1.6 - Iguana egg bowl vanished after save transfer XSX->XO->PC

+
Hello everyone,

I have come across an interesting bug:

I completed a playthrough on 1.5 on Xbox Series X some time ago and obtained an Iguana egg from the Yorinobus suite.
I have successfully placed it in the bowl.

With 1.6, I decided to transfer my save to PC. To do so, I had to use my Xbox One friend. I visited my apartmend in H10, but the bowl was no longer there.
Nevertheless, the save upload was successful.

I then ran 1.6 on PC, downloaded the save, but the Iguana bowl was still not there.

I'm aware that Xbox One and PS4 have this "feature" disabled, but while uploading saves, the game somehow removed my iguana bowl for good.

To summarize: Xbox Series X (bowl was present) -> Xbox One (bowl not visible) -> PC (bowl not visible).

I tried various cheats and scripts, but I think it's some deeper problem.

Has anyone encountered something like this?

Hello everyone,

I have come across an interesting bug:

I completed a playthrough on 1.5 on Xbox Series X some time ago and obtained an Iguana egg from the Yorinobus suite.
I have successfully placed it in the bowl.

With 1.6, I decided to transfer my save to PC. To do so, I had to use my Xbox One friend. I visited my apartmend in H10, but the bowl was no longer there.
Nevertheless, the save upload was successful.

I then ran 1.6 on PC, downloaded the save, but the Iguana bowl was still not there.

I'm aware that Xbox One and PS4 have this "feature" disabled, but while uploading saves, the game somehow removed my iguana bowl for good.

To summarize: Xbox Series X (bowl was present) -> Xbox One (bowl not visible) -> PC (bowl not visible).

I tried various cheats and scripts, but I think it's some deeper problem.

Has anyone encountered something like this?
Pretty sure not too many people tried this, so what I would recommend is sending this as a repro case to Support for them to test. Can use the link below. Select what counts for you until you stumble on a tab that says, "Contact us".

I'm not too familiar with consoles, but if I understand correctly you had transfered your save from next-gen console to old-gen console and then to PC, right? If so then this is probably a correct behaviour as on old-gen the bowl never spawns (you generally can't get iguana on old-gen, some technical limitations), so probably when transfering the save to old-gen the data about the egg and the bowl is removed from the save to make it compatible with older hardware, so it is also not present in a save transfered to PC.

Pretty sure @Czembro has it right.

Last-gen doesn't have access to the iguana hatching. Most likely you ended up disabling it when you got your save on Xbox One. Whatever value "spawns" the bowl was most likely turned off or disappeared completely from your save.

I don't know if you have access to your original Xbox series X save but going from that to PC is probably the easiest way of fixing this.

Thank you all, that is exactly what I feared.

I will give a heads up to CDPR team.
I think there will not be a fix, for the simple reason you have the Xbox One in between the transfers. I guess its on you for having done the chain this way (not meant to offend, just stating its on the players' end here)

Pretty sure @Czembro has it right.

Last-gen doesn't have access to the iguana hatching. Most likely you ended up disabling it when you got your save on Xbox One. Whatever value "spawns" the bowl was most likely turned off or disappeared completely from your save.

I don't know if you have access to your original Xbox series X save but going from that to PC is probably the easiest way of fixing this.
^This

Your best bet, if possible, is to transfer the save file from XBX directly to PC. I'm pretty sure that migrating the save to XB1 removed it.

Top Bottom