1.6/1.61 - Ongoing Bugs List

+
Just clarifying here:
These are the official specs for the game.

If there are ever any additions or changes, they will be updated on the official website. If you're looking at anything else online, there's no guarantee that the information is accurate.

Well, this report will be quite long but I hope you understand what problem I have.

after the update, I started a new game, and then the problems started, but not stupid bugs or no big problems, more performance, which gave me a very big headache, the game at Anytime, but especially after entering the inventory and modify the character, and exit the game simply locks the image, the sound becomes an infinite "Prrrrrr", and I can't in any way exit the game to close it, because sometimes the Flatline that closes the game automatically , unlike the first one that it is necessary to Restart the PC to get back to normal, I tested with the pc status being shown and my gpu and cpu were not even 92% of their usage, thinking that it is a low performance computer, but never I had this problem before this update, the funniest and I did a clean install, I disabled the Cloud (which helped a little, it took a lot longer for the 1st problem to happen), and well I'm thinking, even though I don't have a high knowledge, that this is a conf Drive problem with Nvidia, which is in the last update of my card an RTX 750 TI, it's good if anyone has a way to fix this problem I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, because I really want to be able to play without that every 15 minutes having to restart the pc...

OBS: I don't use any mod, and I disabled the cloud to not conflict with the 1st save I had, but it didn't even fix it.

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.20 GHz
RAM : 16GB
GPU: RTX 750 TI
WINDOWNS 10 PRO V.21H
My processor is slightly better than yours (Core i5 4440), but I have the same setup and have a similar problem, the game would freeze whole PC if I ever tried to grab an item from the ground or use the scan, consistently after prologue, but it would work normally during prologue, I got it fixed by decreasing Cascade Shadow Resolution to low, based on a comment on steam, BUT, now the game crashes every time I exit a menu (Cascade Shadow Resolution on high fixed this issue). It seems that this setting is causing performance spikes for other users, too.

Now, given that CDPR updated the minimun requirement AND the menu exit crash has been around since 1.5 release, I believe they have no intentions of actually fixing this, they'll just bump the requirements to something that does not freeze or crash on spikes, say you don't meet them and carry on.
Funny enough, I had 156h and had finished the game from scratch 3 times before 1.6, now I can't play anymore without using some "method" to downgrade, and, for the foreseeable future, won't be able to.

It's a sad state of affairs...

My processor is slightly better than yours (Core i5 4440), but I have the same setup and have a similar problem, the game would freeze whole PC if I ever tried to grab an item from the ground or use the scan, consistently after prologue, but it would work normally during prologue, I got it fixed by decreasing Cascade Shadow Resolution to low, based on a comment on steam, BUT, now the game crashes every time I exit a menu (Cascade Shadow Resolution on high fixed this issue). It seems that this setting is causing performance spikes for other users, too.

Now, given that CDPR updated the minimun requirement AND the menu exit crash has been around since 1.5 release, I believe they have no intentions of actually fixing this, they'll just bump the requirements to something that does not freeze or crash on spikes, say you don't meet them and carry on.
Funny enough, I had 156h and had finished the game from scratch 3 times before 1.6, now I can't play anymore without using some "method" to downgrade, and, for the foreseeable future, won't be able to.

It's a sad state of affairs...
That is not how it works. Once you sell a product under certain specs, you cannot simply change the minimum specs later in the product's life. The game has and will continue to be supported under the same specs. There may be features added to the game that require higher specs (like higher graphical settings, for example), but the game that has been released so far will run on existing specs.

What you're experiencing is either a bug, perhaps a conflict with drivers, Windows settings, etc. Yes, it appears that 1.6 has introduced some new issues for players. (Wild, I know. A new patch is released and there are issues. So shockingly unusual.)

The process is unchanged. If you can reliably re-create the issue, provide your specs, the steps to create the crash, and send it in to CDPR Support.

That is not how it works. Once you sell a product under certain specs, you cannot simply change the minimum specs later in the product's life. The game has and will continue to be supported under the same specs. There may be features added to the game that require higher specs (like higher graphical settings, for example), but the game that has been released so far will run on existing specs.

What you're experiencing is either a bug, perhaps a conflict with drivers, Windows settings, etc. Yes, it appears that 1.6 has introduced some new issues for players. (Wild, I know. A new patch is released and there are issues. So shockingly unusual.)

The process is unchanged. If you can reliably re-create the issue, provide your specs, the steps to create the crash, and send it in to CDPR Support.
Did just that, for I can, as a matter of fact, reliably re-create the issue, I posted my dxdiag too, can't post save because save is gone, was deleted when I raged after reading the new minimum... I know it is a bug, I'm certain of it, because the game is otherwise completely playable, in fact, after 1.6 rolled, FPS got more stable than before, specially during explosions, that used to drop my FPS all the way to single digits, now it consistently fluctuates around 20 during explosions, and stays at a healthy 26 to 30 any other time, so that's a big improvement, and, also, I had over 150 hours into the game before 1.6, finished it too, 3 times,
Still, you provided a link for the official specs and that page states the minimum was changed, so there's that.

My specs:
Intel Core i5 4440 3.1GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
16GB DDR3 RAM 800MHz
SSD Kingston SA400 480GB

And, as I've said, the exit menu crash is not something new to 1.6, it's been around for months, in fact, since 1.5 was first deployed, I'd be surprised if no one reported it, it's not that uncommon, so adding this to that change, and the fact that the help page states you need the bare minimum, even if I've done everything said there, the only logical conclusion is that there is no compromise to actually fix this bug, since, as I've said, setting Cascade Shadow Resolution to high "fixes" it, at least for some folk, like me. I'll not claim to know what the devs think, that's just a logical conclusion to the matter at hand. What IS new is the VGA spikes that I heard about, and probably the main reason for the freeze, since I imagine the VGA overheats, the driver crashes and everything falls apart. But that's just conjecture...

Did just that, for I can, as a matter of fact, reliably re-create the issue, I posted my dxdiag too, can't post save because save is gone, was deleted when I raged after reading the new minimum... I know it is a bug, I'm certain of it, because the game is otherwise completely playable, in fact, after 1.6 rolled, FPS got more stable than before, specially during explosions, that used to drop my FPS all the way to single digits, now it consistently fluctuates around 20 during explosions, and stays at a healthy 26 to 30 any other time, so that's a big improvement, and, also, I had over 150 hours into the game before 1.6, finished it too, 3 times,
Still, you provided a link for the official specs and that page states the minimum was changed, so there's that.

My specs:
Intel Core i5 4440 3.1GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
16GB DDR3 RAM 800MHz
SSD Kingston SA400 480GB

And, as I've said, the exit menu crash is not something new to 1.6, it's been around for months, in fact, since 1.5 was first deployed, I'd be surprised if no one reported it, it's not that uncommon, so adding this to that change, and the fact that the help page states you need the bare minimum, even if I've done everything said there, the only logical conclusion is that there is no compromise to actually fix this bug, since, as I've said, setting Cascade Shadow Resolution to high "fixes" it, at least for some folk, like me. I'll not claim to know what the devs think, that's just a logical conclusion to the matter at hand. What IS new is the VGA spikes that I heard about, and probably the main reason for the freeze, since I imagine the VGA overheats, the driver crashes and everything falls apart. But that's just conjecture...
There seems to be a lot of confusion in this post.

1.) What "new minimum" are your referring to? The required specs for the game were updated in Feb. 2022 because Nvidia stopped their driver support for the 600 and 700 series cards. A studio cannot continue to support hardware that doesn't have drivers written for current operating systems. The new specs reflect what should provide stable performance based on the current build of the game, though the game should continue to function on the GTX 780 or higher. (You're GPU doesn't meet the original required specs, so yes, you should expect that performance will suffer.)

2.) The problem is not solely because of your specs. There are people running an RTX 3090 ti that watch their framerates tank with the latest patch. It's an issue with certain PC configs, as stated, and until the problem is identified, it will continue to be an issue. But, just like all of the other performance issues the game suffered from have been improved over time, so, too, will this one.

3.) I've seen only a few reports of the game crashing due to menus. These types of errors are normally the result of a modded game conflicting with an update, aggressive anti-virus and the like, or a Windows issue (like the game being installed on a protected directory). I can use menus and exit the game without any crashes at all.

4.) What is a "VGA spike"? Are you referring FPS slowdown, or something else? If running the game on hardware below minimum specs, this is an issue, as GPUs will automatically throttle and then shut down to avoid overheating. In your situation, you're running the game on hardware that was below original required specs. I would strongly recommend not continuing to do so if you believe the GPU is crashing to protect itself.

Due to the nature of 1.6 (especially for installations and playthroughs that have been through several updates), it may be necessary to follow these steps:

a.) Return all graphical settings to default via the main menu. Exit the game, and restart, applying graphical settings to preference again. The graphical levels that define Low, Medium, High, Very High, etc. were rebalanced with this patch. There could be weirdness as a result.

b.) The game may require a CLEAN re-installation if problems persist. Be sure to follow these steps to the letter.

For issues that persist, players should contact CDPR Support directly.

I'm sorry but there isn't much that can be done to help you. Your PC just doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game. I'm surprised you could play at all before the update.

I assume you mean that your GPU is a GTX 750 TI because there is no such thing as an RTX 750. The minimum required for CP2077 (the revised ones) is a GTX780 GTX 970. Unless you mean a Radeon RX 3750? Would need some clarification on this. Still, there is also the issue of your CPU... Which is also well below the minimum required. If this patch has hurt your performance, chances are nothing will help except maybe the next patch.
More speaking like that, was the game supposed to warn me that I would have performance problems?, which in this case I don't have the game simply to, along with the entire pc, it not only closes the game, it stops the entire computer, the which makes me think it wouldn't be about performance, because there are times when it doesn't even go 80%, the game literally just stops,
stopping more or less every time after the moment I enter the inventory/map/skills and etc... and this is what I find bizarre

More speaking like that, was the game supposed to warn me that I would have performance problems?, which in this case I don't have the game simply to, along with the entire pc, it not only closes the game, it stops the entire computer, the which makes me think it wouldn't be about performance, because there are times when it doesn't even go 80%, the game literally just stops,
stopping more or less every time after the moment I enter the inventory/map/skills and etc... and this is what I find bizarre
From what I know, in most of case, since 1.6, when players experiment crashes when open inventory/map or any menu tabs, it was due to a "Reshad" mod (clean-install of the game to remove any mod datas generally fix it).
Then I'm not an expert (even far to be one^^), but if the game "overload" your GPU/CPU/RAM, it won't affect only the game, but everything which is currently running on your computer, the OS (Windows) included... which can lead to stop the entire computer.
More speaking like that, was the game supposed to warn me that I would have performance problems?
Requirements are noticed on CDPR Cyberpunk official website and in the description of the game on each platform/store (so if you're below the "minimum", well... You can expect performance issues, even being totally unable to play).

There seems to be a lot of confusion in this post.

1.) What "new minimum" are your referring to? The required specs for the game were updated in Feb. 2022 because Nvidia stopped their driver support for the 600 and 700 series cards. A studio cannot continue to support hardware that doesn't have drivers written for current operating systems. The new specs reflect what should provide stable performance based on the current build of the game, though the game should continue to function on the GTX 780 or higher. (You're GPU doesn't meet the original required specs, so yes, you should expect that performance will suffer.)

2.) The problem is not solely because of your specs. There are people running an RTX 3090 ti that watch their framerates tank with the latest patch. It's an issue with certain PC configs, as stated, and until the problem is identified, it will continue to be an issue. But, just like all of the other performance issues the game suffered from have been improved over time, so, too, will this one.

3.) I've seen only a few reports of the game crashing due to menus. These types of errors are normally the result of a modded game conflicting with an update, aggressive anti-virus and the like, or a Windows issue (like the game being installed on a protected directory). I can use menus and exit the game without any crashes at all.

4.) What is a "VGA spike"? Are you referring FPS slowdown, or something else? If running the game on hardware below minimum specs, this is an issue, as GPUs will automatically throttle and then shut down to avoid overheating. In your situation, you're running the game on hardware that was below original required specs. I would strongly recommend not continuing to do so if you believe the GPU is crashing to protect itself.

Due to the nature of 1.6 (especially for installations and playthroughs that have been through several updates), it may be necessary to follow these steps:

a.) Return all graphical settings to default via the main menu. Exit the game, and restart, applying graphical settings to preference again. The graphical levels that define Low, Medium, High, Very High, etc. were rebalanced with this patch. There could be weirdness as a result.

b.) The game may require a CLEAN re-installation if problems persist. Be sure to follow these steps to the letter.

For issues that persist, players should contact CDPR Support directly.
It goes something like this: you only have a problem if it's a problem for people that pass the bare minimum, if it's a problem for people bellow minimum, that's their problem, they chose to play at their own risk, but there is no freeze for those who pass the bare minimum, the lag spikes are within "good enough" margin, the game does not crash and the system is fine, and the bare minimum is enough to keep Cascade Shadow Resolution at high, which fixes the other bug (prevents menu exit crash), so, effectively, there is no problem, so there is nothing to fix.

The spikes I'm talking about are lag spikes, or GPU usage spikes, but I've only read about it online, seems to be the new trendy bug, and, probably, the cause of the freeze, but I can't tell you for sure, no way to measure data when the system is completely frozen.

My installation was new, fresh off Steam download, no mods, no edits, new save file, new config files, done all those, to the letter. And again, I expected poor performance, and 1.6 did not worsen it, in fact, it improved, slightly so, but still, I'll take what I can get, 1.6 only introduced a system freeze, which is "fixeable", but causes a game crash, so all in all, no longer playable.

Ah, no matter. I regret nothing. Thanks for the discussion, it did set my mind at ease, even if I'll have to cope with not playing anymore.

It doesn't fixed my problem. Though it's fine, I'm gonna move on and play my 3rd playthrough with a different build.
Ok :(
I suggest to send a ticket to the support anyway (including this save file). At least to help CDPR to figure out why you encountered this issue.

Start logo crashed

Good day everyone.

Suddenly faced with the problem of obesity. After the 1.6 update, I completely went through and there were no problems with any games.
After I decided to start over. Created a character, pressed start and knocked out the game.
Now the game crashes at startup at the time of the logo.

I reinstalled nvidia driver 516.94 and visual c++, Verify files.

Win 11, i-5 7500, 16 RAM, 1660Ti, SSD M2, EGS game 1.6

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Support helped: 1. Remove next folders: REDEngine in: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ CD Projekt Red in: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
2. Reverse the integrity of the files in Epic Games: Find Cyberpunk 2077 in the Library and click on three dots. Click Verify in the list. Check the docks to end the re-verification.

Last edited:
Effectively, I didn't pay attention but I don't have the "quest item" tab too :(
But all the items can be found in the "All items" one, in particular the Militech datas/credits shard (started in 1.6, I was able to retrieve eddies which was on the shard. But it require that you removed the malware on it).
I came to see if something like had been posted since I just finished that Pickup quest and I simply can't find the data shard. I hacked successfully like I always do but as I was trying to cash it in after the quest, the shard simply isn't in my inventory at all. I literally checked every item in my inventory.
It's not a massive issue if I can't cash it in but 10k eddies would still be nice to get.

Maybe next time I'll leave it unhacked until the quest is done and only then hack it to see if it makes any difference.

Well, @LeKill3rFou already said most of what I'd say.

The simple is truth is that you were warned. The game's minimum requirements are above your PC's specs. Even the requirements from before the Feb update.

Those same minimum specs are on every storefront or game boxes (are there still boxed PC games?). You never met those requirements. It's amazing you could play at all.

You're not asking your PC to push itself to it's limits. You're asking it to go above and beyond. Not meeting the minimum requirements can have all kinds of effects including, yes, freezing/shutting down your computer entirely.

I know it sucks to hear that but it's always been a fact of PC gaming. You are not only below the minimum requirements, you are well below them. Again, it's amazing you managed to play at all.

I came to see if something like had been posted since I just finished that Pickup quest and I simply can't find the data shard. I hacked successfully like I always do but as I was trying to cash it in after the quest, the shard simply isn't in my inventory at all. I literally checked every item in my inventory.
It's not a massive issue if I can't cash it in but 10k eddies would still be nice to get.

Maybe next time I'll leave it unhacked until the quest is done and only then hack it to see if it makes any difference.
Weird, but I noticed that I had two version in my inventory.
On my last "test" about Meredith during the Pickup - Corpo 1.6 (and as you can see have have two versions... But I was able to download eddies from the one which have "Malware removed" on the description).

Well, @LeKill3rFou already said most of what I'd say.

The simple is truth is that you were warned. The game's minimum requirements are above your PC's specs. Even the requirements from before the Feb update.

Those same minimum specs are on every storefront or game boxes (are there still boxed PC games?). You never met those requirements. It's amazing you could play at all.

You're not asking your PC to push itself to it's limits. You're asking it to go above and beyond. Not meeting the minimum requirements can have all kinds of effects including, yes, freezing/shutting down your computer entirely.

I know it sucks to hear that but it's always been a fact of PC gaming. You are not only below the minimum requirements, you are well below them. Again, it's amazing you managed to play at all.
I know it's somewhat unrelated, but the actual minimum to play the game is much, much lower than what they have. How so? Minimum from CDPR is for "low settings and 1080p gaming", but, the game can actually go lower than low settings, the low preset includes medium textures and some medium settings, and it also can go as low as half of 720p internal resolution, which is pretty damn blurry, but it would result in over 100fps gameplay with less than 90% GPU usage. So there's that. They aren't asking for their PC to go above and beyond, their specs are good enough to play the game with some mayonese splashed over the screen, but damn, for poor people like me, that's more than enough.

Still, there's truth in what you said... CDPR, probably, won't move a muscle about it because it's bellow their set of minimum required, so in the end it's the same either way.

I know it's somewhat unrelated, but the actual minimum to play the game is much, much lower than what they have. How so? Minimum from CDPR is for "low settings and 1080p gaming", but, the game can actually go lower than low settings, the low preset includes medium textures and some medium settings, and it also can go as low as half of 720p internal resolution, which is pretty damn blurry, but it would result in over 100fps gameplay with less than 90% GPU usage. So there's that. They aren't asking for their PC to go above and beyond, their specs are good enough to play the game with some mayonese splashed over the screen, but damn, for poor people like me, that's more than enough.
Again not an expert, but graphics are not the only thing to take in account. The game don't have any loading screen (or almost), so everything have to be load/unload on fly. It's a very "demanding" game. So just lower the graphics is probably not THE solution to be able to play when you don't reach the requirements.

Not exactly accurate.

Minimum as stated by CDPR or any company is a "that's the minimum we tested at, anything below that - we do not guarantee anything". Meaning playing with hardware that's below the minimum requirement is very much a "you've been warned, you're on your own" moment.

Even with games with no specification of any resolution of graphics settings you can force lower graphical options. Doesn't mean the minimal requirements are actually below that just because you can push it lower.

Top Bottom