11 Witcher facts for 11 years of The Witcher!

+
I lol'd when Geralt puked at the end of that cut scene :D
I love your attention to detail, CDPR. :thumbsup:
I'm hoping CP2077 will have the same touches that show the same amount of love that's put into developing the game.

Oh and maybe TW1 escaped my attention. Don't treat 'her' as a forgotten stepchild :cry:

Last edited:
Witcher Fact #9

For The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we were testing a gameplay feature called Focus Mode. The goal of this mechanic was that Geralt would be able to use one of his abilities to see insides of any monster, target them and and then cut with great precision. Unfortunately, it was the feature itself that did not make the cut…

So an advanced form of x-ray vision? Would certainly have made Geralt even more of a force to be reckoned... but I feel I prefer the feature itself having been cut.
I bet it would have been cool, though. :D

Geralt is staring at a bandit, who, unaware of the full extent of the danger that the witcher poses, is shouting taunts at his foe.
Geralt spots the brigand's heart, targets it, quickly approaches... and slashes with his steel sword, with extreme precision. The foolish outlaw's life ends before he can do more than swing his axe towards the spot where the witcher's head was a fraction of a second earlier.

That's a pity, it would have reflected the witchers' expert knowledge of anatomy which is part of the reason why they're such efficient killers. I also heard somewhere that monsters were supposed to have weak spots that could be targeted to either weaken them, disable their abilities or kill them instantly but that feature wasn't included either in the end.

Hey, I remember that! Yea, pity it didn't make... it in. ;) I was looking forward to learning more about monster anatomy aside from what we've got in the (too few) corpse examination scenes.

Witcher Fact #10

If you complete pig-chasing contest during Dead Man’s Party quest in Hearts of Stone, your reward is a pig plushie for Shani. She clearly loves it and we can later see it laying in her bed indicating that she might be sleeping with it... It’s also among the first things she packs when moving.

Witcher Fact #11

Below you can see some Zerrikanias and Dol Blathanna Elves concept arts for The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings. In the end they didn’t make the final cut, but the elves legacy lives on — these concepts heavily influenced Triss’ alternative outfit from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Those Witcher 2 concepts are bloody amazing. Shame we never got to the Elven kingdom. CDPR make sure we do in the future Witcher games. ;)

I also remember learning that I can win a plushie for Shani, just loaded my save worthy of couple of dozens of hours to replay that quest. Twas worth it.

Hmmm...a "Sniper Elite" type of thing with swords. That would have been...gratuitous...

...and AWESOME.

I wish I could have played the first two Witcher games. I would love to get all the backstory through playing than looking it up all online.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Witcher Fact #11

Below you can see some Zerrikanias and Dol Blathanna Elves concept arts for The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings. In the end they didn’t make the final cut, but the elves legacy lives on — these concepts heavily influenced Triss’ alternative outfit from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Gorgeous stuff.

Top Bottom