1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
New bug in 1.61. Multiple long sleeves are disappearing on bikes.
This happened to me as well, I did some testing and it seems like the bug only happens when you're wearing a jacket or some upper body that would normaly cover the sleeves, which also removes the sleeves of the transmog when riding a bike.

Last edited:
In story situations where V connects with something I get the message text "enemy hack in progress", I noticed it when Hellman analyzes V in the Sundown Hotel - it looks like some enemy is attacking ("Enemy Hack in progress"). This message text should be changed.

Vibration doesn't work at all when using a DualSense controller natively. Wired w/o any gamepad emulation software running. Correct button prompts, but no vibration. Works for Xbox One controllers. GOG version.

How to trap V in an abandoned building until they starve to death:
There's also a Tarot card nearby designed to trick players into exploring this area and getting trapped. Additionally there's also access ports promising the lure of easy riches. Hopefully no one overwrites a save here, but if they did they'd be screwed. The window should either not allow players in and make them wait until the story brings them here, or allow them to get back out once they're in.

TLDR: You can clip through the window when entering, but it becomes solid after entering and you can't get back out.

How to trap V in an abandoned building until they starve to death:
There's also a Tarot card nearby designed to trick players into exploring this area and getting trapped. Additionally there's also access ports promising the lure of easy riches. Hopefully no one overwrites a save here, but if they did they'd be screwed. The window should either not allow players in and make them wait until the story brings them here, or allow them to get back out once they're in.

TLDR: You can clip through the window when entering, but it becomes solid after entering and you can't get back out.
It's a quest area ;)
So if you go there "too soon", it's very dark. It's not the case during the quest for reason (and there are two exit of this dark area which could be hard to find if you don't know where you have to go and see almost nothing^^)

Missing dialogue from Following The River mission since 1.6.
As Fem V and River walk to the water tower, V should ask “This a romantic stroll, by any chance?”, to which River replies “Not about to pick you flowers, if that’s what you’re asking”.
Tried an old save, a new save, different life paths, but I can't get this part of the dialogue anymore since patching to 1.6 on Xbox Series S...
Should I do a clean install?
TBH, at this point, I’m afraid River will be completely removed out of existence from this game by mistake lol.

Edit: typos.

Last edited:
It's a quest area ;)
So if you go there "too soon", it's very dark. It's not the case during the quest for reason (and there are two exit of this dark area which could be hard to find if you don't know where you have to go and see almost nothing^^)
I know, I've played through the game several times, I was trying not to spoil it for others. There are no exits until the appropriate quest happens, however you can still get in and get stuck prior to starting the right quest (I have a longer video that demonstrates there are no other exits, but its like several minutes so I didn't bother with the long version). You can trap yourself in this section with no way out. This is especially problematic because one of Tarot cards is located in this region, so it basically acts like a trap luring players into it with no way to get out. You should not be able to get into this region prior to the appropriate quest, or be able to get back out the way you came in.

There are no exits until the appropriate quest happens, however you can still get in and get stuck prior to starting the right quest (I have a longer video that demonstrates there are no other exits, but its like several minutes so I didn't bother with the long version).
Except if something changed in 1.61, but since release and on each version since, there are two exit on each side of the (very) dark area ;)
(I will check on a new playthough, if CDPR didn't fix the TP point for street kid life path)

Except if something changed in 1.61, but since release and on each version since, there are two exit on each side of the (very) dark area ;)
(I will check on a new playthough, if CDPR didn't fix the TP point for street kid life path)
The exits only "spawn" when V falls through the roof as part of the quest. Its also not that dark if you turn on all the flood lights in the area if you want to check it yourself. One of the exits is a piece of sheet metal that gets blown up/removed, until that script runs though the sheet metal prevents that exit from being used and blocks the path. Another one is a doorway, which remains locked until the quest script triggers it to be openable.

Just clear the cache in case, if it's not already done (I don't think reinstalling the game would change anything).
Have done that. But i'm doing it again, and gonna start a new save. Let's see how it goes. Thanks!

The exits only "spawn" when V falls through the roof as part of the quest. Its also not that dark if you turn on all the flood lights in the area if you want to check it yourself. One of the exits is a piece of sheet metal that gets blown up/removed, until that script runs though the sheet metal prevents that exit from being used and blocks the path. Another one is a doorway, which remains locked until the quest script triggers it to be openable.
So little update and you're right, but it's totally new in 1.61. I know it's new, because since release I always looted the legendary Sandevistan mod which is in the middle of the area and also, hacked the 3 access points (even in my last 1.6 playthrough^^).
So in 1.6 or earlier, the metal sheet wasn't there and the second doors wasn't locked. So yeah, in 1.61, it's a trap :)
08-12-2022_21-02-13-wsad0rby.jpeg08-12-2022_21-02-23-gujl4h33.jpeg

I am a little confused, is it 1.6 or 1.61 that PC players are having bad frame rate drops?

Is it really a good idea to combine 1.6 and 1.61 notes here?

I am a little confused, is it 1.6 or 1.61 that PC players are having bad frame rate drops?

Is it really a good idea to combine 1.6 and 1.61 notes here?
both 1.6 and 1.6.1
in my case 1.6 issues drop fps with bug map issues before the fix from ndvia
1.6.1 issues when RT enable , but without RT game running more smoothly than 1.6

both 1.6 and 1.6.1
in my case 1.6 issues drop fps with bug map issues before the fix from ndvia
1.6.1 issues when RT enable , but without RT game running more smoothly than 1.6

THANK YOU! (y)

I will upgrade to 1.6.1 then if it has ANY new content. Any gigs or things to do or see?
I think I have 2 gigs from 1.6 I still have not triggered yet so I want to go look for them tonight.

Playing as a Netrunner on Hard (which in general is WAY too easy, apart from the first 10ish levels)

Can't target fast enough and choose the right hacks going up against good snipers. They one shot me before I can pick the right hack. Why can't I bind to a key?
Can't use Short Circuit in its native way. ie It claims to be non-lethal but kills cyberpsychos every time. Bloody frustrating.
Can't target police if they come after me. I was driving through the badlands and suddenly I broke the law (I did nothing, no bodies within miles). That in itself is one bug. Add to that, as a netrunner I can't attack them with hacks even though there is no suggestion they are completely immune. This has happened randomly throughout the last 100 hours.

3 years on and these 3 bugs all occured within the last 45 minutes. Some of them, of course, happened throughout, but specifically, with the sniper VDBS, I spent 45 minutes taking him down because of one bug after another. Mostly to do with non-lethal becoming lethal at the engine's randomly seeded desire.

Making it very hard to complete this playthrough as, after 4 or 5 full playthroughs, I've noticed more bugs in 1.6 than the original release.

Love the game, although it is seriously lacking in sandbox elements like proper factional warfare which really should be a thing in a large area like this, but these bugs make netrunner very frustrating, not least of which is the enormous difficulty drop-off. Some things you got SO right though. Just need to stomp those bugs... still.

Sorry for the ranty post. Written directly after an evening and short play today which were just bug-ridden.

Last edited:
Can't use Short Circuit in its native way. ie It claims to be non-lethal but kills cyberpsychos every time. Bloody frustrating
Didn't try in 1.61, but as far as I remember, it wasn't lethal before :(
So I suggest to report it if it's not already done :
Can't target police if they come after me.
Intended. Cops can't be hacked anyway (no cyberware I guess). So either you use guns or you run away (they're just here as a "punishment").
Love the game, although it is seriously lacking in sandbox elements
Most probably because CDPR never claim Cyberpunk to be a sandbox and also they never made sandbox games before :)

Edit : And about snipers, I highly recommand to install cameo cyberware (legendary) and take care of them at first.

Last edited:
Regarding Short Circuit - It's because of the dot. Once an enemy goes down and the dot is still ticking, it will kill. Every time. Not exactly non-lethal :( And a long standing bug. It's always been like this unfortunately.

Most of V's phone messages disappear after the missions. I'm sure there are some of you saw this.

For example; Claire Russell, Takemura etc.

Can you check it in your own save? I don't think this problem is just me. :(

Most of V's phone messages disappear after the missions. I'm sure there are some of you saw this.

For example; Claire Russell, Takemura etc.

Can you check it in your own save? I don't think this problem is just me. :(
Not there yet in my current playthrough (Goro wait me at Tom's Diner) :(
(Unfortunately, I overwritten my last save... But I don't remember about messages which disappeared)
Obvious question : If you're on PC, do you use or used mods ?

Top Bottom