1 stack of eddies = 10.000 $?

+
This is a gripe that is present in a lot of games, and it drives my OCD up the wall;
When you see "phat stacks" of money laying there, it should be somewhat represented by the amount that you will get when you loot it. A stack of eddies like in this screenshot would suggest that each stack is roughly 100 bills in each stack = each stack is 10.000 eddies. So the amount on the table is roughly 30.000 €$.

if that is the case, then huzzah! If it is less than that, maybe change the skin to read 10's or 20's instead.
I know it's a little thing, but still.. I can't be the only one who gets bummed out when I loot something like this and get 350 €$

eddies stacks.png

I think, i am almost positive that there is no cash. It is all done wireless.

The eddies you can get from loot is via selling the hardware in a pawnshop.. i think.. it makes sense no?

I think, i am almost positive that there is no cash. It is all done wireless.
There are real money. In the new trailer, The Gig, at around 1:08-1:09 you see someone taking a stack of money.
After reading a demo preview, can't remember which one was it, those will end up being the starting money corpo V has.
And in some interview a dev said a case where two other devs calculated how much money are in a stack, because one of them thought the total sum you got from that stack is too small.

There are real money. In the new trailer, The Gig, at around 1:08-1:09 you see someone taking a stack of money.
After reading a demo preview, can't remember which one was it, those will end up being the starting money corpo V has.
And in some interview a dev said a case where two other devs calculated how much money are in a stack, because one of them thought the total sum you got from that stack is too small.

Guess you are right!
But then i think it is a old and bad game mechanic to get cash.

Just think if you are walking around in a neighborhood where people are robbed every day.. would you carry cash?

Guess you are right!
But then i think it is a old and bad game mechanic to get cash.

Just think if you are walking around in a neighborhood where people are robbed every day.. would you carry cash?

Yes, to buy guns, drugs, or anything illegal.
I doubt your local dealer takes the credit card or bank's checks.

Cash is the most, if not only, kind of money used underground.

That's why they then create false business to wash the dirty money, etc...

Even in our own world, they try to push an "all electronic" money with credit card etc...
But the shady business will always use cash.

Also, I doubt anyone walks about with hundreds in their pockets for no reason.

The best way to monopolize an economy is to make your own money (and being uberpowerful like arasaka).
Think company store from the late 19th to early 20th century OR any game we use real money to buy fake in game money to buy the next cool skin.
Same premise.

Yes, to buy guns, drugs, or anything illegal.
I doubt your local dealer takes the credit card or bank's checks.

Cash is the most, if not only, kind of money used underground.

That's why they then create false business to wash the dirty money, etc...

Even in our own world, they try to push an "all electronic" money with credit card etc...
But the shady business will always use cash.

Also, I doubt anyone walks about with hundreds in their pockets for no reason.
it is 2077.. some kind of eddie/bitcoin should exist..
Post automatically merged:

company store
love that idea! bring it back!!

Love that song! Steve Goodman's version may be the best of all time.

"One made of iron, the other of steel.
If the left one dont get ya, the right one will!"
Post automatically merged:

love that idea! bring it back!!

There are still some places that have a company store but they use American currency, not the old wooden nickels.

Guys, you should check out Countdown to the Dark future for July, a the end of the month, there were descriptions how mony works in CP. There was about regular cash, corpo currencies, chips with money and wire transfer.

Top Bottom