+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
1_DAY_16-9_EN.png

Nice. The artwork here really reminds me of Akira.

I'm so damn excited to play this game. I've been binge-watching Cyberpunk 2020 lore videos on YouTube all week to refresh my memory.

Rhyzur

Forum regular
Cyberpunk 2077 finally comes today. I'm going to play some Diablo 2, get to bed around 8am, and I already got an alarm set for 15:30.

Guest 4211861

It's day 1, so where's that patch? My install sits at 59GB.

It's day 1, so where's that patch? My install sits at 59GB.
It's only the 9th. The 10th is Day 1. PST Time right now is 12:42am* though. I will be able to play it at 4pm my time on the 9th, but it will be midnight in London since I'm -8 hours.

Last edited:
What I want to know is how long will it take to download the Day One patch, how long before the game gets activated will it be available, and does GOG have the bandwidth to handle 1,000,000 people trying to download the patch simultaneously ?

What I want to know is how long will it take to download the Day One patch, how long before the game gets activated will it be available, and does GOG have the bandwidth to handle 1,000,000 people trying to download the patch simultaneously ?
It isn't just GOG. You have Microsoft Store, Sony, Epic, Valve, all spread out. Realistically, not everyone is going to be at their computers Johnny on the spot, either.

Nice. The artwork here really reminds me of Akira.

I'm so damn excited to play this game. I've been binge-watching Cyberpunk 2020 lore videos on YouTube all week to refresh my memory.
Yup, it sure does.
And something that amazes me about Akira is that, look at Kaneda's motorcycle, the manga came out in 1982...We're in 2020 and it doesn't even look outdated...In fact, it's better than that, the bike (and the manga as a whole, let's be honest here) is still used as inspiration for modern Cyberpunk and sci fi production to this day.

Katsuhiro Otomo is such a genius, honestly.

As much as I'd love to start playing at midnight, what I'll have to do is get the update downloading & then go to bed ..... At least that way I should be able to start it tomorrow morning, though! :coolstory:

Top Bottom