1.61 PS4 Pro Geralt's hair turning black in caves.

+
1.61 PS4 Pro Geralt's hair turning black in caves.

Geralts hair is turning dark inside caves. Not sure if its all caves. Happened in Ice troll cave on Undvik island. Tried uploading photo. Would not work.

This is unfortunately still an issue with the latest "1.63" hotfix for PS4Pro & 4K TV's. I got feedback recently that they'll "look into these issues", however no future patches are planned anymore, so I'm not sure if this will get fixed.

Flapjackers;n10953980 said:
This is unfortunately still an issue with the latest "1.63" hotfix for PS4Pro & 4K TV's. I got feedback recently that they'll "look into these issues", however no future patches are planned anymore, so I'm not sure if this will get fixed.

Sad. Is this bug valid in 1080p mode too?

Zsolt86;n10956326 said:
Sad. Is this bug valid in 1080p mode too?

As far as i know, on 1080p that problem does not occur.

Geralts hair stays white. Didn't tested on all Caves though.

I have the same problem. i'm playing on ps4 pro with 4k hdr or without hdr - no difference. Hairs in caves sometimes turning black, brown, GREEN, PURPLE, YELLOW. It looks worse than Henry's Cavill wig.

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it, other than sending a ticket to support (as was mentioned before).

I just wrote a bug report to support. I hope that would help. By the way, the shadows in caves works wrong. There is so much light in there. The potion "Cat" and torchlight become useless. I took two screenshots of Est Tayiar location for comparison. Unfortunately, only two screenshots can be sent to support.
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• Велен_3.jpg
    Велен_3.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 5,866
  • Велен_8.jpg
    Велен_8.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 380
  • Деревня Вересковка.jpg
    Деревня Вересковка.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 3,068
  • Велен_1.jpg
    Велен_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • Эст Тайяр.jpg
    Эст Тайяр.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Велен_2.jpg
    Велен_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,263
  • Велен_6.jpg
    Велен_6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,209
  • Велен_10.jpg
    Велен_10.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 370
  • Велен_12.jpg
    Велен_12.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
No comment.

Very often, lower level resolutions cannot manage color gradations as well as higher resolutions. Not enough pixels on screen for the software to do its rendering efficiently. Levels of gradation my be lost, and the image will be higher in overall gamma and may appear washed out.

As for the hair changing colors...yee... :oops:... That's not the first time I've seen that, but I don't remember anyone talking about yellow or purple before. That's...interesting. Here's my guess: reflected light. The hair is orange in the pics because it's picking up warm light from a source somewhere nearby. Torch or candle or something. Maybe sunset light through a window / hole? Same with the caves, it seems to be reflecting the lack of light, if that makes sense: rather than not being lit...it's reflecting the surrounding darkness. So it seems like it might be an issue with the shaders of the hair textures.

Your game does seem a bit washed-out. That's mostly a matter of the color settings on your TV or monitor. The gamma is pretty high, from what I can see.

Top Bottom