10 Years of The Witcher forums - Contest Results

+
Fish. Fish appear quite often in the witcher books. Mr. Sapkowski loves fishing and cooking. So my choice was rather obvious. This is Redanian-style Trout.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need:

• trout (obviously)
  • carrot
  • parsley root
  • piece of celery root
  • onion
  • butter (tea spoon)
  • table spoon of honey
  • red wine (dry)
  • raisins
  • lemon juice
  • lime juice
  • table spoon of apple jam (only home made)

Spices:

• allspice seeds
  • allspice (ground)
  • ginger (ground)
  • nutmeg (ground)
  • cinnamon (ground)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • pepper
  • salt

Stock
Put vegetables into pot, add water, allspice seeds, salt and bay leaves
Cook for about 30 minutes, medium heat
Get trout, add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Put into fridge
Filter stock and then put fish into the pot. Cook for 20-25 minutes (low heat).
When trout is ready, take it out, and filter your stock again,

Sauce:
Get saucepan, add butter, honey, wine and some stock.
Add spices: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger.
Cook to the point, when liquids will be significantly reduced
Add raisins, lime juice, apple jam. Cook for 2 minutes
Add salt and pepper if you wish.

Redanian style Trout you can put on the rice, which was cooked with saffron. Dish out with lime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This dish is based on the oldest Polish cookbook Compendium Ferculorum. It was written by Stanisław Czerniecki, chef of Aleksander Michał Lubomirski, voivode of Kraków in the late 17th century. That's how rich Polish nobility used to eat at that time. Fish dishes were common guests on their tables, because of Catholic fast days. That certainly wasn't food of common folk.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
If we all lived near by we could organize meet up. These days it's impossibru.

I was thinking about creating Witcher burger. Cut the bun to look like Witcher medialion but it wouldnt be "Witcher theme" Unless they have McDonald in Nilfgaard.

A meeting would be amazing, but... Yeah, my current $ituation is a little complicated hahaha

hahaha, I think it goes against Nilfgaardian sense of civilization lol

But you could aways buy a wheat bread, cut two slices and use them as the bun

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 91
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 90
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Oh wow!!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much CDPR for picking my entry as a winner! I worked for like 3 days on my entry so I really did want to win something. Now my spirit can rest easy, haha.

For my entry I baked Witcher themed cookies... I don't want to post all the pictures in this thread because there are too many and it will be spam-ish but I will upload them on my tumblr and post links on the thread later instead.

Buuuut as a sneak peak, here is a photo of the Iorveth cookie I made <3
View attachment 6630

I can't see them :(

OMG MARCIN MENTIONED ME IN A POST!?!?! *FAINTS*

Keheh-I-I mean, eh----

Ingredients:

Wyvern (Tuna) steak
course ground salt
course ground pepper
lemon
fresh garlic
fresh cilantro
butter
extra light olive oil

The How To:

Cut cilantro.
Zest lemon.
Mince garlic.
Coat Wyvern (tuna) with olive oil.
Season the steak with salt, pepper, lemon zest, garlic, and cilantro.
Preheat skillet.
Add a small amount of butter to skillet and melt.
Sear tuna steak on each side until done, time on each side depending on thickness of the cut.
Steam vegetables and rice for side dishes (optional).
View attachment 6653
View attachment 6654

This one I'm almost too embarrassed to post... I wanted to do something fancy in photoshop like some of you guys did, but I couldn't find the time to make it work.
View attachment 6655
'Geralt,

I've finally gotten the chance to visit the Lady of the Lake's alter outside the Murky Waters village. The lakeside was truly beautiful! I spent an entire afternoon there watching the sun go down and an entire morning watching it rise the next day. I've heard tale of being able to visit the Lady Herself there, but I was only fortunate enough to visit with a Vodyanoi priest and a Naiad. Both were pleasant, although I couldn't make heads or tales of what the Vodyanoi priest was actually trying to say...

There was also an old man, someone who lived nearby referred to him as the Fisher King, he lent me his boat to visit Black Tern Island, but I didn't find Her there, either. I did happen upon something else interesting... Dagon's altar. I've always been skeptical of your alleged encounter with Dagon, but after visiting His altar... Well, there seemed to be something about the place, something in the air. I felt like I was being watched! As much as I'd love to see Her, I don't know that I will ever return to that place again...

Maybe it's time I just took your word for it. OR, perhaps if you'd join me on my next journey there, since you know the Lady so fondly, you could introduce us! Here's to hoping!

Your friend,
Lyfia'

Yeah, I know, I'm a right proper dork....

Thank you...

And also, some of these meals look amazing! I'm going to have to gather these up! Congrats to the other winners!!

Attachments

• WyvernMeat.jpg
    WyvernMeat.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 58
  • CookedWyvern.jpg
    CookedWyvern.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 68
  • LadyotLake.jpg
    LadyotLake.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom