12th March 2020 - Can't Mill my duplicate cards anymore

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I’m the only one with the problem! Guess we’ll have to wait until the patch is live

I thought I’m the only one with the problem! Guess we’ll have to wait until the patch is live
This is done as a temporary fix for the problem with auto-mill that all duplicates of non-premium cards were getting milled, thereby preventing saving duplicates for transmutation to premium later. The bad implementation of auto-mill should be blamed as root cause of this temporary fix.

hi, i am new in the Forum and cant open a new thread. my Problem is that i dont get the "mill window" anymore when i open my Collection. the window that my Cards automatically got milled.

i have many Cards in my Collection more than 2 times and now i dont have a mill button anymore. what should i do ? i dont want to mill every Card manually.

thanks for help in Advance ! sorry for bad englando

Have we received word on how CDPR plans on updating the auto-mill feature? I understand why it was removed, but I haven't heard about how it'll be reimplemented. Will there just be a direct button to auto-mill duplicates, or will we be able to set up specific filters/card caps?

Have we received word on how CDPR plans on updating the auto-mill feature?
Yeah, they want to make it so that it's everywhere. Deck builder, keg opening.

By the end of the month there will be an update that will change the system to only automill cards that are truly extras; extra premiums and also non-premiums you wouldn't be able to transmute anyway. So, it will keep 2 non-premium Bronzes and 1 non-premium Gold as long as you don't already have premium versions of those cards.

(18:00 mark here)

They only announced this change on Twitter?! Why didn't they even think to announce something so important on their own forums?

I noticed the auto-mill notice window had gone from the Deck Builder, but didn't know if I'd accidentally clicked the "Don't Show This again". I was trying to figure out what had happened, because at least the notice told me how many scraps I'd got after milling spare cards. Then I just happened to spot that I had more than two copies of several bronze cards I'd got from kegs today, and that's when I realised Auto-mill must have been disabled.

This is really poor communication! Not all players use Twitter, or follow CDPR (I do but that tweet never appeared in my timeline).

Yeah, they want to make it so that it's everywhere. Deck builder, keg opening.

By the end of the month there will be an update that will change the system to only automill cards that are truly extras; extra premiums and also non-premiums you wouldn't be able to transmute anyway. So, it will keep 2 non-premium Bronzes and 1 non-premium Gold as long as you don't already have premium versions of those cards.

(18:00 mark here)

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! I kept meaning to watch the stream, but I never got around to it, so that's really helpful to know.

That could be because Twitter, by default, shows you the "top stories" or whatever the term they use is. I never saw that tweet either until I switched the feed to show stuff in chronological order.
Perhaps, but I thought I'd fixed that ages ago. Will check next time I log in.

Anyway, the main point is that, after the high volume of negative feedback CDPR received here on the official forum regarding auto-mill, they should have announced the removal of auto-mill here on the forum too (especially because of the need to now manually find each card that can be milled because they didn't restore the "mill spare cards" button in the Deck Builder) .

EDIT: just checked the Red Tracker and there's still no announcement from CDPR on their own forum! I thought they said they were gong to improve their communication?!

Anyway, the main point is that, after the high volume of negative feedback CDPR received here on the official forum regarding auto-mill, they should have announced the removal of auto-mill here on the forum too (especially because of the need to now manually find each card that can be milled because they didn't restore the "mill spare cards" button in the Deck Builder) .

EDIT: just checked the Red Tracker and there's still no announcement from CDPR on their own forum! I thought they said they were gong to improve their communication?!

Just because some people online are against it doesn‘t mean that everyone is. And you can‘t expect them to immediately change it back back. While agree that it needs to work properly for everyone, I don‘t dislike the feature. I‘m sure it will get better eventually. We‘ll see what happens.

Just because some people online are against it doesn‘t mean that everyone is. And you can‘t expect them to immediately change it back back. While agree that it needs to work properly for everyone, I don‘t dislike the feature. I‘m sure it will get better eventually. We‘ll see what happens.
Yes, I saw in the responses in the patch thread that some players were okay with it. I don't collect multiple copies of cards cos I need all the scraps I can get, so the auto-mill function didn't have a negative effect affect on my collection - so I'm certainly not one of the players who is expecting CDPR to "immediately change it back back" (don't know here you got that idea from!).

But many players are vehemently opposed to the change, and not happy about the lack of any warning for it - and that's one reason why the subsequent removal of auto-mill should have been announced here on the forum.

As a player who made very frequent use of the "Mill spare cards" button in the Deck Builder (as many others did, I'm sure), I would have appreciated such an announcement in the forum (preferably a notice in the game too) to say that the auto-mill had been removed AND that players would need to look for their spare cards and manually mill them until the issue is fully resolved (I'm okay with this as a temporary measure - but I needed to be made aware of it rather than wonder if the game was bugged!!). Just announcing it on Twitter isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Literally no big deal. I mill my cards one by one already anyways. They should just give players a choice to turn on\off auto mill and they should also keep the mill spare cards button. It makes me question the integrity of this feature? Why do they so desperately want to control auto mill and powder growth! Is it so they can rip us off and give us less scraps under the radar so hopefully players can't keep track of the millings? CDPR stop with the slimey tactics I get that you want to make money with gwent but this isn't the proper way to do it. You should make cards less expensive and focus on premiums and cosmetics as the pricey things in your game. The toxic under handed ripping off players will only drive away your fanbase. The game Is generous but no one buys kegs cause they are an overvalued rip off. I mean thirty dollars in kegs doesn't even net that much scraps and your lucky to get a few legendary cards. Might as well lower the price of your kegs seriously. Most of them contain dupes. Ouch!

Did they get rid of scrapping??? This is now the 12th keg and I didn't get any scraps for duplicates??? what is going on?? I'm pretty much a beginner so i need the scraps to craft cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom