10 things I wanted Cyberpunk to have while we wait for Orion in 2028. (Not NG+)

+
10 things I wanted Cyberpunk to have while we wait for Orion in 2028. (If we are lucky....again.)

1. Repeatable Gigs and Events. (To expand End Game for a repeatable enjoyable experience.)

2. A North Oak Mansion. (Aka Dream End Game Home.)

3. Actual Survival Mode. (Aka you need to eat, drink and sleep or you will die.) (See 5 and 10)

4. Some random NPC have more interactions.... (aka you can talk to more people and have a friendly convo with.)

5. Punishment system, if you become too much a mass murderer, police will start disable food vendors and repossess your homes and cars.

6. More Actual In Game News and advertisements.

7. Witness cars races and gigs, your not a part of.

8. Take an flying car across town. (As a taxi.)

9. More Club interactions. (more reason to go to a club every night, like maybe you will be in a bar fight, or find a friend.)

10. More Food and drinks, including craftable food recipes.

That's... many other games... merged together.
They don't have to do all of this, even one thing would be enough to have players enjoy Cyberpunk again.

Really just need more stuff to do besides just losing everything and starting again.

Getting tired of joining a quick game only to just "look at a sunset."

I respect that. Personally, I feel a bit worried when I see those kind of expectations for a single player narratively led game, which for me, are more akin for either live service game - full disclosure, not a fan of at all - or survival games.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to have their own wish list.

I wouldn't be really interested by most of your "things", except two :
3. Actual Survival Mode. (Aka you need to eat, drink and sleep or you will die.) (See 5 and 10)
I might be interested by that, but only if it's well done and add something to the gameplay. I liked how it's done in Kingdom Come.
But if it's just throwing nourishment and thirst into the current game, it would be bad and "useless".
5. Punishment system, if you become too much a mass murderer, police will start disable food vendors and repossess your homes and cars.
Well... rather interested too. But more in this way :
If MaxTac show up, it's a death sentence no matter how "strong" V can be. Simple as that :)
------
Just two things :
- There is not really an "end-game" knowing that after the ending(s) you always respawn before the point of no return. So when the "story" is finished, the game is finished too, in theory (also most of players didn't finished the main story, so I'm not sure many players would be interested about stuffs which would extend the playing time).
- Then, I afraid most of your "things" will remain "wishes" and you will have to wait for Orion... Because CDPR already moved on to their next projects. Only few devs keep working on Cyberpunk and most likely on bug fixes to let the game as "bug free" as possible.

Something I see come up a lot on here is the idea this game "Has no endgame". But the thing is, It's not supposed to, It's a single player story driven game. It has a beginning a middle and an end (Multiple endings in fact) The idea is to replay and experience new endings if you want, OR to just finish and go "That was Cool" and move on to the next game.

I think we've become conditioned as gamers to expect endgame content, but that really only works in MMOs or Live-service, some games are just meant to end. But for some reason we expect $70 AAA games to last forever, which I get, a little. You want value for your money and SO many games are bloated with content now it's become the norm... IT just doesn't all need to be that....

Having said that. Some of these ideas are really good, especially stuff to enhance immersion in the world, That's the strength of this genre so more of that is always welcome more interactions, more locations, more optional dialogue and hangouts stuff to flesh out the world and characters is always good, Repeatable sandbox type stuff is cool too, It is an open world so the world should have stuff to do that's not just the story, this isn't really a sandbox game like a GTA, but having a little sandboxyness (yup I made that up) to it couldn't hurt especially gang or corp related stuff. But I don't see that as "Endgame" I see it as making the world alive. To me endgame is grindy stuff to keep progressing after finishing the story, which is cool in some games, but not needed everywhere.

I think we've become conditioned as gamers to expect endgame content
Not particularly.

However, I'm going to guess that the "Looter Shooter" aspects of CP2077 with all the random drops and random stats makes people think it's a looter game, in which "Endgame" content is the norm.

Likely also exacerbated by the fact that the ending doesn't end the game. You don't get a roll of credits and booted back to the main menu, instead you get put back into the game at an earlier point as if the game expects you to do something else after.

As far as suggestions and wishlists go... The game is currently finished in major development. What might get added are likely minor things (If at all) and bug fixes.

Suggestions and wishlists make more sense for Orion itself, which is in development and thus can have features implemented.

Likely also exacerbated by the fact that the ending doesn't end the game. You don't get a roll of credits and booted back to the main menu, instead you get put back into the game at an earlier point as if the game expects you to do something else after.

Hmm? That's optional. You're given the choice of loading the point-of-no-return save or returning to the main menu. I always pick the latter. Endings be ending the game for me always.

All I want. All i need is a better browser and Stock Market.
There is a mod for that but its made by 2 people. Its working its fun it eats up all my time and I can play it endlessly. But if it was official update or was included in Orion - it would be instant Buy for me.
A marketplace in game with option to to short or long stocks with some leverage? limit sells and buys? Price history for more than few hours? I would NEVER leave the game. Honestly I would never go outside and never cheat in any shape way or form (thank you CDPR for 1600 $ LEGENDARY hacks. Makes total sense CDPR).
Why play the game when you can play the market? Why fight Adam Smasher or some gangs when you can shove euro dollars down his throat - here you go merc, forget Arasaka! I own it - you are working for me now. President Mayers? Who is that? You see Garry? he is my man. Garry the prophet! I will pay for his presidency. Every add in town will be screaming Garry is our prophet ! in 2078. Crystal Palace? I will buy it and rename it Alpha centauri and ask Jinguji to make some reptilian costumes for the guests

Last edited:
I wouldn't be really interested by most of your "things", except two :

I might be interested by that, but only if it's well done and add something to the gameplay. I liked how it's done in Kingdom Come.
But if it's just throwing nourishment and thirst into the current game, it would be bad and "useless".

Well... rather interested too. But more in this way :
If MaxTac show up, it's a death sentence no matter how "strong" V can be. Simple as that :)
------
Just two things :
- There is not really an "end-game" knowing that after the ending(s) you always respawn before the point of no return. So when the "story" is finished, the game is finished too, in theory (also most of players didn't finished the main story, so I'm not sure many players would be interested about stuffs which would extend the playing time).
- Then, I afraid most of your "things" will remain "wishes" and you will have to wait for Orion... Because CDPR already moved on to their next projects. Only few devs keep working on Cyberpunk and most likely on bug fixes to let the game as "bug free" as possible.
I just don't know if Orion will be as "free roam" as Cyberpunk. Honestly could be an entirely different game at that point 4-5(to maybe 7) years from now.

Just thinking of ways the game could be for returning players in 2025 or 2026 (or whenever the next Cyberpunk anime exist)..... The world can change alot in just 4 years.

It's easy to lose an entire fanbase in that amount of time. (Alot of gaming companies seem to fail to understand this.)

And bugs never truely go away. (There will always be a bug somewhere.)

I just don't know if Orion will be as "free roam" as Cyberpunk. Honestly could be an entirely different game at that point 4-5(to maybe 7) years from now.
They announced that they will keep making "story-driven open world" games, if I remember. So I guess, Orion will be the same kind of game as The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk and likely the next Witcher game, i.e (solo) open world (RPG) with story as main point.
Beside, Cyberpunk have a fan base, I have no doubt players will be there for Orion. I will be there and I assume I won't be alone :)

CDPR has been pretty clear that at least as of right now, their main focus will be "Story Driven Open world games" as @LeKill3rFou previously pointed out.

I just wanted to add that they also mentioned adding multiplayer to their games and experimenting with other genres (Spin-offs etc....) But clarified that they believe in singleplayer story driven games and have no plans to abandon that just because they are branching out a little. They've also commented on Micro-transactions and several other "Industry trends" that they're not interested in.

I highly doubt that Orion is a huge departure from the formula that made CP2077 such a big hit. The game survived a massive failure of a launch tons of criticism and a multiple years long road to fixing the game and their reputation and the only reason it survived all of that is because under all the jenk and bugs and issues, was a great story, interesting characters and a beautifully crafted world, making a sequel that moves into something like a live service model or more traditional FPS(or any other genre really) would completely miss the point of what made the game worth sticking with in the first place. What would make the most sense is to expand on what they've already done and make a better version of it, not throw out the playbook and make something completely different.

They announced that they will keep making "story-driven open world" games, if I remember. So I guess, Orion will be the same kind of game as The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk and likely the next Witcher game, i.e (solo) open world (RPG) with story as main point.
Beside, Cyberpunk have a fan base, I have no doubt players will be there for Orion. I will be there and I assume I won't be alone :)
Yeah.....but again.... if devs are gonna end the updates.... I just wish they left us with a North Oak home at least. (Honestly I don't want to get back into the modding scene to "reward" my end game character.)

Changing colors on a single car is cool..... but rather just have a North Oak Home.

Yeah.....but again.... if devs are gonna end the updates.... I just wish they left us with a North Oak home at least. (Honestly I don't want to get back into the modding scene to "reward" my end game character.)

Changing colors on a single car is cool..... but rather just have a North Oak Home.
Yep, but it's "your" wish. I guess, there are as many wishes as there are players... Let's say they add a mansion in North Oak, personnally, I really don't care about having a home in North Oak (I bought once each apartment when they added them and I never bought one again... I'm fine with my the one I have directly^^) and I guess many won't care too or would prefer something else. It's endless.

Now, CDPR moved on, so I'm afraid you will have to get back into modding scene to reward your end game character :)

Edit : On side note, there is one thing I guess every player wish or hope, it's a "bug-free" game. So with the little ressources currently allowed to Cyberpunk, it would be better to try to fullfil this wish which for sure, will please the majority :)

Last edited:
I highly doubt that Orion is a huge departure from the formula that made CP2077 such a big hit. The game survived a massive failure of a launch tons of criticism and a multiple years long road to fixing the game and their reputation and the only reason it survived all of that is because under all the jenk and bugs and issues, was a great story, interesting characters and a beautifully crafted world, making a sequel that moves into something like a live service model or more traditional FPS(or any other genre really) would completely miss the point of what made the game worth sticking with in the first place. What would make the most sense is to expand on what they've already done and make a better version of it, not throw out the playbook and make something completely different.

Agreed. Especially since it seems they really found their sea-legs after restructuring the company and Phantom Liberty was the result. The jump in quality and consistency is really noticeable I think.

Agreed. Especially since it seems they really found their sea-legs after restructuring the company and Phantom Liberty was the result. The jump in quality and consistency is really noticeable I think.
To be fair, I don't know whether PL's success can be attributed to restructuring or to them just having more time and less scope to iron out the wrinkles and polish everything up. It's a great thing that they've still got it after all, in any case.

Top Bottom