13th DLC - "Where The Cat And Wolf Play"

+
I just did that Quest I would like to move in to that place it is set up for trophy's and Storage it was tease on there part to show us that lol.

---------- Updated at 06:05 AM ----------

He wasn't of clear mind. He lost a lot of blood and was also intoxicated by potions. Who knows what witcher potions do to decision making, like I said he was probably in some survival instinct mode where every villager is 'better safe than sorry'

or maybe he didn't wanna leave any witnesses, even if the ealdorman was an evil prick the witcher would still be hunted down for killing him.

@gloom13 those trophies kind of imply that he stayed calm at all the times he's been cheated.
Remember he Spared that little girl as she looked just like his sister so he was of Clear mind but those Villagers provoked him.

Of course, they are. After the downgrade debacle, I don't know why anyone would have any respect for them. I personally don't find this missing DLC to be much of an issue, but the graphics downgrade and CDPR's deceit surrounding it is probably the most egregious behavior I've ever seen from a developer. Much worse than Ubisoft with Watch Dogs and From Software with Dark Souls II. Hell, these people announced DLC expansions before The Witcher 3 was even released. How focused on the initial game could they have been... They have no credibility, there's nothing trustworthy about them.

This "free DLC" they've been touting is probably finished content they intentionally removed from the game in an attempt to appear charitable, when in fact, they're just another unscrupulous and greedy company.
Wow, you'd make one hell of an Eternal Fire Priest dude. Go get some more Peasants and burn a Witch!

I played this quest yesterday and it was pretty nice but what I liked the most was the loot I got. I got level 39 green witcher steel sword.

I killed him because there was no excuse in massacring the whole village, he should have killed those who tried to kill him and then demanded his payment from remaining villagers, threatened them if need be but killing even those who can't even defend themselves is a bit too extreme.

Besides he wasn't honest himself because after Geralt ask him to stand and fight, he ask for a Swallow potion so it can be a fair fight, I gave him that and the next moment he threw a Samum on Geralt making him blind during the start of fight.

Good riddance I say.

Last edited:
@Exentryk

I guess I spoiled the other end for you, I saw everyone was openly discussing it so I also posted mine just like that. I am sorry.

Edited the post with spoiler tags.

@Exentryk

I guess I spoiled the other end for you, I saw everyone was openly discussing it so I also posted mine just like that. I am sorry.

Edited the post with spoiler tags.

Don't worry about it man. The other outcome was pretty obvious anyway, so all good. I don't mind.

I thought the entire quest was a great addition to the ' nature of evil' theme that runs strongly through the books and the games.

Morality goes out the window in a time of war - if you think the next day might be your last then you behave very differently in all sorts of ways.

Did anyone else read the note that was left at the stash? Nice touch I thought :)

I didn't think it was much of a choice, really. The guy murdered innocents in cold blood. That doesn't create any moral dilemmas for me.

And the guy throwing a bomb in my face after I gave him the chance to drink some swallow didn't help his case in my eyes..

With regard to Blaviken,
Geralt didn't kill any innocents there as I recall so I don't think it's an apt comparison.

I didn't think it was much of a choice, really. The guy murdered innocents in cold blood. That doesn't create any moral dilemmas for me.
[/spoiler]
I wouldn't call it cold blood when they first stuck a pitchfork in his back. He was acting in self defence. I agree he did go a bit too far, but hes a witcher, a killing machine, you press the wrong buttons and your in for a world of pain.

Has anyone tried 'NOT' fighting him after realizing that 'well they did attack him' and would Geralt have done any different. What happens if you don't fight him.

The Cat and Wolf Play - An open shut case?

So I feel that maybe this quest spun me for a loop, it seemed so blindingly obvious that he was deserving of death - I played a penniless Witcher pretty much throughout, any time the option came I'd refuse or give back my payment to help those who needed it more - But this Witcher was a pure arsehole.

Had he only killed those who 'attacked him' I may have understood, but once I saw old men and women killed in their homes I knew it was his death that was needed (His Steel Sword was actually pretty good too) but I cannot help feel I was missing something that would incriminate the villagers as very few quests are open and shut like this.

-What was your reactions to the Honorton massacre and did you tell the child's aunt the truth?

I did and offered her money to soften the blow I don't think I turned her opinion on Witchers around and I had to support the child, she was clever.

In my playthrough, i let him go, i took my time with that option simply because it was definitely one of the tougher choices i went through with. Personally though, i didn't feel like Geralt should judge him unfairly to what seemed like a natural reaction because he risked his life to help the villagers, they then refuse to pay and then try to kill you....so him defending himself seemed like something Geralt would understand and in his words "sometimes heads just roll"

He let the girl go, so that was ok in my books but the fact that he slaughtered innocents because he was something of a loose cannon means i can understand why other players may choose to kill him. Besides there aren't many witchers left and i didn't feel like Geralt should kill one.....he had an excuse for fighting back after some of the villagers initiated the fight, but he went too far with killing all but one of the innocents. I mean even Geralt will slaughter a bunch of people because of one person (Radovid and his soldiers who were just doing their job for example), and i didn't think Geralt in this situation should be taking the moral high ground, i don't know, it just didn't feel 'right' to take actions into my own hands in that situation, also he seemed regretful of his actions.....just my opinion of course.

Anyway i took the girl to the aunt and like you told her the truth and then gave her money.....the quest reminded me a lot of the Succubus contract - did you kill the succubus because she was defending herself (in her words)? or what about the troll (from the dlc)? some of these quests are done very well, and definitely a great dlc mission.

In my playthrough, i let him go, i took my time with that option simply because it was definitely one of the tougher choices i went through with. Personally though, i didn't feel like Geralt should judge him unfairly to what seemed like a natural reaction because he risked his life to help the villagers, they then refuse to pay and then try to kill you....so him defending himself seemed like something Geralt would understand and in his words "sometimes heads just roll"

He let the girl go, so that was ok in my books but the fact that he slaughtered innocents because he was something of a loose cannon means i can understand why other players may choose to kill him. Besides there aren't many witchers left and i didn't feel like Geralt should kill one.....he had an excuse for fighting back after some of the villagers initiated the fight, but he went too far with killing all but one of the innocents. I mean even Geralt will slaughter a bunch of people because of one person (Radovid and his soldiers who were just doing their job for example), and i didn't think Geralt in this situation should be taking the moral high ground, i don't know, it just didn't feel 'right' to take actions into my own hands in that situation, also he seemed regretful of his actions.....just my opinion of course.

Anyway i took the girl to the aunt and like you told her the truth and then gave her money.....the quest reminded me a lot of the Succubus contract - did you kill the succubus because she was defending herself (in her words)? or what about the troll (from the dlc)? some of these quests are done very well, and definitely a great dlc mission.

I always tried to talk my way out of fights with soldiers, only during Radovid's assassination (which made me love Philippa even more) and obviously during the prison break I had to kill some Red's but I had no mercy when it came to killing Witch Hunters.

I don't think I found the Succubus contract, I am currently running round post game finding and doing all that I didn't do during the actual playthrough to get all of the mastercrafted Witcher gear so I will probably find it soon, but I often take the side of the monsters/non-humans, obviously I don't go bias but I will side with them if I believe they're in the right.

I always tried to talk my way out of fights with soldiers, only during Radovid's assassination (which made me love Philippa even more) and obviously during the prison break I had to kill some Red's but I had no mercy when it came to killing Witch Hunters.

I don't think I found the Succubus contract, I am currently running round post game finding and doing all that I didn't do during the actual playthrough to get all of the mastercrafted Witcher gear so I will probably find it soon, but I often take the side of the monsters/non-humans, obviously I don't go bias but I will side with them if I believe they're in the right.

Yeah i agree, usually i will only have Geralt fight back in self-defense because the enemy attacked him first, and killing the witch hunters...well i had no problems/regrets with that. I hope i didn't spoil the succubus contract for you if you haven't done it yet, but there are a lot of these great moments that aren't so black or white (good vs evil).

In regards to the topic, i also think that maybe leaving him alive will be more of a punishment than killing him, because now he has to live with his actions and his regrets (if he truly does regret them), also he most likely killed the husbands and fathers of women/children and that could mean a life of poverty, starving or won't be able to defend themselves from monsters. Anyway usually when it comes to monsters like dopplers or succubus' i will generally side with them although it depends on the situation, for self-defense i usually side with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom