1.7 getting real close?

+
Even if the team is large it's still gonna take less time to develop the expansion than a full game. It's not going to be a full AAA game in size so there's no reason they would ask the same price.

They will be back. Regardless of how the expansion pans out. Even if it releases in a perfect state, on the exact date it was announced for. They will be there to spew more hate. No doubt they would absolutely relish the expansion being delayed. Hell, there are still plenty spewing hate because it hasn't been released yet despite these same people complaining about the base game being released while not being ready for release.
Even if Phantom Liberty releases perfectly, there will still be individuals insistent that either the game is finally the product that was promised, or is still missing those mythical "promised features". I can see it now.

Even if Phantom Liberty releases perfectly, there will still be individuals insistent that either the game is finally the product that was promised, or is still missing those mythical "promised features". I can see it now.

Exactly, or accusation of hiding the "full" game behind a paywall, scamming us, etc... We'll go through the whole gamut

We've all seen it before. This won't be an exception.

Regarding price: I can't imagine it's going to be more then $60, even if development was like a full fledged game. For final stages: 350 people still sounds like a lot for final stages, no?

I don't see how it can even be $60 - unless it is literally the size of the base game itself. Factoring in inflation and games rising from $60 to $70 for most AAA titles I think that if the game is...

Around the size of Hearts of Stone it will come in around $20-$30.
Around the size of Blood and Wine it will come in around $30-$40.
Somehow the size of both of those combined or does something particularly special then maybe it will climb up to $40-$50.

Regarding price: I can't imagine it's going to be more then $60, even if development was like a full fledged game. For final stages: 350 people still sounds like a lot for final stages, no?
60? No. Nobody pays 60 for an expansion. 35? Maybe. Otherwise I just stop playing and wait for a sale.

60? No. Nobody pays 60 for an expansion. 35? Maybe. Otherwise I just stop playing and wait for a sale.

I could see myself paying $40-$50 for an expansion if they say it is the size of Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine combined. I think that would be more than worth it given that Hearts of Stone was sizeable and Blood and Wine was basically a AAA game in and of itself. I doubt there is a huge new map... but if they add like a 15-20 hour main story and then fill out Night City with like 20-30 hours more of content, plus add in a bunch of the promised features (vehicle combat, major police overhaul, etc), I could see it being worth that.

That being said I doubt it is that massive. If it is - that is crazy. But I guess they have had the dev time to pull something like that off... and they probably didn't pay to bring Idris on board/retain Keanu for something small.

I could see myself paying $40-$50 for an expansion if they say it is the size of Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine combined. I think that would be more than worth it given that Hearts of Stone was sizeable and Blood and Wine was basically a AAA game in and of itself. I doubt there is a huge new map... but if they add like a 15-20 hour main story and then fill out Night City with like 20-30 hours more of content, plus add in a bunch of the promised features, I could see it being worth that.

That being said I doubt it is that massive. If it is - that is crazy. But I guess they have had the dev time to pull something like that off... and they probably didn't pay to bring Idris on board/retain Keanu for something small.
Of course it won't be. a 60 dollar DLC is not a DLC it's a sequel.

It will come out when it is ready and that is the best information that CDPR should give. The fans meanwhile we will make some hit or miss predictions.

Before the last patch 1.6 I gave my opinion on what I would like in the patch and I was quite right, I would like to give my opinion on what to expect. It is my opinion and it can of course be completely wrong. But I want to share it.

Patch 1.3 was released on August 18, 2021.

6 months later

Patch 1.5 was released on February 15, 2022.

6 months later and something more for being in August...

Patch 1.6 was released on September 6, 2022.

The three patches were important and between them there were 6 months of work.

My impression is that patch 1.7 will be another major patch that will add quality to Cyberpunk 2077 and it will be released between March 1st and 15th. 6 months after patch 1.6.

It will be a bug fix patch, performance improvement and add some features to the game without upsetting Red Engine and their spaghetti code. There will be no major changes.

Patch 1.7 may add new quests while we wait for the expansion.

The big expansion will be announced with the release of patch 1.7 and we will know its price and release date.

There will be live video on Twitch and we will have a great time!!!

My impression is that if patch 1.7 comes out in March, the expansion could be on sale in October. I don't think the expansion is in its final phase and that it will come out in March, April or May. The months of June, July, August and September are not good months to release games.

October - November may be. I give my vote.

The expansion will be a story of between 20 and 30 hours of high-quality gameplay that will also add some gameplay features to the base game and that will be the finishing touch with which they will close this cyberpunk adventure.

Regarding the price, it could be around 39 €.

I would love for it to be a success and they would propose a second expansion... what is NO now, could be YES.

Later, thanks to the Modders, we will be able to enjoy Night City with more complete tools for map redesign and modifications for many years.

Last edited:
It will come out when it is ready and that is the best information that CDPR should give. The fans meanwhile we will make some hit or miss predictions.

Before the last patch 1.6 I gave my opinion on what I would like in the patch and I was quite right, I would like to give my opinion on what to expect. It is my opinion and it can of course be completely wrong. But I want to share it.

Patch 1.3 was released on August 18, 2021.

6 months later

Patch 1.5 was released on February 15, 2022.

6 months later and something more for being in August...

Patch 1.6 was released on September 6, 2022.

The three patches were important and between them there were 6 months of work.

My impression is that patch 1.7 will be another major patch that will add quality to Cyberpunk 2077 and it will be released between March 1st and 15th. 6 months after patch 1.6.

It will be a bug fix patch, performance improvement and add some features to the game without upsetting Red Engine and their spaghetti code. There will be no major changes.

Patch 1.7 may add new quests while we wait for the expansion.

The big expansion will be announced with the release of patch 1.7 and we will know its price and release date.

There will be live video on Twitch and we will have a great time!!!

My impression is that if patch 1.7 comes out in March, the expansion could be on sale in October. I don't think the expansion is in its final phase and that it will come out in March, April or May. The months of June, July, August and September are not good months to release games.

October - November may be. I give my vote.

The expansion will be a story of between 20 and 30 hours of high-quality gameplay that will also add some gameplay features to the base game and that will be the finishing touch with which they will close this cyberpunk adventure.

Regarding the price, it could be around 39 €.

I would love for it to be a success and they would propose a second expansion... what is NO now, could be YES.

Later, thanks to the Modders, we will be able to enjoy Night City with more complete tools for map redesign and modifications for many years.

I think the whole 6 month thing is purely coincidental, as you said they'll release when it's ready (both patch/PL). I think they would want 1.7 release along side PL. I don't think it would make much since to release 1.7 and wait a few more months. They've stated that the next patch is a major one (the vehicle combat patch. We saw it in teaser 2, though whether that was scripted scene or gameplay is unclear). They've said that regardless of success, work on the sequel will begin once PL releases. If PL comes out in October-November, they should readjust what "final stages of production" really means.

I agree with the general sentiment. I would expect 1.7 to serve as the harbinger for the DLC release but i think that March is a pretty generous estimate. I don't think it will drop until close to the end of 1Q, so my guess would be April / May time frame.
April and May are in 2Q. :)

I still wouldn't be surprised if it comes out then!

Cheers,
Merric

I think the whole 6 month thing is purely coincidental, as you said they'll release when it's ready (both patch/PL). I think they would want 1.7 release along side PL. I don't think it would make much since to release 1.7 and wait a few more months. They've stated that the next patch is a major one (the vehicle combat patch. We saw it in teaser 2, though whether that was scripted scene or gameplay is unclear). They've said that regardless of success, work on the sequel will begin once PL releases. If PL comes out in October-November, they should readjust what "final stages of production" really means.
Only opinions with the information we have. Your opinion may be correct.

The 6 months (2 major patches per year) I don't think it's a coincidence, I think it's part of the CDPR worksheet.

The reason why I think patch 1.7 will be the time to announce the expansion date is because it would be a total mistake to release the patch and the expansion together (there are still many months left for the expansion). Teaser 2 doesn't make me think that PL is in its final phase and we still don't know the price or date and this information should be known at least a few months before it goes on sale.

I doubt they give a release date before March and releasing the expansion before or during the Summer is a bad date. October - November are favorable months to sell games.

Major work on Orion will be in 2024, 2025 and 2026.

It's just my opinion with everything we know.

My best guess, and this is based partially on the language CDPR has used and partially on what similar games have done. And I think I've said this in a different thread.

1.7 will come out earlyish Q1 so Late Jan-mid Feb, this will be the last major free update and will be its own separate thing from Phantom Liberty. It will likely launch with enough time before Phantom Liberty to Hot fix any issues and ensure everything is working as intended once it goes live, catch anything that testing might have missed (hopefully only a few minor things)

When Phantom Liberty drops either late Q1 or early Q2, they will release a compatibility patch with maybe 1 or 2 little extras (for free) but nothing major, if anything at all. The game will likely be called something like V 2.0 officially signaling that this is the next/final phase of major updates. After release of Phantom Liberty, all updates will be Maintenace related with maybe a surprise freebee thrown in for holidays or special events, I expect these to be very minor if at all.

Like I said I have 0 inside information or hard evidence to back this up but based on things they've said and what other games have done, this just feels like it's a real possibility for the rollout of content. I would not be surprised however if I'm off base with this, it just seems like the way they're testing and with little to no marketing of Phantom liberty taking place I see a stream being announced soon, that follows the "and its available now" pattern they've been using and 1.7 will drop during the steam, followed by the trailer for PL at the end of the stream hopefully with a release date. Afterwards marketing for PL will likely increase.

Sincerely hope Phantom Liberty drops in March at the earliest, April-May at the latest. I can do a slow as hell 4th playthrough in that time-frame so I can experience it freshly and see if it changes anything towards end-game.

April and May are in 2Q. :)

I still wouldn't be surprised if it comes out then!

Cheers,
Merric
April and May are in 2Q and near the end of 1Q, yes? I don't think that it is likely that the game will be released during 1Q unless it is on the very last day right before 2Q. :)

Last edited:
Will DLSS 3.0 be included in 1.7? Find it really odd that CDPR and Nvidia touted the technology in Cyberpunk so much in September and have been completely silent ever since. its especially odd since frame generation is available on TW3 and is amazing. I have a 4080 and am super bummed no update on DLSS 3 has been provided by CDPR at all.

Last edited:
We are really looking forward to Night City, but in my opinion there are still months of hard work and a lot of testing before we return with a good story to this beautiful city that never sleeps.

Some of you are saying March!!! And we don't even know the price or official news about the date yet!!!

Be patient, there are still months. They have yet to give us any more good trailer and a gameplay video explaining some of the details. None of that is announced, they keep working hard.

Will DLSS 3.0 be included in 1.7? Find it really odd that CDPR and Nvidia touted the technology in Cyberpunk so much in September and have been completely silent ever since. its especially odd since frame generation is available on TW3 and is amazing. I have a 4080 and am super bummed no update on DLSS 3 has been provided by CDPR at all.

It has not been fully confirmed, but CDPR has pretty much gone on record saying that 1.7 will be the last major patch and Phantom Liberty is the last major update for the game. After that it is going into maintenance mode.

So I think it is safe to say that - yes, it will be coming with 1.7 or with Phantom Liberty (if they release on separate dates).

We are really looking forward to Night City, but in my opinion there are still months of hard work and a lot of testing before we return with a good story to this beautiful city that never sleeps.

Some of you are saying March!!! And we don't even know the price or official news about the date yet!!!

Be patient, there are still months. They have yet to give us any more good trailer and a gameplay video explaining some of the details. None of that is announced, they keep working hard.

I can't find the exact quotes, but from what I recall CDPR has said they want to shorten marketing windows, release date announcements, etc. after the disaster that was the Cyberpunk 2077 launch. Given that this is not a full AAA title and people are not going to need to set aside $60-$70 for it I don't think they are that concerned about announcing a release date that is only a month or two out. So I don't think March is out of the question.

That being said I think CDPR knows they have to nail this launch. They know that like any game there is going to be some bugs and problems to deal with - but they need to minimize them as much as they can. So I also wouldn't be shocked if it comes out later in the year.

But given that they have repeatedly said it is in the 'final stage(s) of production' something like Q3 or Q4 seems like a bit of a stretch. I personally expect the expansion to be out by June - but I am also ready to be disappointed.

EDIT: A July 4th release date also would not surprise me. The expansion is named Phantom Liberty and July 4th is Independance Day in the US.

It has not been fully confirmed, but CDPR has pretty much gone on record saying that 1.7 will be the last major patch and Phantom Liberty is the last major update for the game. After that it is going into maintenance mode.

So I think it is safe to say that - yes, it will be coming with 1.7 or with Phantom Liberty (if they release on separate dates).

I can't find the exact quotes, but from what I recall CDPR has said they want to shorten marketing windows, release date announcements, etc. after the disaster that was the Cyberpunk 2077 launch. Given that this is not a full AAA title and people are not going to need to set aside $60-$70 for it I don't think they are that concerned about announcing a release date that is only a month or two out. So I don't think March is out of the question.

That being said I think CDPR knows they have to nail this launch. They know that like any game there is going to be some bugs and problems to deal with - but they need to minimize them as much as they can. So I also wouldn't be shocked if it comes out later in the year.

But given that they have repeatedly said it is in the 'final stage(s) of production' something like Q3 or Q4 seems like a bit of a stretch. I personally expect the expansion to be out by June - but I am also ready to be disappointed.

EDIT: A July 4th release date also would not surprise me. The expansion is named Phantom Liberty and July 4th is Independance Day in the US.

I think they said they're will be like a "goty" update, as the last major patch. A boxed version of the game that'll include Liberty. So, 1.7/PL and then goty. Yes, they have said they'll market stuff much closer to release this time, "Going forward, our campaigns will be much shorter. We'll wait until much closer to a game's launch before we start showing things like trailers, demos, or going in depth about mechanics, etc." That being said, one could assume it's around the corner, because we've had two trailers already.

Top Bottom