10 Years of The Witcher forums - Contest Results

+
One thing that I'm curious @Keth and @Marcin Momot , How the distribuition of the prizes was made? First places won the bags, second places the t-shirts and so on? Just curiosity :D

Last edited:
Yeahhhh! Congrats everyone!

I will post my recipe: mahakam roast with sodden stew :) .

With you want to try it out here's the link to download the pdf recipe: https://mega.co.nz/#!NRkAhLxZ!BdiUhRFV_HgWY-XQJ4BGmLffevtrvin9Xl41S9Yx824

The recipe was based on Brazilian roasts and on the polonese Bigos :D

Parabéns mano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, seeing that, now I know why I couldn't win the T-Shirt...
I will post mine, but please don't laugh (¬_¬)

CONTEST 1 - MEAL:

Recipe for meat stew in red wine and tomato sauce.

INGREDIENTS

100 ml. red wine
1 kg. meat
6 large potatoes
1 onion
Garlic
6 carrots
2 bay leaf
Herbs (Depending on the tastes of diners)
Salt
200 gr. tomato sauce
A little olive oil and chopped parsley

RECIPE

Cut into large chunks, lean meat.
Peel and chop the onion, potatoes and carrots.
Put the slices of lean meat, bay leaf, herbs and wine in a deep pan with oil and chopped parsley and put the fire.
Add potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce to add flavour and colour, garlic and chopped onion.
When the meat begins to brown, pour enough water to cover.
When you take the meat 15 minutes a fire, aside and stir well so that all the flavors of the sauce mix.
Simmering.
Serve immediately to avoid losing heat.

ENJOY YOUR MEAL!!!

View attachment 6600

CONTEST 2 - POSTCARD:

View attachment 6601

CONTEST 5 - WAITING:

My little cat Triss Anikachi Merigold and me are going crazy!!!
This wait is like hundred hells XDDD

[video=youtube;PTvNHbn-e6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTvNHbn-e6c[/video]

And that's all, my friends....hahahahaha

Attachments

• WP_20140915_008.jpg
    WP_20140915_008.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 63
  • PostcardtoGeralt.JPG
    PostcardtoGeralt.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 87
@Cvrnda Your poem was awesome and put a smile on my face, same with your short story. I love the little Cyberpunk part in the poem, it's so true, And nice collection!

@ariate That looks really good, I'll definitely have to give that recipe a go.

@Sanamia Well I'm glad the liquid courage got you an awesome entry.The theme is perfect!

@majin_streater Hahahaha, it'd be awesome if the bearded elf lady returns in Witcher 3.

I will try your too. Your pie seens delicious! But I will never be able to carve the witcher medalion on the pie lol :D

Jupiter_on_Mars

Congrats to all worthy winners!

I especially look forward to checking the culinary entries.
So much nitpicking potential! :lol:
Fellas, would you kindly catch up with the 21st century and adopt metric weight units instead of volume/imperial? :teeth:

Them cakes look mighty tasty.

edit: @Sagitarii , pie looks scrumptious.

Last edited:
Congrats to all worthy winners!

I especially look forward to checking the culinary entries.
So much nitpicking potential!
Fellas, would you kindly catch up with the 21st century and adopt metric weight units instead of volume/imperial? :teeth:

Them cakes look damn tasty.

Yeah hahahaha. Gonna have to use my phone conversor. My recipe imperial system free by the way :D (we are standard here in Brazil. C°, metric system... hahaha)

Congrats too all people!
@shinobi2u That is amazing - you totally deserve the first prize! (I see we had a similar idea for the recipe style, I even wanted to use that font :p)
@Sanamia That's a great idea!
@ariate Bigos will always be welcome in the Witcher forums, good job.

Here is my entry,
I wanted to do much more than that, but honestly, I forgot about the contest and had to work quickly :D

Thanks, CDPR!

Last edited:
Congrats too all people!
@shinobi2u That is amazing - you totally deserve the first prize! (I see we had a similar idea for the recipe style, I even wanted to use that font :p) @Sanamia That's a great idea! @ariate Bigos will always be welcome in the Witcher forums, good job.

Here is my entry,
I wanted to do much more than that, but honestly, I forgot about the contest and had to work quickly :D

EDIT: I'm working on making the images smaller lol
Thanks :) . I thought: well, that's a polish game, a polish forum contest. Why not a polish based meal? :D

Amazing pie by the way. It seens my diet is at risk hahaha

Edit: You can upload the images to this site and resize them to 320x240 format :D http://postimage.org/?lang=english . Fast and you don't need to creat an login

Last edited:
WOW, I can't believe I won something! Thank you so much for having these contests, CDPR! :D Such a fun idea.

Awesome entries from everyone in here so far and I hope more people show theirs off! I only managed to enter the postcard contest, so I might as well post mine. :p

I even shrunk it down a bit more, so the quality is a bit terrible. D:

Last edited:
@Sagitarii Great mind think alike? ;) Love the presentation of your entry and it's making me hungry right now. Another for my recipe book to try sometime.

@LadyJuka That recipe looks really good, especially for as the weather starts getting cooler here. And your video was funny!

@Kaldea Awesome postcard and fantastic work! I see we are both drawn to Kaer Morhen. I figured it was either that or the ruined elven baths from Witcher 2 for me.

Last edited:
Ok, so here´s my entry for the meal contest.
Nothing too fancy, but it got me awarded!! :victory:

Igni meatballs

A fiery dish for Witchers to keep warm during those cold nights in the hunt for monsters!

Ingredients for a two-people meal (most of the quantities can be adjusted according to each person´s taste):
- 500 g of minced roast beef meat
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs
- Sunflower seed oil
- Garlic
- Tomato sauce
- Rice (2 tea cups)
- Black pepper
- Salt
- Sugar
- Chili powder
- Cumin

Place the minced meat in a bowl. Add the egg and some oil to the meat and enough breadcrumbs (a couple of handfuls should suffice) so that the meat binds together when given shape with your hands. Mix well the ingredients with your hands. Add salt, black pepper, cumin, crushed garlic and chili powder into the mixture according to your taste and mix the ingredients with your hands. Once the mixture is homogenous looking, shape it with your hands into balls, making them quite compact. The amount you´ll get depends on the size you give them.
Cover the meatballs with a thin layer of breadcrumbs and place them in a pan with some place in it. Fry them at high temperature for about 5 minutes rotating them from time to time, to make a crust with the breadcrumbs. Let them rest over absorbent paper afterwards.

Chop the onion into small pieces and crush some more garlic. Pour some oil into a metal pot, put it in the fire until it heats up and place the onion inside. After about 5 minutes add the crushed garlic for about a minute, and then the tomato sauce. Keep stirring the sauce while adding salt, black pepper and chili powder. The idea is for it to be quite spicy, but it of course depends on your taste. Also add a couple of teaspoons of sugar into the mix. You can also add some parsley, if you like it.
Once the mix is hot and spiced, add the meatballs and cover the pot. Let simmer for about half an hour (although it depends on the size you gave to your meatballs).

In another pot boil the rice for about 10-12 minutes, adding salt according to your taste. Once the rice is done, discard the water and add it into the pot containing the sauce with the meatballs. It may be necessary to add a bit more spices after your add the rice.
Mix it all together, and it´s ready to serve!

Attached pictures: The first one shows the pot with the sauce and the meatballs in it, while the second one shows the dish served (the balls may break down a bit when you serve them, as it happened to me!).

@Kaldea Awesome postcard and fantastic work! I see we are both drawn to Kaer Morhen. I figured it was either that or the ruined elven baths from Witcher 2 for me.
Thanks! And the elven baths were high up on my list too. :p I decided to go with something from TW1 since I felt more people would use screens from newer stuff. :)

Top Bottom