1.62 Pyramid Song mission - System Crash at various stages after the elevator scene.

+
Pyramid Song mission on version 1.62. No mods installed whatsoever. I'm on Windows 10, playing the game from Steam.

Playing as Male V with Female voice.

After the elevator scene, there were a number of points where my computer will freeze. I know it's a freeze because of the repeating sound it makes. I was not able to Alt-Out of the game. I had to manually force-restart my computer.

One of the points it crashed was when I chose the "Why are you showing me this?" option. Tried choosing this option 3 times, crashes 3 times.

Then I simply chose "Let's get moving". The scene was able to progress. Hurray I thought to myself. That finally solved the crash issue I thought to myself. But nah. A few seconds swimming while there was no dialogue option, and it crashed again!

Anyone else encountering this system freeze at this scene? I'm not sure if this is related to the insta-death bug but the issues reported were before the elevator scenes.

Looks like I have to skip this mission entirely on this playthrough. *Sigh*
PyramidSongSystemCrash.png

Post automatically merged:

Update: So I noticed that there was an autosave just right before the last system crash. And I tried loading that one...

And what do you know... the scene was able to progress normally. Though the few seconds in, the game automatically lose focus (it minimized, showing my desktop screen instead). I think in that subtle way, this indicated that there is still a null reference game-breaking error at this point. But somehow a data in the auto-save file prevented it from totally crashing again.

*sigh* of relief now.

Putting this up in case anyone encounters this too.

Note though that this is my 5th COMPLETE playthrough, and this is the first time I encountered such a dramatic crash. After 3 years... how do CDPR manage bug-fixing at this point? Oh well.

Last edited:
What version of 1.62? Latest patch?
Interesting, first report of anybody able to play the mission. Usually you just flatline at the start of the dive. No crash though.

Update: So I noticed that there was an autosave just right before the last system crash. And I tried loading that one...

And what do you know... the scene was able to progress normally.
This sounds a lot like an issue way back in 1.1, or 1.2 (not sure), with the mission with Johnny, where the media guy had to open the door, but wouldn't open. You had to use the second auto-save for it to progress.

CDPR might be interested in this feedback. If you say that there are no mods involved, consider to file a bug-report.
Can use the link below.

Just select what counts for you, until you stumble on a tab that says: "Contact us".

Top Bottom