1.8.4 On GoG Galaxy Most Assuredly Does NOT fix the Achievements.

+
1.8.4 On GoG Galaxy Most Assuredly Does NOT fix the Achievements.

Out of a total of 8 achievements that I had accumulated during the downtime since 1.8.3, only two unlocked retroactively. The funny part is that the other 6 were almost all story/quest related so they should have immediately unlocked, but nope.

Also, no new achievements are popping up. Card Collector for instance which I only completed AFTER installing 1.8.4. No dice, no achievement.

A minor nuisance in the Greatest Game of All Time and Space, but I'd love it if this was one day fixed so I can get all of my proper digital postcards of the Other Place.

Cheers.

The "Fearless Vampire Slayer" achievement still doesn't work for me on GOG Galaxy after 1.08.4. Some other achievements, like "Brawler", did unlock successfully after the latest patch. None activated retroactively for me, I had to redo the fight for the Brawler achievement, for example.

1.08.4 clearly still hasn't fixed all achievement-related issues.

Hey guys,

As you have GOG version of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, please try verifying integrity of game cache.

In order to do that please follow these steps:
1. Launch GOG Galaxy and log in with your account
2. Go to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tab
3. Click MORE -> MANAGE -> VERIFY / REPAIR
4. In newly opened window click VERIFY GAME

Our development team is investigating this issue.

Cheers

Hey guys,

As you have GOG version of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, please try verifying integrity of game cache.

In order to do that please follow these steps:
1. Launch GOG Galaxy and log in with your account
2. Go to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tab
3. Click MORE -> MANAGE -> VERIFY / REPAIR
4. In newly opened window click VERIFY GAME

Our development team is investigating this issue.

Cheers

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is being investigated. Verifying/repairing doesn't fix it thought. I verified the integrity of the game cache, redid the "Mystery of the Byways Murders" and the "Fearless Vampire Slayer" achievement still did not unlock.

So far I'm at 73% unlocked. I found out that some achievements do unlock but not all I'm afraid.
As a test I tried to unlock "Dendrologist" and it did. Next, I tried to unlock "Kaer Morhen Trained" but no matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't. I even managed to have 20 counterattacks in a row without parrying or attacking. Still nothing...
Also the achievement for filling all mutagen slots won't work either nor card collector.

Guest 3842565

This patch made me unlock Pest Control which didn't unlock in 1.8.3, but for example Armed and Dangerous is still unable to unlock. So this patch fixed something but only partially.

Please try reinstalling GOG Galaxy software and make sure that your game's .exe version is 3.0.5.40322 if not - try repairing the game with freshly installed GOG Galaxy software ( you can try GOG Galaxy 1.1.1)

Please try reinstalling GOG Galaxy software and make sure that your game's .exe version is 3.0.5.40322 if not - try repairing the game with freshly installed GOG Galaxy software ( you can try GOG Galaxy 1.1.1)

Achievement for completing the game on the hardest difficult is not unlocking on GOG.

Where is the exe of the game? how can i reinstall gog software without desinstallin the game?

EDIT: I found the .exe and the version is correct.

Last edited:
Reinstallation of GOG Galaxy won't affect your game's installation.

I tried a fresh install of Galaxy, game version is correct, loaded the saved game just before completing the game and the achievement of death march difficult does not unlock :/

This worked for me, although not retroactively.

The version of the game's .exe was already correct, but reinstalling GOG Galaxy actually fixed it. I redid 'Mystery of the Byways Murders" after the re-installation of GOG Galaxy and the "Fearless Vampire Slayer" achievement unlocked this time.

This worked for me, although not retroactively.

The version of the game's .exe was already correct, but reinstalling GOG Galaxy actually fixed it. I redid 'Mystery of the Byways Murders" after the re-installation of GOG Galaxy and the "Fearless Vampire Slayer" achievement unlocked this time.

For me it didn't work with the death march achievement.

How did you uninstalled GOG Galaxy? from control panel?

Thank you very much!
I uninstalled GOG Galaxy, reinstalled the same version (1.07 something) and the achievements are now fixed for me. I already grabbed 3 new ones that wouldn't unlock previously. :)

---------- Updated at 01:10 AM ----------

For me it didn't work with the death march achievement.

How did you uninstalled GOG Galaxy? from control panel?

I uninstalled it from the control panel.

I uninstalled gog and now i haven't the witcher 3 in games list!!! What should i do ?

ps: i have used "Scan and import Folders" and now download patch? Possible?

---------- Updated at 02:09 PM ----------

ok achievements doesn't work...though I uninstalled and reinstalled gog...i have killed final boss and i have gained level 35 ("The king is Dead" and "Munchkin". )

Last edited:
i have installed last version of gog too (1.1.2) but achievements doesn't work..........

---------- Updated at 05:53 PM ----------

Another two achievements doesn't work (second run game) "Kaer Morhen Trained" and "Mutant"

Top Bottom