1 year with Cyberpunk 2077

+
EN_CP_Mosaic_2560x1440.png

It's been a year since the release. Thank you for all of the support and passion you've given us!

Here's to you!

It's funny because legitimate complaints here are being downplayed constantly or critics are being called haters.

And regarding my power as a paying customer: Yes, it's too late to vote with your wallet if you have already bought CP77 and didn't return it. But I think, based on comments during the last investor call, that CDPR are well aware that their reputation has turned to shit. They know that many people WILL vote with their wallets and not buy any expansions or new games if they don't do something to really improve the game and win back their trust. If the current-gen update and patch 1.5 don't significantly improve the game, they are fucked. 5 months without any updates, an empty roadmap...1.5 has to deliver. The update wil not satisfy everyone but has to contain so much new stuff and improvements that MOST players will at least feel like they are being listened to to some degree, otherwhise many will just stop caring.

And if the update really drops in Q1, it better be something special, because February is AAA month and people will have many other, shiny new games to play.

Finally exploded in the steam forums:

"Honestly, I don't know what people expected. It's one of the biggest maps in the world of video games, not to say the biggest, full of secondary quest, random robberies and gangs.
A complete campaign that can take you a week to finish with a more than competent story with some real choices and that at least tries to convey something.
Plus a more than decent soundtrack that fits the game and the atmosphere like a glove.
With the graphics and the RTX in Psycho mode there is simply no other game that is up to par graphically. It simply does not exist, do not look for it and leave your stories out, I know, i have them all.
And yes, it has bugs, we already know it. Vehicles drive like shoe boxes and there are no police chases...
If you had told me 9 years ago that a game like Cyberpunk could exist, I would have laughed because it would have seemed like an impossible milestone.
And here we are with the children of today saying day after day that it is the worst game ever created. I don't even know whether to laugh or cry.
We all agree that the work of the company and the marketing team leaves much to be desired, but that is not the fault of the programmers, voice actors, musicians and excellent writers that the game has."

Keep it civil.

Honestly, I have my grievances with the game, mostly with the world activities and some of the quest design choices, but overall I would say, that with all its flaws, its still one of the most memorable and impactful games I've ever played.
I just hope that CDPR will actually refine and improve it to its full potential and it won't end up being like Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines - great, but unfinished game.

Last edited:
With the graphics and the RTX in Psycho mode there is simply no other game that is up to par graphically. It simply does not exist, do not look for it and leave your stories out, I know, i have them all.

LULwhat? no other game is on par? :coolstory:. Many texture are low res (I even posted pics about it here on the forum). LOD and assets streaming are a joke (!!) and the cars are modeled with few polygons (too squared and raw, look like from a 10 years ago game). Not to mention the rain effects and water rendering/physic :facepalm:....
If these are your standards for absolute graphics, well, good for you, it's really, reeeally easy to make you happy.

PS: the list above is not "my story", but facts, period.

Last edited:
I also do a lot of modding (in other games) and as soon as I get 'WolvenKit' figured out ( I just can't seem to get my head wrapped around this one for some reason) I want to make some of my own mods, re-texture some clothing items and possibly new clothing. I admit I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I am still trying.

Lastly, I recently purchased a new video card and am quite pleased at what this has done for the game.

HUH? so the WolvenKit will work for CP2077 ? No known (undesired) repercussions?
Do you think I could work with the scripts in the game using it?
(I want to make a mod that randomly places cyberpsychos around wherever I am at once in a while.)

What card did you get (how much $ ?), I am keeping my eyes open for a new one. So far I have not needed a new one (I have a Nvidia GTX 970) but I am sure I will eventually. And the prices theses days are painfully WAY beyond what I remember paying for good ones when I got the 970.

LULwhat? no other game is on par? :coolstory:. Many texture are low res (I even posted pics about it here on the forum). LOD and assets streaming are a joke (!!) and the cars are modeled with few polygons (too squared and raw, look like from a 10 years ago game). Not to mention the rain effects and water rendering/physic :facepalm:....
If these are your standards for absolute graphics, well, good for you, it's really, reeeally easy to make you happy.

PS: the list above is not "my story", but facts, period.

Tell me a single game the size of the Cyberpunk map with better graphics, one. The game is absolutely gorgeous in 4k with HDR. Only RDR2 comes close.
Unless you want to discuss Unreal 5 demos not for sale or photorealistic quality games that are limited to a couple of rooms/ very limited open area...

Last edited:
Tell me a single game the size of the Cyberpunk map with better graphics, one. The game is absolutely gorgeous in 4k with HDR. Only RDR2 comes close.
Unless you want to discuss Unreal 5 demos not for sale or photorealistic quality games that are limited to a couple of rooms/ very limited open area...
Youi realize that CP2077 is not an architecture simulator, right?
We don't care how beauty the city is.....

And graphics? Pfff
There are a lot of really good games, with deep story, customization and gameplay with old graphics.

I don't care if a game is beautifull, but the gameplay is bad.
It's not a city simulator..... It's not SIm City :shrug:

I would just add from myself that CDPR killed Cyberpunk, not the bugs. They just don't want to add anything more to this game and they just wait until all game lovers will forget about it. It's been 14 months from the release and I'm still waiting for ANY game expansion after finishing the game 4 times...

you didn't talk about the size of the map, but about the graphics of the game itself, and it is neither the best out there nor one can say that is a photorealistic game, some games will look like real images with a passing glimpes, while there is not a single moment in cyberpunk that does not make it clear that it's a videogame.... cp2077 and photorealism are on two different plans with all that over saturated colour palette, and about RTX, well, when is maxed out is only the festival of gloom and glare not of the graphics quality! unnecessarily "amplified" effects are not graphic quality, but excesses that add nothing and, indeed, take away realism....even the simple clouds in the sky in CP2077 seem to be done as in games that are at least 10 years old ....
You can say that night city is beautiful, especially stylistically, and I would agree 100% with that, no shit, but that is not graphics qualiity, but a valid artistic direction. Low poly count for cars and buildings, plenty low res texure, indecent lod, rendering and animation of the water, that is graphics, technically speaking! and cyperpunk 2077 is definitely an "average" game in all those technical aspects (for example the water rendering and animation, compared with red dead redemption 2 is simply merciless, and we are talking about a game that has been released eons ago!)

Last edited:
you didn't talk about the size of the map, but about the graphics of the game itself, and it is neither the best out there nor one can say that is a photorealistic game, some games will look like real images with a passing glimpes, while there is not a single moment in cyberpunk that does not make it clear that it's a videogame.... cp2077 and photorealism are on two different plans with all that over saturated colour palette, and about RTX, well, when is maxed out is only the festival of gloom and glare not of the graphics quality! unnecessarily "amplified" effects are not graphic quality, but excesses that add nothing and, indeed, take away realism....even the simple clouds in the sky in CP2077 seem to be done as in games that are at least 10 years old ....
You can say that night city is beautiful, especially stylistically, and I would agree 100% with that, no shit, but that is not graphics qualiity, but a valid artistic direction. Low poly count for cars and buildings, plenty low res texure, indecent lod, rendering and animation of the water, that is graphics, technically speaking! and cyperpunk 2077 is definitely an "average" game in all those technical aspects (for example the water rendering and animation, compared with red dead redemption 2 is simply merciless, and we are talking about a game that has been released eons ago!)

Of course the map the size of the map will influence the graphics of a game. For starters i think you are confusing low poly models with 70's style grid cars. Personally I think that Cyberpunk looks like a cgi movie and that it doesn't look for photorealism in the artistic section.
On the other hand I have Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam, like anyone who loves video games, absolutely gorgeus game. That said the game is basically forests and plains while Cyberpunk is a huge city overflowing with npcs and vehicles, of course it can afford to make some graphic concessions like water.
You're still obsessed with lod or low-res textures when that's necessary for a game like this to work on most computers as of 2022.
I keep asking you to give me a game with Cyberpunk content and better graphics. Oh sure, it doesn't exist.

Of course the map the size of the map will influence the graphics of a game. For starters i think you are confusing low poly models with 70's style grid cars. Personally I think that Cyberpunk looks like a cgi movie and that it doesn't look for photorealism in the artistic section.
On the other hand I have Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam, like anyone who loves video games, absolutely gorgeus game. That said the game is basically forests and plains while Cyberpunk is a huge city overflowing with npcs and vehicles, of course it can afford to make some graphic concessions like water.
You're still obsessed with lod or low-res textures when that's necessary for a game like this to work on most computers as of 2022.
I keep asking you to give me a game with Cyberpunk content and better graphics. Oh sure, it doesn't exist.
First of all, no. The aesthetics of blocky architecture and vehicles design have nothing to do with it. Walk away a few steps and EVERYTHING will lose it's polygon count, because the engine can't handle its own graphical fidelity. And I'm not talking hundreds of meters, I'm talking 5m, sometimes even one step away. All of a sudden a round shaped bottle changes into a rectangle with a bottle texture around it.

Second of all, the city is not overflowing with anything. Not with the cars, not with the pedestrians, and definitely not with details. As mentioned above, the polygon count drops mere meters away from the player. The pedestrians take a bubble of what, 10m now, with all the "improvements" to game performance? Not to mention disappearing. Cars are not much better. I have RTX 3080 with Ryzen 5800x, play on all-SSD PC. Cars still load their textures as I look at them. Same with pedestrians and with anything else that has a texture on it. It's almost as bad as Rage from way back when.

Third, the game does indeed remind you that it's just a videogame all the time. With bugs. With glitches. With technical issues. I don't know another game except for Rage that shuffles textures and models within your field of view. That is not "photorealistic", that is "below level of quality of any other game except for one".

Fourth, Cyberpunk can "afford to make some graphics concessions"? That is "there is no police chases in Elden Ring" level of argumentation.

no at all, I know well that a 70/80's car is squared itself, but it's not the reason in this case, even the "bugatti" like car and other "fancy" cars are made with low poly models... Apart from that you can model better and with high poly count even a squared car like a "delorean" that will look way better than the same car modeled with 1/4 of polygons....
High res/detailed textures are not necessary? they basically cover everything you see in a game, and it's a contradiction itself that the "best graphics game" have low res texture (and low poly count/ lod etc), c'mon

Last edited:
cyberpunk should be playfully long as a sorcerer 3 why they cut this one I'd still enjoy it here sad as quests disappear and I have nothing more to do

First of all, no. The aesthetics of blocky architecture and vehicles design have nothing to do with it. Walk away a few steps and EVERYTHING will lose it's polygon count, because the engine can't handle its own graphical fidelity. And I'm not talking hundreds of meters, I'm talking 5m, sometimes even one step away. All of a sudden a round shaped bottle changes into a rectangle with a bottle texture around it.

Second of all, the city is not overflowing with anything. Not with the cars, not with the pedestrians, and definitely not with details. As mentioned above, the polygon count drops mere meters away from the player. The pedestrians take a bubble of what, 10m now, with all the "improvements" to game performance? Not to mention disappearing. Cars are not much better. I have RTX 3080 with Ryzen 5800x, play on all-SSD PC. Cars still load their textures as I look at them. Same with pedestrians and with anything else that has a texture on it. It's almost as bad as Rage from way back when.

Third, the game does indeed remind you that it's just a videogame all the time. With bugs. With glitches. With technical issues. I don't know another game except for Rage that shuffles textures and models within your field of view. That is not "photorealistic", that is "below level of quality of any other game except for one".

Fourth, Cyberpunk can "afford to make some graphics concessions"? That is "there is no police chases in Elden Ring" level of argumentation.

I dont have any of these assets streaming issues. Not a single one, and much less what you say about objects being pixelated one to five meters away. Lod is low without mods ofc. ADATA SSD M.2 Nvme Gen 4 only, OS and game, but i dont think thats the cause. I don't argue about bugs.

Last edited:
But are you really criticizing this effect in a blink of an eye when you move around or zoom in? Like for real? No "pixelation" for me.
But how much ram do you want the game to ask for, do you want to burn your PCs or what?
That is not at the level of Rage's pop in or even to make a fuss about it. This is definetively no asset streaming issue either.
I don't understand people anymore I don't know exactly how you want a game this big to work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom