1 year with Cyberpunk 2077

+
EN_CP_Mosaic_2560x1440.png

It's been a year since the release. Thank you for all of the support and passion you've given us!

Here's to you!

600+ hours for me and many play throughs. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I did.

422 hours for me on PC for me and 100 on PS5 you beat me :giggle: for the moment i'm getting the dlc from valhalla, it's still impressive to see that the 3rd paying dlc is coming out soon for a game released on november 10, 2020, but hey it's ubisoft ... :D

600+ hours for me and many play throughs. I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I did.
Not likely to happen any time soon if console (XBSS) fixes are left to CDPR. They should make the game on console able to use mods, like Bethesda does, that way our PC friends can, hopefully, share some good stuff with us.

Cyberpunk 2077 is very controversial.
If it hadn't been done by CDPR, which I love for The Witcher 3, I would have easily given the game 10/10.

But my rating is 6/10.

I deceived myself into expectations.
Like many others.

And I'm not talking about bugs.
I have top-end hardware and rich gaming experience (I have been playing since I was 4 - 1992).
I've seen all types of bugs and played games with a range of 5 to 25 fps.

The untapped potential disappointed me.

What for?
Why did you make another cyberpunk with an unfinished open world?

Was the Deus Ex series not enough for us?

Like many others, I was waiting for RDR 2 (I mean the liveliness of the surrounding world and the interestingness of its study) in the world of Cyberpunk.

Well, or if not, then at least the opportunity to influence the plot line of the Disco Elysium level with your choices. Albeit with an open world stuffed with uninteresting towers.

A YEAR has passed.
I beg - heed me:

Cyberpunk doesn't need storyline DLCs
Cyberpunk doesn't need shitty multiplayer ala Division / RDO
Cyberpunk doesn't need new side quests

Cyberpunk really needs FREEMODE
It doesn't matter - available first, or after the end of the game on behalf of another (not V) character (as was the case with Arthur and John in RDR 2)

In this free mode, you need to make a real cyberpunk resident simulator:
- the need to rent / buy / pay for housing
- the opportunity to work officially - right up to work as a barista or shop assistant
- the opportunity to relax in clubs / strip clubs / anywhere else
- the ability to get a partner
- responsibility before the law, up to sitting in jail for the deed
- the ability to join the gangs of Night City
then you can think of it yourself

BUT please, if you decide to do this and you come up with a "brilliant" idea to make it online, you can also play it completely offline - as did ark, conan exiles and SCUM.
I just hate network-dependent games - because I have a very unstable connection.
So much so that I can not get through the purchased GR Breakpoint

Please overhaul the wanted system so I can play again! I'm jonesing for this game so bad, but every time I play on either console or PC, I cross one of the bugged city blocks and instantly get wanted and chased by the pigs and their bots. It's just not fun to play anymore. I patiently await the day I can return to the game and not break the immersion.
Consider to get Cyber Engine Tweaks and City Hack mods when on PC. You can switch the police system off if it bothers you that much.

Cyberpunk doesn't need storyline DLCs
Cyberpunk doesn't need shitty multiplayer ala Division / RDO
Cyberpunk doesn't need new side quests

Cyberpunk really needs FREEMODE
It doesn't matter - available first, or after the end of the game on behalf of another (not V) character (as was the case with Arthur and John in RDR 2)
While your taste is perfectly valid I would argue that I much rather prefer storyline DLCs and new sidequests than a supposed freemode. (However, we do agree on the multiplayer :LOL: )

Guest 3847602

While your taste is perfectly valid I would argue that I much rather prefer storyline DLCs and new sidequests than a supposed freemode. (However, we do agree on the multiplayer :LOL: )
Same here, though, if I had to choose, I'd pick any type of multiplayer over life-sim freemode.

Thanks CHOOMS :sleep:
It seems like yesterday that the game first came out.
And looking at it now, it has not got any better.

Thanks CDPR, we'll wait for another 10 years.
We love you :coolstory:

A year on... and still silence. I get that people gave you a lot of grief over the release but the lack of information on what you are doing is far more damaging to your reputation. I've just signed up because, after a year of waiting and waiting and guessing, I'm wanting some information on where you are with DLCs and release level polish.

I would like to understand the silence. You have millions of happy customers and a few thousand whiners but you have bowed to the whiners and gone into cloak and dagger mode. I'm an adult gamer with 40 years of gaming under my belt and never have I ever felt so shut out by a developer. Will you finally come out from behind your rock and start addressing your customers and fans?

I've really enjoyed the game even though the main story is very short and Pacifica was woefully underrepresented (which was a huge shame). But my views about CDPR are becoming less and less favourable due to this silence. Not getting it from a professional point of view. It's actually incredibly unprofessional and feels rather belligerent towards your loyal customer base. Food for thought, I hope.

I would like to understand the silence.
Next patch is supposed to be released in Q1. Most probably they are still working on it and testing things, so there isn't much to say on their part right now - at least that's how I see it. I would advice to be just patient. Once the patch is ready, they will publish a post informing about what's to come, just like they did in the past.

I've certainly been patient and can continue to be patient...

I know CDPR are usually excellent with their DLC model and general support of games, both past and present. It'd just be nice to have some idea of a roadmap (one that is up to date) so that we know when we can get our teeth back into the game.

We've seen the news about Steam so I hoped there might be some news.... some time before release, not on release. I'm sure CDPR can commit to something, surely? This isn't impatience, it's just what we've come to expect from the entertainment industry....

But I will continue being patient :)

Last edited:
Next patch is supposed.... . Most probably... ...Once the patch is ready,...
This sound like speculation to me.
You clearly see there is no official statement.

As Tharg was saying, CDPR is so unprofessional that they even doesn't care to gave the community official statement.
Since they can't keep up with their promise, they don't make any.

Looks rather childish to me.

As Tharg was saying, CDPR is so unprofessional that they even doesn't care to gave the community official statement.

https://www.rp.pl/media/art19138331-kicinski-cd-projekt-chce-przejmowac-ale-sam-nie-jest-na-sprzedaz It's in polish, but Adam Kiciński is saying there that they are planning to release next-gen update along with patch 1.5 in 1st quarter of 2022. Here's the english article leading to this interview: https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-patch-1-5-release-date Seems like legit information to me or they just made up the interview.
Not entirely speculation, I would say.
I won't judge any behaviour on any side as childish, but asking over and over again for an update, while things seem to be still in the working, sounds at least very impatient to me. No offence to anyone here.
My words about the way they might share next information is based on how they did it in the past. So even if it is speculation, it's rather grounded in the company's past procedures in this field. I don't see why they should suddenly change the way they handle these things (updates).

Last edited:

It looks like they've, maybe, just maybe, perhaps, have finally learned their lesson. Remember when they made trailers FOR THE PATCHES? Seriously. I remember that. The less someone opens their mouth, the fewer chances a foot has to stick itself in there. Like saying Elden Ring doesn't have police chases, so why should you expect them in this game when there are other games that have done so for nearly two decades. It's best they keep quiet, regardless of what they do or how people respond.

I would like to understand the silence.
There was not only storm of hate on social media (which is still ongoing by numerous crazy individuals), but there were also issued legal actions and was started local government investigation + that dispute with Sony and also they (company) were hacked with stolen data in meantime. Imo they simply had no other option as to significantly change communication. I don’t like it too, but is good to keep in mind that for us it’s just a game (should be), something to have fun in free time… for them it’s something what make them money for living.

On twitter is every Sunday ongoing stream with Pawel Sasko (quest director) which not only plays the game, but also comments things etc. … imo it’s maximum they were allowed to do for us players (in regard to ‘additional’ communication).

Last edited:
I won't judge any behaviour on any side as childish, but asking over and over again for an update, while things seem to be still in the working, sounds at least very impatient to me. No offence to anyone here.
That would be right if the game was complete.
But in this situation, we are waiting for the game to be fixed for more than a n year.
We are not asking or demanding DLC, content... but only the game to be fixed as promised.

More than 1 year seems a good amount of time for asking question. Right?

It looks like they've, maybe, just maybe, perhaps, have finally learned their lesson. Remember when they made trailers FOR THE PATCHES? Seriously. I remember that. The less someone opens their mouth, the fewer chances a foot has to stick itself in there. Like saying Elden Ring doesn't have police chases, so why should you expect them in this game when there are other games that have done so for nearly two decades. It's best they keep quiet, regardless of what they do or how people respond.
Exactly my point.
Since they are not capable of mainteining schedule and promises, they just don't make one.
That's why if think it's childish, from a (supposed) triple A developer.
Never seen a serious company (not only gaming) acting like this.

Exactly my point.
Since they are not capable of mainteining schedule and promises, they just don't make one.
That's why if think it's childish, from a (supposed) triple A developer.
Never seen a serious company (not only gaming) acting like this.
Really? ... sigh. You obviously think that continuing social media hating crusade against CDPR here will have a long life. Good luck with that ...

It's kind of curious because... if they do what I and other "haters" want -- the game to be improved... It will make the game... better for you as well.

If the game stay as it is... who benefits of it?

It's kind of curious because... if they do what I and other "haters" want -- the game to be improved... It will make the game... better for you as well.

If the game stay as it is... who benefits of it?
I think this game will be improved because they, CDPR as a company, wants to. Nothing more nothing less.

Top Bottom