1.62 update pyramid song bug pc

+
I am attempting to do pyramid song and while i am following Judy as soon as a reach a certain depth I immediately flatline. Several people had the same problem I had. without any mods installed. apparently it started after the update.

I am attempting to do pyramid song and while i am following Judy as soon as a reach a certain depth I immediately flatline. Several people had the same problem I had. without any mods installed. apparently it started after the update.
Same here. Were you able to complete Panam's With A Little Help From My Friends quest? My game crashes the moment I arrive at the train station.
Post automatically merged:

So I have 1.61 installed now and I tried my own save again and it still did this. Then I tried someone else's save that I got on Nexus and it worked. I managed to go as far as where Judy does the sync thing. I didn't try going deeper because it made it further than where the flatline section was so I guess my save is messed up thanks to the 1.62 hotfix. Ugh I'm just going to start the game from the beginning with 1.61 and hope for the best.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have no mods installed yet.

Last edited:
guys, I managed to pass using some mods. take a look at this post

Ackerley7 on reddit:
SimpleMenu mod + God Mode + FreeFly (Noclip) mod

Managed to do it with the SimpleMenu mod "God Mode" option, I took around 40 000 damage but it was not enough to kill me as regen procs at the same pace. Used the teleport just underneath the "elevator" part and waited for Judy's dialogue.

I'll give you my Teleport Coordinates, you'll have to put them into [GameRootFolder]\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods\simplemenu\config\config.json.

In the "functions" part, add this :

"savedPositionX": 1157.8771972656,

"savedPositionY": -3422.3010253906,

"savedPositionZ": 164.91680908203,

The process now is :

Get into the water, remain to the surface (you can follow her as long as you remain to the surface), whenever she stops at the elevator, activate GodMode on SimpleMenu (Player > God Mode) and use Move to Saved Location in the Misc > Teleport part. Right after you click the teleport, close CyberEngineTweak and you might be good to continue. You'll take damage during that phase but you'll always heal back up to 78 230 hp so you are fine with that, don't panic.

(Be very careful to not go too far up in the water else you'll die and you'll have to do that again)

Made a quick video of the workaround here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/12orihp

Last edited:
Encountered the same issue and never had that happen before 1.62. I replay the game a lot because i enjoy it and love to take pictures, but this is the first time i actually encounter a bug which stalls quests progression.
It seems like the game doesnt recognize that u are wearing the diving suit and u essentially just drown (my health bar doesnt go slowly down tho, I literally just go into the flatline animation at a certain depth without taking any damage beforehand) <- which makes me think there might be just an invisible deathwall in the water between survace and the street/elevator.

Seeing it also happens on consoles its hard to believe its a mod issue.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, if there continue to be progression issues it's best to report it to CDPR support:

(click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket - the same article can be found for other platforms as well)

But in some cases it can also help to reload a save game before starting the quest. Doing things in a different order can also help in sometimes, as it's often tricky to say what causes a buggy situation.

From what i could gather so far on different platforms (steam, discord, reddit and the likes) this issue seems to appear if u started a new game in 1.62 OR got that particular mission (Judys call for Pyramid Song) after the update to 1.62.

Last edited:
Seeing it also happens on consoles its hard to believe its a mod issue.
From what i could gather so far on different platforms (discord, reddit and the likes) this issue seems to appear if u started a new game in 1.62 OR got that particular mission (Judys call for Pyramid Song) after the update to 1.62.
So it can't happen on consoles and it's only on PC ;)
(All the consoles (PS and Xbox) stay in 1.61)

So it can't happen on consoles and it's only on PC ;)
(All the consoles (PS and Xbox) stay in 1.61)
Yeah, i actually went back tru all the posts with the same bug on all possible platforms and must have missread that someone on console mentioned to have that bug. (i believe it mixed it up with the face texture missing aka black face bug which goes on on consoles at the moment too)
So an oopsie on my side. Still doesnt change anything on the fact that a larger amount of peeps (growing every day now because they reach that point in the game while being on 1.62) encounter this bug and its highly unlikely all of them have mods OR the same mod setup installed.

Last edited:
So an oopsie on my side. Still doesnt change anything on the fact that a larger amount of peeps (growing every day now because they reach that point in the game while being on 1.62) encounter this bug and its highly unlikely all of them have mods OR the same mod setup installed.
Yep, but it's till a possibility :)
If it's due to CET for example, you can be sure that every single players who use or used mods (so quite a bunch I guess^^) could encounter this issue at some point...
Anyway, if it's the game, CDPR will fix it in the next update and if it's due mods, they won't (indeed).

Edit : I remember an issue at time, where the game always crashes for many players (I mean a bunch^^) when talking to Jackie outside the Afterlife before the Heist. Many reported it (and complain about it indeed), but at the end it was only due to one of the CET option.

Edit : I remember an issue at time, where the game always crashes for many players (I mean a bunch^^) when talking to Jackie outside the Afterlife before the Heist. Many reported it (and complain about it indeed), but at the end it was only due to one of the CET option.

Thats the usual behaviour i know that mods do too. Make the game clean crash.
I havent encountered in my many playthroughs and many many used mods any time where i get the ingame flatline message with the option to restart a checkpoint or reload an earlier save.
My knowledge about coding is limited too and my monkey brain kinda just goes like (why dont they just remove the invisible kill wall in the water or the somewhere ticked on/off requirement to wear the diving suit?) Especially seeing that Pyramid Song had issue from the beginning. I remember moments where Judy was disappearing once she reached the church under water or was teleporting under the floor. Never had that issue myself, but def remember seeing plenty of posts about it. (and played fully vanilla/no mods back in the day)

That being said, regardless if it is vanilla or a mod issue i guess at the moment we can just wait for either a patch or someone of the mod communities of these mods which are used by a large % of pc players to figure out the issue and fix it.
Post automatically merged:

Edit: So i actually did some testing and used CET to port myself to the elevator as soon as Judy reached it. I still got a good chunk of constant damage, but my health regen could mostly fight it off... So with some sweating and a ruined mood i got tru the chat there with her about the song and the likes and than the elevator started to descent and once we reached the bottom the damage disappeared.
Besides of this i noticed a few odd things. When i put on the diving suit the first time right out of the box it was one without breathing mask and white rarity. Doubt the rarity matters, but it helped me see something "odd" happening this is why i mention it.
Once i jumped into the water and stayed at the surface to not get insta killed again it changed to a blue rarity suit WITH breathing mask. I than used CET to port to Judy at the elevator and the moment we reached the bottom and the damage stopped the suit with the breathing mask had changed AGAIN to one of a purple rarity.

So for whatever reason the game gave me 3 different suits in that whole sequence. One without mask when putting it on. Than 2 with mask before and while reaching the bottom of Laguna Bend.

Last edited:
So for whatever reason the game gave me 3 different suits in that whole sequence. One without mask when putting it one. Than 2 with mask before/while reaching the bottom of Laguna Bend.
i wonder why?… o_O - seems like it’s heavily complicated scripted…

i wonder why?… o_O - seems like it’s heavily complicated scripted…

I really dont get it myself. Like i said, in my many playthroughs i never had that issue and i havent massively changed anything on my mods either.
Someone on the temporary Youtube fix said CDPR seems to currently blame mods for the issue. (even when i found comments of peeps saying they dont use any mods at all and still have the same issue in 1.62)

I myself havent gotten an answer to my tickets yet and usually if a mod causes issues i personally get that clean CTD moment than and not a basic game mechanic flatline "death" which makes me restart from the last checkpoint or save.
But that comment suggested that they are at least aware about the issue and hopefully either way can figure it out or they can get us a pointer which mod causes it so we can tell the mod maker to have a look into it. (considering the peeps sending in the tickets are asked about their installed mods and they can maybe pinpoint which mods the affected peeps have in common.)

Last edited:
Just happened to me Pyramid Song dive , Flatlined when starting getting deep before elevator ..

Weird cause this never happened before , Tried it With Mods and without Mods two different game play to check if it was Mods causing it but nope ,
The game Flatlines 3 times with Mods , and new game without Mods Flatlined 4 times in the exact same spot ..

Have some friends that went back to game version 1.61 and didn't had the issue but as soon they updated to the latest 1.62 the game flatlined in that spot !

Please do not tell me to go to game support any more, please fix the issue its not Mod related but latest patch related !

Thanks

The game Flatlines 3 times with Mods , and new game without Mods Flatlined 4 times in the exact same spot ..
Just to know, when you say "without mods" it's obviously after performing a clean install of the game (the only way to get rid of all mods datas/issues) and with a save on which no mods have ever been activated (mods datas/issues can remain in save files too) ?

Yes clean install , When I say without Mods in my case I delete files and make always a file check on steam so files are correctly updated to original file , but apart from that The mods I use , are installed after back ups made to the folders and files that mods would change , so in most cases I simply change Game files with original folder and files backup I keep ..

Hope that clarifies , once again I know what I am doing ,not new to this , and Game flatlines without and with Mods in the exact same point in that dive ..

Hope that clarifies , once again I know what I am doing ,not new to this , and Game flatlines without and with Mods in the exact same point in that dive ..
I just ask because it wouldn't be the first time that people "claim" on the forum to have tried without mods (without any intention of "lying"), while it's not really the case. They obviously removed/reinstalled the "main game" folder, but didn't manually removed the other game folders (or still playing on a save on which mods were active at some point) :
Cyberpunk 2077, REDEngine and CD Projekt Red folders >
%userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\

Then as far as I know, CDPR generally don't/didn't "blame" mods when it's not the case. Just look few weeks ago when the game crash during the endings. They quickly acquiesced and answer to ll reports that they're looking into the issue.

Same issue here.
Has anybody got it working with latest patch (without the workarounds above) ?

I'd like to also report that I have this same issue on the current version of the game. Diving at certain depth flatlines you, I tried using a trainer for invulnerability and the second V grabs the device to go deeper, flatlines occur even with invulnerability

Top Bottom