1.7 getting real close?

+
I agree with the general sentiment. I would expect 1.7 to serve as the harbinger for the DLC release but i think that March is a pretty generous estimate. I don't think it will drop until close to the end of 1Q, so my guess would be April / May time frame.

Does anyone think it's kinda weird though that we don't have a offical release date yet besides the vague this year? Hell, we still don't have a price point for the expansion yet.

Does anyone think it's kinda weird though that we don't have a offical release date yet besides the vague this year? Hell, we still don't have a price point for the expansion yet.
No. They're clearly very wary of cocking up once again. Near every player who has long term interest in this game, such as myself - while remaining grateful for the improvements, will be going through every claim and realization with a fine tooth comb.

Not really no. Do we really need to go over the history again and explain why they're careful about that sort of info?

Maybe weird wasn't the right choice of words, but it's just Destiny 2 Lightfall we know that's coming out in Feb 28th. and that's a Q1 release date. We knew that since last year.

Maybe weird wasn't the right choice of words, but it's just Destiny 2 Lightfall we know that's coming out in Feb 28th. and that's a Q1 release date. We knew that since last year.
Tbh i would rather see them go: Ok guys we finished PL we are releasing it tomorrow heres a trailer without any embelisments! Doubt it will happend but atleast it would not build any false hype.

Well, it's still semi normal at this point.

Once your release date is out there, it's largely set in stone. Any delay is going to be a problem under normal circumstances but it's not normal circumstances. It's following a game that was delayed 3 times and still launched in a pretty bad shape. They can't have that happen again. If they say X date and then have to push it back, it'll automatically conjure memories of CP2077's launch and people will go full doom and gloom and they can't have that. Whenever they announce it, it's because the date is absolutely certain and it will most likely be very close to release as that is usually the point where they can be certain.

My guess is that even the quarter isn't entirely certain at this point. They are probably aiming for a Q1 but most likely late Q1 that could end up being early Q2.

Ultimately, they're doing the right thing by keeping it under wraps until they can absolutely deliver.

:ok:COMING: WHEN IT'S READY :ok:

They should never have abandoned that idea. To prevent the expansion from breaking the game and again CDPR be all over the news with: CDPR keeps breaking the game with every update and thousands of new videos are created discrediting the expansion. They should do an important test so that it comes out as stable as possible.

They must give us a quality product because we are going to pay and the fans deserve a great job, we like what you do and we want more and better!!!! It will also be the best way to regain prestige.

News about an approximate date could be very good if the development is quite advanced, otherwise silence is the best ally.

It was initially announced as Q1 and then at some point it went to "in 2023" which basically says that it wont be in Q1.

Difference between CP2077 main game and expansion is that they dont really have deadlines to meet to I~m pretty sure that developers will have final word this time. After all they have to make 1.7 - test it and then think about giving any specific date.

It was initially announced as Q1 and then at some point it went to "in 2023" which basically says that it wont be in Q1.

Difference between CP2077 main game and expansion is that they dont really have deadlines to meet to I~m pretty sure that developers will have final word this time. After all they have to make 1.7 - test it and then think about giving any specific date.

Just wondering, when have they ever offically stated Q1? All they have said offically is 2023 (to my knowledge), and it's in the "final stages of production."

Just wondering, when have they ever offically stated Q1? All they have said offically is 2023 (to my knowledge), and it's in the "final stages of production."
That is correct. Knowing this; I think it would be best we all expect a release date of Dec. 31st, 2023 at the earliest. It sounds cynical, perhaps even insulting, but it really is best that everyone assume the expansion will just be out as late as possible with no more than what's been shown. As of right now, from what they've shown, they're selling a few hours of story content in an unfinished district, anything else is speculation that will end in disappointment.

As far as I know, you're right... nothing about "when" the expansion will be released in 2023. So it could be February (results for the radio contest at the end of January) or end of December.
From : Transcript of audio webcast on CD PROJEKT Group Q3 2022 financial results
Question:
Secondly, on Phantom Liberty – you haven’t told us in which part of 2023 you’re planning to release it – which quarter you’re currently targeting. I wonder if you could give us an update on that?
Michał Nowakowski (MN):
For the second question, this is Michał Nowakowski – we are, unfortunately, not disclosing the specific quarter for the launch of Phantom Liberty, so I’ll have to ask you for a bit of patience. We’ll talk about when we’re ready.

I recently got a Asus ROG Strix 4080 OC, and it runs already fantastic in 4K with Highest Settings + Highest RT and DLSS on Performance, smooth 60 FPS. I hope in the next update they will include DLSS3 with that Overdrive Mode i saw in one of their videos. Compared to my 2070 RTX (which could only handle 1440p without raytracing in 60fps basically) this new card is a absolute beast.

Q1 was mentioned during inverstors summary somewhere in a middle of 2022 followed by mentioning it again during investors call. Then somewhere around late summer narration switched to 2023 and thats it. Should be still somewhere on CDPR page but it doesnt really matter at this point. It will be this year when its ready.

Q1 was mentioned during inverstors summary somewhere in a middle of 2022 followed by mentioning it again during investors call. Then somewhere around late summer narration switched to 2023 and thats it. Should be still somewhere on CDPR page but it doesnt really matter at this point. It will be this year when its ready.
It will come out before the DLC, and if is delayed the DLC is delayed. And that's fine; hopefully the "fans" that sent death threats to CDPR devs following the base game's delays have moved on to greener pastures...

It will come out before the DLC, and if is delayed the DLC is delayed. And that's fine; hopefully the "fans" that sent death threats to CDPR devs following the base game's delays have moved on to greener pastures...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, moved on you say? Hilarious! Gamers, moving on from their vitriolic criticism? That's a good one.

The same gamers who downvoted the game en masse following the game winning the Steam "Labor of Love" award just a week or so ago?

Hahahaha....

1673368315091.png

In all seriousness.

They will be back. Regardless of how the expansion pans out. Even if it releases in a perfect state, on the exact date it was announced for. They will be there to spew more hate. No doubt they would absolutely relish the expansion being delayed. Hell, there are still plenty spewing hate because it hasn't been released yet despite these same people complaining about the base game being released while not being ready for release.

Haters gon' hate. It's just the way of the world these days.

About Phantom Liberty:

May 31, 2022
And this is our goal with the next large update - 1.6 - (planned for this year) and then an expansion (planned for the next one).
Also, in the second half of the year we will be launching the marketing campaign for the Cyberpunk expansion.
We want to announce the title later this year. Then we’ll talk more about the pricing, about the content; the whole concept. It’s too early to share this information. Of course, we have everything planned, but we do not to reveal just one fact – then gamers will run with it and discuss it.
I can say that development is run mostly in the agile model. We see progress in a different way – well, we’re happy with how the production is going. Of course, there’s still some time to go; I’m going by what we have now. In terms of the campaign – I can’t reveal anything. We are preparing to start it and once the time comes, we’ll start – so, I can’t really provide you with more color on this. And the game engine – this is a question I can answer precisely. The Cyberpunk expansion is the last product based on REDengine, and further products will be based on UE – including the next Witcher.

About marketing campaign for the expansion:
The content of the first “beat” of the campaign is not to be revealed today, so I cannot share any information about whether we would announce the title together with the price or what the precise dates would be.
We haven’t said we would start in Q4 – we said we’d start in the second half of the year. I know I’m repeating myself, but we can’t share any further details today in this regard.

September 12, 2022
We decided to develop one major expansion to Cyberpunk 2077 titled Phantom Liberty. To provide the best possible experience and great new features, he expansion will come to next-gens and PCs only. The release is planned for next year.
As you can see, the largest team is working on Phantom Liberty; and the second largest on the new Witcher game.
the expansion is the last project developed with our own technology. We are where we should be at this stage; it is a very advanced stage and the bulk of our development team is engaged in the project. I cannot comment on dates; we are saying that it’ll be the next year. There will be time for further announcements.
we’ve decided to develop one major expansion, which is going to take advantage of the capabilities of new-gen consoles.
I believe we have a great expansion on our hands and we have really ambitious goals; however, in this case it’s important to remember that in this case we’re targeting only the new-gen and PC, and the base of new-gen console owners
We’re obviously not disclosing the price at this point in time; we’re going to reveal that at an appropriate moment. Having said that, we did mention this is a major expansion; it’s actually pretty sizeable and we’re happy with its quality, so the price is going to be in line with what we present to the players

October 4, 2022
we’re wrapping up our work on Phantom Liberty, and once this expansion is released, we’ll start initial work on Orion.
When it comes to the update on timing and pricing of the expansion – that information is part of the marketing campaign, so when we’re ready to reveal that information, we’ll come forward with that; I don’t really have specifics to share here. The situation is similar when it comes to announcing when in 2023 we might see the expansion. It’s set to release next year, and we’ll share more details when we’re ready as part of the marketing campaign.
the expansion is going to be exactly that – an expansion. It’s big, we’re happy with what we’re offering to gamers, but it’s not a full AAA title.
we don’t consider Phantom Liberty a DLC. It’s a huge expansion – from the development perspective and how it’s organized in production it’s the same as a full-fledged game

November 29, 2022
We’re concentrating on the final stage of the development of Phantom Liberty, an expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 scheduled for the next year. Right now almost 350 developers are working on that project.
we are, unfortunately, not disclosing the specific quarter for the launch of Phantom Liberty, so I’ll have to ask you for a bit of patience. We’ll talk about when we’re ready.
whether the marketing campaign will be comparable to what we did with Blood and Wine – I’d say it’s very difficult to compare one to the other; the market circumstances have changed; I don’t think we’ll be able to specifically home in on what that number may be – but of course it would not be the size of a full-game marketing campaign

Last edited:
Top Bottom