13th DLC - "Where The Cat And Wolf Play"

+
Before you all go nuts with your whacky (but fun ) CTs, how about the obvious... they ran out of time polishing the 14th DLC, and didn't want to release it as is and watch the forums explode with the rage of a thousand denied gamers.

Nah, too simple....

No, CDProjekt has lied and must be called out for giving us only 1 piece of free DLC!

Fucking hell, some people here have no shame.

No, CDProjekt has lied and must be called out for giving us only 1 piece of free DLC!

I don't understand, are they not gonna release all 16 eventually and is it not this simply a matter of release choices and/or technical issues?

---------- Updated at 01:23 PM ----------

WOW!
Boring.

Still doesn't add anything to re playability value.

Thanks for the free DLC, though I'd rather see CDPR release some information about the two upcoming expansion + any planned expansion beyond that two + mystery surrounding the status of enhanced edition. There's so many things CDPR will have to do to justify the ending of Geralt's sega.
None of the free DLC were ever meant to do that.
What do you mean by replayabiity issues? A Game+ option or post-ending jibberygook?

Are you serious? You're mad that you're getting free dlc. What is wrong with gamers. I've been putting witcher 3 on the back burner to wait for patches and dlc. What other game has given out 16 free dlcs after launch?

---------- Updated at 02:51 PM ----------

Keep in mind this isn't EA. Released Jaws of Harkon only to give us armor and mounts for 5 more bucks related to the expansion. LoL

I don't understand, are they not gonna release all 16 eventually and is it not this simply a matter of release choices and/or technical issues?

---------- Updated at 01:23 PM ----------

None of the free DLC were ever meant to do that.
What do you mean by replayabiity issues? A Game+ option or post-ending jibberygook?

I said value, not issue.
There's no issue with re-playability. The issue - if you do even care - is the empty world state (aka. pre-ending) and the broken immersion.

I welcome NG+ option as an addition for those dedicated fans out there. Why not? Re-playability means you can play the game over and over again without breaking the immersion (the immersion is only broke when you get bored of the game) or you want to enjoy the thrill of the combat system so it's a subjective matter.

But because of the two issue I mentioned earlier, I doubt if people are willing to go for a second play-through (since the immersion is already broken) if they want to understand more about the story. Second play-through goal/satisfaction would only stem from killing monsters and doing Witcher contracts.

But considering how messed up Act 3 onward is, I doubt any free DLC would do any good to fix the lackluster ending all the way up until the epilogue, so you have a point there.

I really don't get why people around me keep jumping to conclusions that it's about Ciri. Apart from the medallion there's pretty much nothing that makes her a Cat (either by style, manners or else. She doesn't even call herself like that, and neither do others)

"Where the Swallow and Wolf play" would make more sense in that case (since her callsign seems to be Swallow or Zirael in elder speech). But my bet is on another witcher from the Cat School. Brehen maybe?

There's no issue with re-playability. The issue - if you do even care - is the empty world state (aka. pre-ending) and the broken immersion.
Re-playability means you can play the game over and over again without breaking the immersion (the immersion is only broke when you get bored of the game) or you want to enjoy the thrill of the combat system so it's a subjective matter.

I'm not quite sure I follow your logic. By this line of reasoning would you say the game cutting to black right after the epilogue, with no possibilty at all to continue playing, would have been better?

By all means, yes!

Ok so the entire postend massive freakout is unneeded. Just either:
a)ask for (optional) removal of the post ending world completely
b).... stop playing and go on about your business? Start a new game?

Unless... you have already "noticed" so you couldn't "fool yourself" but then the argument about re-playability (weird choice of word for this value-related issue), angled in such terms of more or less disappointment, would mean making changes (and asking for them) to the endworld after you and 99% of player have already experienced this alleged let-down, moot.
It'd only be an improvement, again, from that specific angle, for new players only.

Or, you should be fine with options a) and especially b).

I don't see what all the fuss is about i have replayed both the witcher 1 and 2 more times then i can count there great games and so is the witcher 3 wild hunt i can see many more replays but I still want my storage chest and new game plus but am willing to hold off on those so CDPR can make it right

Ok so the entire postend massive freakout is unneeded. Just either:
a)ask for (optional) removal of the post ending world completely
b).... stop playing and go on about your business? Start a new game?

Unless... you have already "noticed" so you couldn't "fool yourself" but then the argument about re-playability (weird choice of word for this value-related issue), angled in such terms of more or less disappointment, would make changes to the endworld after you and 99% of player have already experienced this alleged let-down, moot.
It'd only be an improvement, again, from that specific angle, for new players only.

Or, you should be fine with options a) and especially b).

I don't actually know what you're talking about. I was just answering the question if a distinctive end with a Black Screen would have been better than the current Endgame.

Also please don't call other peoples reasonable problems a freakout.

I don't actually know what you're talking about. I was just answering the question if a distinctive end with a Black Screen would have been better than the current Endgame.

Since you responded to my comment directed at another user, I assumed you also shared his position. To know what it is about, if interested, just read that.

Also please don't call other peoples reasonable problems a freakout.
Their debatably reasonable problems are not a freakout, the collective print deriving from various numerous reactions as a whole, across the forums and internet at large, could be referred as such as a phenomenon.

Didn't mean to offend anyone specifically.

Last edited:
Yeah, the post-end game suck to the point of ruining the whole game. They better concentrate on that or at least inform us officially via the forums whether they are going to do anything about that or not, rather than releasing these cheap ass DLCs every week, like nothing happened.

@gogusar
About the game having problems, that is true, but I think the dlcs are sort of on an automated release mode, regardless of other issues.

For one, the postend worldstate in my opinion is not one in the slightest, as it has always been intended as a bonus feature.
It's not even set after the game, as in the epilogue, but earlier almost a-chronologically.

Last edited:
The post game is only there for achievement hunters or people who have one or two side quests left to do. Most single player open ended games kinda suck once the main story is done. That's how these games usually work, so no idea why people are surprised that TW3 is any different. This only ever rectified by mods or post game expansions a la Dragon Age, Mass Effect and TES games. Even once they're done, the end game sucks again.

The post game is only there for achievement hunters or people who have one or two side quests left to do. Most single player open ended games kinda suck once the main story is done. That's how these games usually work, so no idea why people are surprised that TW3 is any different. This only ever rectified by mods or post game expansions a la Dragon Age, Mass Effect and TES games. Even once they're done, the end game sucks again.

This, I'm on the same boat here.

Even without any quest left the game is still fun to play.
I have a lot of open world games that I still play although I've completed everything.

On the first interviews CDPR stated that there will not be any option to play the game after the credits, but with the growing demand they've changed it, so let's be happy that we have that at least.

On the first interviews CDPR stated that there will not be any option to play the game after the credits, but with the growing demand they've changed it, so let's be happy that we have that at least.

The discussion about something you don't have to play got pretty big. That is true. I don't really care too much either. I won't play it. The immersion is broken anyway when they tell me that the epilogue I just saw seconds ago doesn't matter right now, so why continue. But being happy with an uncompassionate concession... no.

Last edited:
Top Bottom