of them infact. When I "alt" its just on or off. Instead of low beam then high beam and off. You can tell espically if you use certain car with light bar on top it doesnt come on. Even bikes with low and high beam setting don't work anymore. If anyone can pass it on thanks

To all folks that are experiencing performance issues:

Please, create your own threads about those types of things.
Poor or inconsistent performance can be the result of so many different factors that there's no possible way to identify all the different things that may or may not apply in a "game bug" way. This thread is more for specific things like broken quests, features that may not be working as described, crashes in specific places that are can be reliably re-created, etc.

It's not going to be possible to have a focused, ongoing conversation in this thread about an individual player's specific performance issues.

Blood burst bug game version 1.61. When shooting an ncp the blood burst effect with handguns and machine guns looks like a 2d texture and follows the camera instead of you being able to see around the texture as a 3d object. It worked fine in ealier patches of the game but has been broken since game version 1.4.

Top Bottom