13th DLC - "Where The Cat And Wolf Play"

+

Tuco

Forum veteran
I... don't seem able to find either of these two places mentioned in the DLC tutorial pop-up.
Anyone can point roughly where to start the quest?

EDIT: NVM. it's Crow's Perch apparently. For some reason the yellow message board didn't appear on the map at first.

Last edited:
I got the quest from the bulletin board in Oreton. It won't show up as yellow on your map. You have to actually travel there and then it'll show up.

It appears that the sword scales to your level, I'm 35 but the sword was 36. I saw someone else play who was level 38 and the sword was level 38. It's better than the wolf, cat. bear, viper and griffin steel swords.

I'm 35 and the sword is 35 too. It's sheath design is the same as the Witcher sword in the beginning tho, i think it is an upgraded version of it.

Last edited:
I'm 35 and the sword is 35 too. It's sheath design is the same as the Witcher sword in the beginning tho, i think it is an upgraded version of it.

By beginning, do you mean the sword during the intro when launching the game or the one you start out with when starting a new game?

Cannot get this quest. It just don't appear at notice boards of Oreton and Baron's castle. But if I load savegame before final main quest, this quest appears at Oreton board. How can i get this quest after finishing main quest?

"I am not sure about Schrödinger though. Maybe he's alive, maybe he's not."

Quite enjoable. Would have been great for it to be a part of the original release.

The only pity is that the previews for the DLC, sort of spoil the fact that the quest involves another witcher. It would have been much cooler to stumble on the quest normally, and slowly realise who it that we are we tracking.

Did anyone:
kill the Witcher? Anything interesting happens after that fight?

the quest wolf+cat is awesome, very well made,
interesting finding another witcher, and he was attacked just like geralt, never expected something like that,

Did anyone:
kill the Witcher? Anything interesting happens after that fight?

i did it, but you should see it for yourself ;)

Did both and I can say i prefer letting him live... Sure he got into some sort of "blood rage" after they tried to cheat and kill him but it's not like murdering him too would solve anything... Also that small hideout was kinda cool (wish i could make one too for Geralt xD). And it's kind of nice how geralt sits there on the bench lost in thoughts after you spare the witcher.

By the way, If you kill him you don't get the hideout quest.

CDprojekt should add a entry for him into the characters tab.

Last edited:
Overall pretty good, kinda short and sweet quest.
You can save right before you talk to him and make your choice. I loaded a mid game save, just so it wouldn't ruin gameplay experience. It was pretty good fight with lv 20 Geralt having sub optimal build and letting lv 25 cat school dude blind you for full a minute on deathmarch. But it's kinda OOC for Geralt to kill him, you miss out nice steel sword which scales to your level and a little note about cat school backstory.

Cannot get this quest. It just don't appear at notice boards of Oreton and Baron's castle. But if I load savegame before final main quest, this quest appears at Oreton board. How can i get this quest after finishing main quest?

I finished the main story quest etc and in fact virtually the whole game ,"Where the cat and wolf play" was on the notice board in Oreton for me,I had no issues with it (using GOG version). So you should not need to reload an earlier save , you have checked the DLC is installed.

Im waiting for my new gaming rig so I won't play this quest atleast for a weak, but was this quest really that awesome guys? If so - then Im super excited! :D

Top Bottom