11 Witcher facts for 11 years of The Witcher!

+
Triss' Witcher 2 design remains one of the best they've ever done. It set her apart from the other sorceresses.

Witcher Fact #5

Designing a botchling for The Witcher 3 was quite a challenge for our concept artists. In the end they nailed it, but check out some of the other ideas for its look!

What were the reasons that these concepts weren't taken into further development? Was it because of simplicity being easier to model for 3D modeling team? Because I personally enjoy some of these and would have liked to have them developed further, since the current end product looks very simplistic and feels as if it has something missing visually.

My guess would be that they opted to keep her look as reminiscent as possible to her appearance in TW1. She is a minor character, after all (despite the fan following ;)).

Witcher Fact #5
...but check out some of the other ideas for its look!

Hahaha -- the centipede one is great:

Geralt and the baron hold their ground. The botchling skitters forward on many legs. It curls up on a mushroom and considers them for a time, pulling thoughtfully at its water-pipe. It exhales a puff of thick smoke, asking, "Who are you?"

Witcher Fact #6

Philippa Eilhart’s gaze is truly hypnotizing. Before she covered her eyes with a scarf in The Witcher 3, the woman known as “Jewel in the Court at Tretogor” would attempt to bring back her sight with the use of none other than jewels. Thus, her eye sockets would carry gems as seen on some of these early artworks.

Sweet Jesus, that is horrifying. Imagine if Radovid saw that, he would have died from a heart attack.

The one in the bottom left corner, and the one in the top right corner are like straight out of a horror movie. :eek:

I'm glad she wears that scarf in the game!

Interesting. As I recall, there's still a stained agate, lying around somewhere in her hide-out, which may have been used in this endeavour. This could correspond to the lower left image, which disturbed @Draconifors so.

Witcher Fact #7

Hearts of Stone introduces two vanity items for Geralt. One of them is The Professor’s spectacles bought at Borsodi’s auction house during the Open Sesame! quest. The other — Ass ears — can be received if Geralt loses the game of Gwent with halflings at the wedding reception during Dead Man’s Party. Very late in production we realized that Geralt should be able to wear both of these items simultaneously. This is why, after you finish both quests, you can go to the circus troupe camp to find a crafting recipe for Concealment kit, combine the spectacles and ears into one item and let Geralt conceal his true identity.

Haha, going to have to try that once I get to Hearts of Stone.
I had no idea the items could be combined...but then again, I think I've gotten the ears exactly once. :p

You know what would be a funny Witcher 3 challenge? Doing a full NG+ playthrough in which Geralt wears nothing but a towel, and that "disguise" in the picture.

Witcher Fact #8

The amount of soup in the pot when dining with the Spoon Collector in Blood and Wine reflects the amount of soup actually eaten during this scene. The level of soup is thus dependant on player’s dialogue picks — true definition of choices and consequences!

Top Bottom