1.7 getting real close?

+
Possible something is brewing soon, as three qa updates are certainly unusual in one day. However, don't think it means that it's say coming out soon.

More frequent testing is probably a sign that "something" is happening but I would think that 1.7 and Phantom Liberty will drop at the same time. Where as the patches have come without any preamble I can't imagine that they'll drop the expansion without a bit of pre-release media & let's-play previews etc. (maybe I'm wrong)

Plus a round of Idris Elba on variety shows

I guess maybe someone should ask Sasko if he knows when he's moving to Boston yet?

More frequent testing is probably a sign that "something" is happening but I would think that 1.7 and Phantom Liberty will drop at the same time. Where as the patches have come without any preamble I can't imagine that they'll drop the expansion without a bit of pre-release media & let's-play previews etc. (maybe I'm wrong)

Plus a round of Idris Elba on variety shows

I guess maybe someone should ask Sasko if he knows when he's moving to Boston yet?

They've said once Liberity is finished they're moving to Boston.

I was calculating past changes in SteamDB and usually there's often being just 1-2 updates in a month, and mostly 2-4 in a given release week of next patch, especially the bigger ones.

Now in December there was 12-13 updates in total, within a week there was 5, within 24 hours it's been 3 (source)

Am I smelling a new patch about to arrive in this month? Seems quite positive to me. And I'm working in software industry and a lot of companies (mine included) are trying to push out release within the first month of 2023 to meet a deadline.

At least it seems a lot of new features are going to get implemented since there seems to be a quite a lot of testing involved in it.

Everything I have seen have said March at the earliest.

More frequent testing is probably a sign that "something" is happening but I would think that 1.7 and Phantom Liberty will drop at the same time.

Agreed. I think it would be odd if 1.7 came out way ahead of Phantom Liberty. Maybe a week or two ahead of time, but odds are they will be released on the same day.

I believe CDPR's 2022 earnings and Q1 revenue calls are scheduled in that April to May range. I bet we get an announcement and preorders toward the middle to end of Q1 so that they can hype up investors on the sales - with a full blown release in Q2 or Q3.

Actually it would make more since to release the update several weeks or maybe a month before the expansion is released to make sure the update does not break anything that may effect the expansions. This could also give the option to delay the expansion if needed.

Actually it would make more since to release the update several weeks or maybe a month before the expansion is released to make sure the update does not break anything that may effect the expansions. This could also give the option to delay the expansion if needed.
Well I really want to start a new character with 1.7, so I would love an actual date so I know if I should continue this V or not ;)

Ive actually started a character with minimal mods this time in wait for the exp/patch so would be nice too get it soonish. DLSS3 and RT Ultimate would be nice too -.-

Ive actually started a character with minimal mods this time in wait for the exp/patch so would be nice too get it soonish. DLSS3 and RT Ultimate would be nice too -.-
Might do the same, I doubt they will add new body tattoos or anything, just start a new Nomad and leave her in the starting garage with nothing done yet. So I'm prepared ;)

My thought was that the any changes brought with 1.7 might be necessary mechanics for the expansion so they would have a combined release. For example if vehicle combat or maxtac is an integral part of the expansion storyline then the impact would be devalued by releasing it beforehand? Just conjecture on my part

My thought was that the any changes brought with 1.7 might be necessary mechanics for the expansion so they would have a combined release. For example if vehicle combat or maxtac is an integral part of the expansion storyline then the impact would be devalued by releasing it beforehand? Just conjecture on my part

This is what I think as well.

That being said if Phantom Liberty isn't going to be done until Q3 or Q4 of 2023 - then I could see them releasing 1.7 early in order to keep interest in the game high. But I think it is pretty unlikely we don't get the expansion in Q1 or Q2.

From marketing point of view it would make sense to release 1.7 features ( vehicle combat, melee combat, police system ) with expansion so people wound be more likely to buy it while trying new stuff.

On the other hand, they mentioned those features like coming up with a patch and not exclusive to Phantom Liberty so maybe release will be before that. I would assume that if they have 1.7 in launch pad long before expansion, they will just release it. Hard to tell what is happening with QA updates - for sure they are testing a lot buy it might be just one of a features (which like we know might be quite substantial).

But will we get a flashlight?

I'd assume, given CP's unfortunate history, they'll want to get 1.7 out and working before Phantom Liberty. And since they have started trailing Phantom Liberty, that is probably not far off. So I'm quietly hopefully for January, or early February.

This is what I think as well.

That being said if Phantom Liberty isn't going to be done until Q3 or Q4 of 2023 - then I could see them releasing 1.7 early in order to keep interest in the game high. But I think it is pretty unlikely we don't get the expansion in Q1 or Q2.

If PL isn't coming out until Q3 or worst Q4, no matter how big a patch. A patch isn't going to keep interest long.

I've been wondering myself how much longer 1.7 is going to be. If it really is the last patch for the game it's going influence a couple of decisions for me. By this I mean if it doesn't fix the blatantly obvious glitches the game still has on my platform, and I have strategically placed saves to check them, then I won't be buying the expansion, I probably would even uninstall the game. If any fixes for the base game are hidden behind the expansion pay wall, the result will be the same. Even if all that goes ok, it doesn't mean I'll buy the expansion, I'll wait until after I see playthroughs on my platform on Twitch, to see if there are problems, or if it's remotely like as advertised. Even then, I would wait for a sale before buying it, for the sake of completion if nothing else.

I agree with the general sentiment. I would expect 1.7 to serve as the harbinger for the DLC release but i think that March is a pretty generous estimate. I don't think it will drop until close to the end of 1Q, so my guess would be April / May time frame.

Top Bottom