1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
:D*snickering, yes, it makes sense.

You got to use what you have at your disposal. it made me think about when you can't "afford" to get the job done.
This is the critical consideration. Everyone can feel free to experiment and try to come up with alternative ways of doing whatever. But if you end up using something in a way that it wasn't designed to be used, and it doesn't work out, the only thing that can really be offered is:

"Don't recommend using it like that. That's not what it was intended for."

Everything that follows is life experience and the occasionally mangled screwdriver handle. :p

On the flip side of this, I wonder what would have happened if a player took those items into the carried inventory at Lvl 1. Seems like it may have been the game trying to auto-level them back at the apartment's inventory whenever it created the next instance of the apartment.

Forgot to mention these in the past but they've been going on "for patches" (instead of "for ages") , not just 1.61:
- no sound on the TV video for the mayor campaign in act 2, between Holt and Peralez;
- the Chippin episode with the jumping legs guest has the sound for the kiroshi episode instead

Sorry if this has already had its own post...
Pic related, still a bug, or a feature by now ?
photomode_01022023_224305.png

WTF.png

[...]
Post automatically merged:

Shigure_Sights.png
Cardboard6.png

FlyingNewspaper2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone let me know if after this last unnecessary update, when you go to use the mirror, your character doesn't appear? This is happening with my game.
Also, CDPR support is rubbish.

I have a problem that prevents me from playing, my character jumps on its own, without me asking him. Whether I'm connected to the internet or not, it's the same thing. I need help please

I have a problem that prevents me from playing, my character jumps on its own, without me asking him. Whether I'm connected to the internet or not, it's the same thing. I need help please
Which platform ?
If on PC, do you use (or used) mods ? Did you try with another controller/keyboard ?

I'm on PC

I only play The KillerFou keyboard, without mod
Strange :(
Just a guess, but maybe something interfer with keybinding.
So try to disable any kind of overlay or anything which could run at the same time. Or if possible, try to assign jump to another key to see if it still happen.

Otherwise when I play with the controller no problem, but after more than 1200 hours of play, I'm not used to it :LOL:

I put back an old very old keyboard and an old mouse and it works very well, I don't understand anything anymore

Last edited:
Not sure if I have mentioned this one, but I have seen it in a couple of separate games:

These seats - directly opposite the Riot fast travel point on the other side of the road - have a glitchy appearance. The effect changes and "flickers" as you look at it. It's like two models have spawned in the same place and are z-fighting or something. It's particularly bad because, as you can see from the screenshot, the seats actually relate to a quest where you have to sit on them and wait for Kerry. The glitch happens at all times though (i.e. whether that quest is active or not).

And, while I'm at it, a handful of things that I've seen in the last week or so...

Yup, still lots of NPCs spawning inside each other or inside the architecture. I've also seen a lot of NPCs walking along the top of barriers/walls/railings etc too recently (but didn't screenshot any).

[edit]
Actually, I just caught one.

Not really walking along a barrier, but still weird. When the crossing changed to allow her to walk, she just stepped off the bollard and went about her business.

[edit2]
Maybe the dust storm meant they couldn't see where they were going? ;)

Last edited:
Optical Camo is entirely broken across my entire save. The epic one is broken and I don’t even have the ghost perk.
I know this falls on deaf ears as it’s been broken since launch, but people should know this is how things are handled- or, NOT handled.

Optical Camo is entirely broken across my entire save. The epic one is broken and I don’t even have the ghost perk.
I know this falls on deaf ears as it’s been broken since launch, but people should know this is how things are handled- or, NOT handled.
Maybe not since launch, knowing that optical camo was introduced in 1.3... if I remember correctly.
At least, just go buy the legendary version available in Rancho Coronado ripperdoc which work perfectly fine.
Anyway you can report it if it's not already done :

Side Gig: Monster Hunt
version 1.61
Platform: PC

1 - 'hacking' computer in side room does not follow through with hacking 'minigame' nor provide any reward, just bumps you out again
2 - "Using" the same computer to remotely disable the turret guarding Jotaro Shobo (or to eliminate enemies) - hitting ESC or C to back out of the computer & the game locks you on the computer screen.

I have noticed a few times when driving around NC (long after all the quests, gigs etc have been completed) that sometimes this message pops up on screen:

I'm not sure when that message is meant to appear (possibly during one of the race missions?) but, once it appears, it stays on screen until I do something like save and reload the game.

[edit]
I seem to be able to trigger it reasonably reliably (not every time mind you, but quite often) when driving through this point:

Last edited:
Hey,

I've just done the secret ending.

Do you know what's new? The metal doors where Adam Smasher pushes V through, they were wide open when V arrived. I needed to find the 'F' action to close the door, and that activated the scene.

That was close, I already stated having the thoughts like "Oh no, now I won't get to see Adam Smasher again".
Not funny that it depends on the door, it should be a timed thing when V enters the corridor.

And, ewwwwww, what is this?!!!

photomode_19022023_174730-crop.jpg

Not sure whether I specifically updated this thread or not but a new vid shows the issue better regarding the issues I am seeing on Xbox with weird grainy pixilation. It's annoying me so much I actually just purchased the PS5 version to test as I saw a comment on Reddit saying that it didn't happen to the PS5 version, turns out that is absolutely correct and I think goes some way to explaining why the issue hasn't been widely reported if no one on PS5 is seeing it. Very noticeable when viewed on a larger display.

Ok, been playing 1.61 for half a playthrough now, ps4 pro with SSD.

FIRST some minor bugs so I don't forget them:

for some patches now Hwangbo (? The Cheeta) disappears out of his car and the whole nomad exit animation is bugged.

"Rent payed" on Vs apartment comes and goes (it is there or not), and doesn't update in Act 2.

Saving the game close to a gang on gang/gang on police encounter and reloading causes the groups not to engage with each other except the audio (they still nag at each other or threaten but just stand there). Reaction from saved npcs has acted better in late patches than now, now it's like 50/50 chance they will react appropriately.

When I take a gang vehicle away from the scene it disappears when I exit it. (happened every time I did it, although those were, like, 5 times tops).

SECOND, the bigger issues I've been having:
. Since the beginning of this playthrough (fresh install, no old saves) I've been having a freeze on the main menu, having to log out of the PS altogether for the game to close with an error. This happens 50 % of the times I load the game. When it happens and the next time it goes well (can happen in succession more than once) there is a prompt saying data is corrupted, but it deletes the corrupted data and it goes on to load the game. If alternatively I go to my system saved data I see the corrupted data and can delete it manually before loading the game. I'll mention here I disabled cloud save, but I don't remember if I did it straight away, in the beginning of the playthrough. What is weird to me is that even though cloud saving is off every time I move the cursor over "continue" it says "loading cloud data" while loading the image of the save file. I checked my cloud saves and confirm they aren't automatically being loaded to the cloud.

. This is the best performance the game has been at but finally, in the middle of act 2, same old starts happening as in earlier patches, although to a less degree: things start getting buggier. Sound issues (combat music coming in late and ending abruptly, floating objects or wrong objects in npcs hands, even one or 2 TPoses, more fps degradation in certain areas,...). It just makes the game less desirable to play after a certain mark. The problem is also, maybe there was a certain point in the game where something went wakky. I identified earlier in the playthrough this happening and went back an hour and realize I avoided some trouble, but the game is so big and sometimes (I feel) these problems will happen gradually or because I'm playing story missions for awhile, these corruptions on the save file aren't identified for a long time and when I realize, the game is bonkers and I don't have a past-enough file to go back to. It's a pity every playthrough I've done ends up this way, careful as I am with certain things (not breaking steps in missions/gigs/blue events, skipping time 24 hours in safe areas, delete autosaves often not to let the game override itself a lot,...).

Top Bottom