1 year with Cyberpunk 2077

+
EN_CP_Mosaic_2560x1440.png

It's been a year since the release. Thank you for all of the support and passion you've given us!

Here's to you!

I know that... it will sound like surreal fantasy to you, but... you, me, we as consumers... have power. It's non-written, and not officially enforcable, but such power does exist. Thanks to that power we can make companies NOT do what they want. Even if there is no law preventing them, or no law making them listen to us. We are not feudal peasansts, and those companies are not our feudal lords. They exist FOR us, not the other way around. One day you will understand.

Guest 3847602

It's kind of curious because... if they do what I and other "haters" want -- the game to be improved... It will make the game... better for you as well.

If the game stay as it is... who benefits of it?
Probably because the only 2 things players unanimously want and consider for improvement are:
1. less bugs
2. better performance
Everything else is wanted by some group of people and unwanted by other group.

I know that... it will sound like surreal fantasy to you, but... you, me, we as consumers... have power. It's non-written, and not officially enforcable, but such power does exist. Thanks to that power we can make companies NOT do what they want. Even if there is no law preventing them, or no law making them listen to us. We are not feudal peasansts, and those companies are not our feudal lords. They exist FOR us, not the other way around. One day you will understand.
They created product with large enough pool of satisfied players. They are therefore in position where may (but are not forced to) listen to players demands/wishes but it’s much less important as their own view of satisfied product. Thinking that players can force them to add some features (other as planned) bcs (dunno) is imo naive. Personally I believe that main priority for them now is technical side of the game. If there is more, then perfect, but it’s again their choice.

Christ, this is the most reddit thing I've read in a while.
Customers have one choice, and one choice only - either to buy a product, or not to buy it. This is the only way customers can influence anything - and even then, it's not a guarantee of a preferable outcome.
For example, if a game sold well, yet got negative reaction a company can either try and improve it or abandon it and move on to something else. There is little to no way you, me, or anyone else outside of their circle can influence this decision - there are multiple examples of games selling not so good (but still making money) and not getting post-release support in a meaningful way (like Mass Effect Andromeda), or even games selling REALLY well and getting nice publicity - but being abandoned simply because devs have decided it's not profitable enough (Total War: Three Kingdoms).
Company can either No Man Sky their project or they can Anthem it - it's entirely on them, on whether or not they care enough about their creation and whether or not they consider it to be an efficient business decision. The ball is in their court, they are in charge, it's entirely their call. And no amount of very brave posts on forums will change it.

Christ, this is the most reddit thing I've read in a while.
Customers have one choice, and one choice only - either to buy a product, or not to buy it. This is the only way customers can influence anything - and even then, it's not a guarantee of a preferable outcome.
For example, if a game sold well, yet got negative reaction a company can either try and improve it or abandon it and move on to something else. There is little to no way you, me, or anyone else outside of their circle can influence this decision - there are multiple examples of games selling not so good (but still making money) and not getting post-release support in a meaningful way (like Mass Effect Andromeda), or even games selling REALLY well and getting nice publicity - but being abandoned simply because devs have decided it's not profitable enough (Total War: Three Kingdoms).
Company can either No Man Sky their project or they can Anthem it - it's entirely on them, on whether or not they care enough about their creation and whether or not they consider it to be an efficient business decision. The ball is in their court, they are in charge, it's entirely their call. And no amount of very brave posts on forums will change it.
Until people don't want Hitman on GOG. All of a sudden an amount of brave posts on forums makes all the difference in the world.

So now we are arguing about what is easier to do? I thought that doing what "we the gamers" want was impossible entirely. What a turn of events indeed. :D
I never said it was impossible.
I sad that "you, the gamers" can only vote with a valet - but whether or not you will be listened to is outside of your control. And I don't even know what the hell Hitman has to do with updates and development of an entirely different game.

I never said it was impossible.
I sad that "you, the gamers" can only vote with a valet - but whether or not you will be listened to is outside of your control. And I don't even know what the hell Hitman has to do with updates and development of an entirely different game.
'Customers have one choice, and one choice only'

If you go to a public place and after a while you notice that people don't want to hang out with you, and after a while you are completely alienated by everybody... wouldn't you want to know... why? I mean... what did you do wrong? Is it something you wear? Or maybe it's the haircut? What is it that makes people not want to be near you?

Now, stretching that metaphor to products... wouldn't you want to know why people are unhappy about what you're selling? I mean... don't you want to know what makes people NOT want your product? So you can improve it? Because... people can tell you. Because buying and not buying is not the only choice here. All you have to do is ask. And listen.

Yes, that's what I said. Do you think if Hitman sold well on GOG, they would've pulled it because of bad reviews? Bad and good reviews don't generate income by themselves.
Doesn't really matter what I think and what I don't. Just wanted to point out your contradicting statements.

Because buying and not buying is not the only choice here. All you have to do is ask. And listen.
You can't force a dev. company to listen, sometimes, not even through purchases and sales. People had a lot of suggestions about how Andromeda or Anthem can be improved and expanded upon - it didn't help that much. Youtube videos with bug compilations and angry post didn't influence the outcome, unfortunately. CoD games get bad reviews every year, yet series persists - simply because the sheer amount of cash it generates and because owners of the IP only care about profits.
What I'm trying to say, is that no matter how passionate you, me, or anyone else gets on the internet, it all comes down to the decisions within the company. If decision makers there care about their customers, they will improve their work - and most likely do it even without the feedback. And if they dont, then nothing will change.
The reality of capitalism is that most of this decisions are made with money and profit margins in mind. However, in some cases, people in charge actually care - but again, that is totally their decision.
Doesn't really matter what I think and what I don't. Just wanted to point out your contradicting statements.
Okay, I concede this particular point - sometimes, when new Hitman game is involved, companies care not only about profits and sales, but also about publicity (which influences their profits and sales).
Edit: jokes aside, people behind GoG and people, who now work on Cyberpunk, are a bit different and most likely have different priorities.

Last edited:
You can't force a dev. company to listen, other than through purchases and sales. People had a lot of suggestions about how Andromeda or Anthem can be improved and expanded upon - it didn't help that much. Youtube videos with bug compilations and angry post didn't influence the outcome, unfortunately. CoD games get bad reviews every year, yet series persists - simply because the sheer amount of cash it generates.
What I'm trying to say, is that no matter how passionate you, me, or anyone else gets on the internet, it all comes down to the decisions within the company. If decision makers there care about their customers, they will improve their work - and most likely do it even without the feedback. And if they dont, then nothing will change.
The reality of capitalism is that most of this decisions are made with money and profit margins in mind.

Okay, I concede this particular point - sometimes, when new Hitman game is involved, companies care not only about profits and sales, but also about publicity (which influences their profits and sales).

Never got that many bugs with Anthem btw.

I mean... don't you want to know what makes people NOT want your product? So you can improve it? Because... people can tell you. Because buying and not buying is not the only choice here. All you have to do is ask. And listen.
Yeah you have the right to not like the game, to complain about it or to suggest improvements. But Devs/Studios have also the right to totally ignore them :)
Back on topic, great year with Cyberpunk anyway :cool:

I have three play troughs with this game and stopped playing back in September not long after patch 1.31. I left my character in his apartment and just came in once in a while to check up. I have just recently started again, but not so much to play the story this time, just to explore, run around and be stupid. Why? It's just outright fun! I do love this game despite the many issues we all may have about it.

So, yes, I'd like to give a big 'Thank You!' to the CDPR team. I now have logged 800 hours as of a few days ago.

I also do a lot of modding (in other games) and as soon as I get 'WolvenKit' figured out ( I just can't seem to get my head wrapped around this one for some reason) I want to make some of my own mods, re-texture some clothing items and possibly new clothing. I admit I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I am still trying.

Lastly, I recently purchased a new video card and am quite pleased at what this has done for the game.

I also do a lot of modding (in other games) and as soon as I get 'WolvenKit' figured out ( I just can't seem to get my head wrapped around this one for some reason) I want to make some of my own mods, re-texture some clothing items and possibly new clothing. I admit I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I am still trying.
Please don't.
The game is perfect as this state, so no need for any mod. :giveup:

My only regret now, was to shared mods on Nexus.
We take our own free times to develop and study mods, to fix the game for everybody.
But looking at this community, a lot of people frankly doesn't deserve it.

"Hi, I have this issue with the game..."
"It's the mods! You moded the game! You broke it yourself! Modder! Modder!" :D

Top Bottom