+

sw333

Forum regular
My pc:
Seasonic PRIME TX-850 80Plus Titanium 850W
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming ( 2x8 pin , 2 separate cables )
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I dont know i am gettin only 60-65 fps in crowdy areas with 1440P ,RT ULTRA,DLSS QUALITY on Rtx 3090 gb gaming stock and 10850K stock.

When someone with same settings have 85fps with Rtx 3090 and 11900K. Look:
2:40 minute:

I tried updating drivers. When he have 83fps on the same settings i have 63fps there.

Ah, I've seen this before. The fix is quite easy. You need a fresh install, unfortunately. Uninstall Cyberpunk. That's it. Uninstall Cyberpunk, play something else or go outside, then wait for the next patch and consider reinstalling it when it's in a better state. Seriously. I've decided to torture myself by getting back into modding after being gone from the game entirely since last February/March.

It's better than launch,...kind of, but it is still bug after bug after bug. No mods installed, simply testing my own and removing then retesting the base game - crash after crash. I may just delay any mod work until the next patch. All this with higher specs than yours. The game is simply not ready.

OOOOOki but someone have 20 fps more than me?
You can try a fresh reboot. That may get you an hour or two of decent play time. Game really shouldn't be played in long sessions anyway, it's not healthy. Technically speaking; Gaming for a long period of time will almost always drag performance down, memory leak is known issue in this game and seemingly endemic of open world games.

Last edited:
Could be several things. Those temps seem suspect tbh, 30 c on gpu memory on a 3090 is very low. Even me with watercool block on my memory have 60c+. the clockspeeds are very high too, 2160 mhz is doable but not at 30c without some really extreme cooling -.-

sw333

Forum regular
someone have the same fps like me here: 63fps .Same settings. So dunno why that guy had 83 fps there.
3090 and 10900K, 51:26 minute
GOOD :)

Im guessing his clockspeeds are way higher then yours. Since hes temps is low and his OC is so high it has too be liquid nitrogen or some water chilling thing. 2160 mhz and 30 c is just not possible in Cp2077 without some very custum stuff. pulls only 430w too. yea something is off with that video

sw333

Forum regular
Im guessing his clockspeeds are way higher then yours. Since hes temps is low and his OC is so high it has too be liquid nitrogen or some water chilling thing. 2160 mhz and 30 c is just not possible in Cp2077 without some very custum stuff. pulls only 430w too. yea something is off with that video
you re right
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for help and replies. I go sleep now. But feel free to discuss. I will read when i woke up. Good night to all :)

Last edited:
My pc:
Seasonic PRIME TX-850 80Plus Titanium 850W
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming ( 2x8 pin , 2 separate cables )
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

There are several factors that could result in worse performance than the one you are seeing in the video:
  • The guy in the video cools both sides of his cards front and back and in doing so is able to push the clocks to 2.1GHz. Remember that the official boost clock for the 3090 is 1695MHz ([1]). While it will probably clock higher many 3090s sit around 1.8MHz unless you have adjusted the curve. Given you have a 2x8 pin card and most enthusiast 3090s have three, I assume your card runs at 1.8MHz, so 15% less.
  • Have a look at your memory junction temperature, GDDR6X gets extremely hot and your card might be thermal throttling when playing Cyberpunk 2077.
  • DDR4 3000 MT/s is not particularly fast anymore unless you have really tight timings. Thus, your memory speed could also be holding you back to a certain degree
  • (Don't know much about the 10800K, but 10 cores at 5.2GHz is very likely fine)

You can try a fresh reboot. That may get you an hour or two of decent play time. Game really shouldn't be played in long sessions anyway, it's not healthy. Technically speaking; Gaming for a long period of time will almost always drag performance down, memory leak is known issue in this game and seemingly endemic of open world games.
I don't know man, at this point people are blaming the game even though the culprit is something else. I have played Cyberpunk 2077 since launch and I haven't experienced any issues that resulted in it needing a reboot or frequent crashes. In fact, I only experience a handful of crashes and this was when I was using Cyberpunk 2077 to verify my custom curve for my GPU. Thus, crashes are to be expected and the game is not to blame for that.

Granted, there are still bugs in the game, but there were more at launch and the game is getting better with each and every patch. Also, if Cyberpunk 2077 was unplayable after an hour it wouldn't have seen an increase in player on Steam. However, Cyberpunk 2077 is a demanding game and I've also experienced this first hand while I was adjusting said curve. I didn't have any problems running Time Spy Extreme and Port Royale for hours but Cyberpunk 2077 crashed after three minutes and I had to readjust the curve.

I don't know man, at this point people are blaming the game even though the culprit is something else. I have played Cyberpunk 2077 since launch and I haven't experienced any issues that resulted in it needing a reboot or frequent crashes. In fact, I only experience a handful of crashes and this was when I was using Cyberpunk 2077 to verify my custom curve for my GPU. Thus, crashes are to be expected and the game is not to blame for that.

Granted, there are still bugs in the game, but there were more at launch and the game is getting better with each and every patch. Also, if Cyberpunk 2077 was unplayable after an hour it wouldn't have seen an increase in player on Steam. However, Cyberpunk 2077 is a demanding game and I've also experienced this first hand while I was adjusting said curve. I didn't have any problems running Time Spy Extreme and Port Royale for hours but Cyberpunk 2077 crashed after three minutes and I had to readjust the curve.
All power, VRAM usage, and temperature measurements are within nominal ranges, my card (3080Ti) also benches on the higher end in comparisons, this is without overclocking. I'll grant you that constantly reconfiguring settings seems to have a history of ticking off Red Engine games, according to people who have experience with past CDPR titles.

As for bugs; There seems to be a peculiar level of variance among players. I still get the T-posing, vanishing clothes, NPCs driving vehicles. I called up my vehicle and it promptly fell through the world - leaving behind the driver and driver side passenger doors standing upright on freeway. NPCs walking through the air. Two amazing, brand new bugs for me are: ALL the police have become permanently hostile to me and shoot on site as if CDPR actually integrated a warrant system...even though I don't have a wanted status and there are areas around the world where the occlusion boxes inside NPC vehicles vanishes and solidly illuminates the interior if I get within roughly two meters. This all in a brand new character on a fresh install, as I wanted to avoid any issues from past save files.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I dont know i am gettin only 60-65 fps in crowdy areas with 1440P ,RT ULTRA,DLSS QUALITY on Rtx 3090 gb gaming stock and 10850K stock.
When someone with same settings have 85fps with Rtx 3090 and 11900K. Look:
2:40 minute:
[~MEDIA=youtu...
I tried updating drivers. When he have 83fps on the same settings i have 63fps there.
As others have pointed out, the guy in the video has heavily overclocked his system. however, I think that 70 FPS should be possible with some optimization and moderate overclocking. I've just tested driving around that area at 1440p Ultra_RT, and it did not drop below 60 FPS. When not moving, I get approx. 80 FPS.
1440p_80FPSjpg.jpg
[5950x ; 3090]

All power, VRAM usage, and temperature measurements are within nominal ranges, my card (3080Ti) also benches on the higher end in comparisons, this is without overclocking. I'll grant you that constantly reconfiguring settings seems to have a history of ticking off Red Engine games, according to people who have experience with past CDPR titles.
I have the same, still hade alot of crashes when using some software/tweeks too my cpu/memory/gpu. Runs fine in everything else but this game and witcher 3. Dunno if its something in Red. Seems it just dont like some overlays/tweeks and OC even if stable in other stuff.

With those things disabled it works fine tho so. The odd visual glitch and sometimes low fps in some areas but last i played it ran okish.

As others have pointed out, the guy in the video has heavily overclocked his system. however, I think that 70 FPS should be possible with some optimization and moderate overclocking. I've just tested driving around that area at 1440p Ultra_RT, and it did not drop below 60 FPS. When not moving, I get approx. 80 FPS.
View attachment 11274865
[5950x ; 3090]
I did some testing quite some time ago and i got around that fps too on my 3090. Think i even hade psyco settings on RT but i OC some too. Seems the OPs card is a 2 power plug with limited power draw tho so might be hard too get a stable OC especially in this game (only game i se maxxed out 480w draw in)

So why i have only 60-65 fps with ultra rt and dlss quality on 1440P in crowd areas on street? Is this normal?

Maxed out CP on quality DLSS is supposed to have that much on alike hardware (see mine). I don't recall the number, kinda 100-ish in 1080p. I had 80-ish without DLSS in 1080p.

In short, it's playable even at 80 fps.

Perhaps overclocking could give you more, but I (as an overclocker) prefer to save my hardware and keep them on stock for CP. Competitive shooters is where I like the added boost, but even 80 vs. 120 fps in CP is kind of meh difference. You can use NV performance readings to tell you what bottlenecks you. In my case, it is the GPU (98-99%), while CPU is at a wobbly 30-60% of utilization on stock or so.

PC, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, 2004; M12E, i9-10900K, Asus 3090 Gaming Strix OC, G.Skill 32 GB RAM 3733 MHz CL14; PG259QN; AE-9

So why i have only 60-65 fps with ultra rt and dlss quality on 1440P in crowd areas on street? Is this normal?
Probably its normal. That video was an extreme case. Aslong as you have 95%+ usage on the gpu and not 100% usage on cpu its fully normal. When the game released i got around 60 fps at 4k with psyco settings with balanced dlss. now i have too lower it too dlss preformance for the same fps.

Which isn't something bad, just how the RED Engine works in my opinion given that any kind of overclocking always has the chance of causing crashes and other abnormal behaviour.

As for bugs; There seems to be a peculiar level of variance among players. I still get the T-posing, vanishing clothes, NPCs driving vehicles. I called up my vehicle and it promptly fell through the world - leaving behind the driver and driver side passenger doors standing upright on freeway. NPCs walking through the air. Two amazing, brand new bugs for me are: ALL the police have become permanently hostile to me and shoot on site as if CDPR actually integrated a warrant system...even though I don't have a wanted status and there are areas around the world where the occlusion boxes inside NPC vehicles vanishes and solidly illuminates the interior if I get within roughly two meters. This all in a brand new character on a fresh install, as I wanted to avoid any issues from past save files.
My comment was more related to bugs that required and T-posing is not one of them. That being said, there are other bugs you have mentioned that may need a restart and the police thing is truly annoying, I grant you that. While I didn't have that one, I haven't played the game much since 1.3 due to a hiatus.

As I've mentioned, have a look at the things I have mentioned and verify that everything is within normal ranges.

Which isn't something bad, just how the RED Engine works in my opinion given that any kind of overclocking always has the chance of causing crashes and other abnormal behaviour.

My comment was more related to bugs that required and T-posing is not one of them. That being said, there are other bugs you have mentioned that may need a restart and the police thing is truly annoying, I grant you that. While I didn't have that one, I haven't played the game much since 1.3 due to a hiatus.

As I've mentioned, have a look at the things I have mentioned and verify that everything is within normal ranges.
In other games my fps comparing to others are ok. Also i dont have overheating issues. Also 3dmarks scores are within range.

No way overclocking a 3090 gets from 60 to 80fps.Obviously something else that's different. Not sure what.

Last edited:
another of his videos. Guess i was right. Very custum pc with waterchiller so it can get overclocked like crazy, cpu is pulling 300w apperantly if you check the rest of his videos. Compare your clockspeeds with his and you will have your answer...

another of his videos. Guess i was right. Very custum pc with waterchiller so it can get overclocked like crazy, cpu is pulling 300w apperantly if you check the rest of his videos. Compare your clockspeeds with his and you will have your answer...
20 fps is very big difference ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom