1.60 and not 1.62 on ps4 pro .

+
Just ( 2 weeks ) Bought the game for ps4 pro and I love it but the version that I see on my screen is 1.60 and not 1.62 .
When I try to do a update through ps4 latest update it says " you have already the latest version " .
Any idea ?

It could be that the patch is not yet available in your country yet. If that's not the reason, I'm running out of ideas. Hm, does your console have the latest firmware update ? Sometimes not enough free space on the hard drive can prevent updates from happening.

You can also reach out to CDPR support here:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

It could be that the patch is not yet available in your country yet. If that's not the reason, I'm running out of ideas. Hm, does your console have the latest firmware update ? Sometimes not enough free space on the hard drive can prevent updates from happening.

You can also reach out to CDPR support here:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support
Hallo Devivre ,
Thanks for replaying to my question .
Sins when came the new update out ?
Have the latest frimware update and also GB of space free on my ps4 pro ( 867 GB ) .
By the way I'm from Belgium .
Greets svenvangent .

Okay, then you really should be up to date.

The reason why you only see v1.60 might also be that 1.62 is just a hotfix for 1.60.
You can also check out the updates history (in you ps4 menu go to witcher 3 press options button and check out the update history). It's probably all as it should be,

Aaaaaw I bought my good old Witcher 3 GOTY yesternight for the new PlayStation Pro.
Now the only thing missing is a steelbook - Silver for Monsters, and Steelbook for Humans ;)
It`s fine and allright with the patch number, it`s just the main menu saying "Version 1.60" but it is version 1.62:

39098046_409878539536846_7648550401498677248_o.jpg

39124678_409885496202817_7183170860818104320_o.jpg

But all Updates are installed:

39145580_409878402870193_3379786872770265088_o.jpg

By the way: Could you please enhance the rendering distance for the trees even more, and give a 20 FPS 1080p option with all graphics details, visibility and trees & vegetation & shadow rendering distances ultra-mega-giga-maxed out for the real graphics quality fetishists out there? :)
That would be awesome! I don`t like the blurry low detail bitmap trees on the PlayStation Pro after having enjoyed Witcher 3 for two years on PC. Some nice fog in the landscape and more distance tree details and higher rendering visibility would be superb.
It`s a PlayStation Pro, that thing has ten times the rendering power my old Laptop had in the year 2015 with the old Radeon 290 with megaslow A10 4-core-CPU, and I could play everything maxed-out on ultra with countless mods back than.

Try it via USB

How do you mean "Try it via USB"?!?
Can someone please offer a solution for a 1.60 stuck update issue, it is 2020 and the BUG is still present after more than I year. It is really a shame it is not fixed yet! I bought the game in 2018 via UK PS store, I installed it again after a year on my PS4 Pro and when I started the game I realized that tv info showed rendering resolution as 1080p. I instantly noticed that something is weird and that game looks really blurry. I rechecked the PS4 settings that showed displays are set to 4k. in the end, I realized the game is installed as version 1.60 (that is shown in the game menu). But if I check game options in the PS4 menu I get the info that the game is updated to 1.62. Also, there is NO OPTION in-game settings menu to change performance and 4K mode.

And just to confirm before someone starts bothering me with some basic suggestions... YES, there was 130+ GB of available space before install. The game is purchased via UK ps store. Yes, I tried to reinstall game clean, I even deleted all of my save files... And after a second install game still works only in 1080p, without options to switch 4k and performance mode, and it shows 1.60 in the main game menu!

Last edited:
Did you manage to play other games in 4k? If not, make sure that you are using a 4K HDMI cable.

Did you manage to play other games in 4k? If not, make sure that you are using a 4K HDMI cable.

Thanks for trying to help, but as I tried to explain... Please avoid basic instructions and stuff. I have 200+ game and I am playing my PS4 pro on 4k HDR tv for more than 2 years. As I said the resolution is set as 2160P - YUV420. In the meantime, I played God of war and other games in 4K mode, so the cable is not the problem. There is an obvious bug with game installation!
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for trying to help, but as I tried to explain... Please avoid basic instructions and stuff. I have 200+ game and I am playing my PS4 pro on 4k HDR tv for more than 2 years. As I said the resolution is set as 2160P - YUV420. In the meantime, I played God of war and other games in 4K mode, so the cable is not the problem. There is an obvious bug with game installation!

And just to add why I emphasized to avoid basics. I explained in my main post that I identified the problem. Game shows in the game menu it is set to 1.60, also there are no options in the game settings to switch between performance and 4K mode. And in the PS4 game options menu (game>options button>info about the updates) it shows that updates are installed including 1.61 and 1.62. That is a clear bug with the game installation, nothing to do with my cable, tv or anything else...
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Sorry, but I had to ask as it wasn‘t clear from your explanation, if you had already tried other 4k games.

Anyhow, it‘s best to reach out to CDPR support here:

(click on Contact Us to send a ticket)

Sorry, but I had to ask as it wasn‘t clear from your explanation, if you had already tried other 4k games.

Anyhow, it‘s best to reach out to CDPR support here:

(click on Contact Us to send a ticket)
Thanks, I sent them a message. I hope someone will fix it soon.

Top Bottom