16 DLC?

+
16 DLC?

i just installed the game and created an account with GOG. isn't there supposed to be 16 DLC's and so forth, available? I don't see it anywhere??

i just installed the game and created an account with GOG. isn't there supposed to be 16 DLC's and so forth, available? I don't see it anywhere??

They are just under the patches:

View attachment 32210

Attachments

• capture_04022016_194606.jpg
    capture_04022016_194606.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
If you installed using Galaxy, they would have installed automatically. If you installed manually via Gog, it's a separate download (as shown in the link above). From the game's main menu you can turn on/off those that people would consider optional when playing.

I don't understand...sorry to be so slow.

I installed from a CD and when I went to play the game connected to GOG, if I recall correctly. I made and account. I don't see anything in the main menus of the game that allows me access to the DLC's.

And I don't know where jjavier's screen shot is coming from.

If you log into your Gog account directly from the browser, there's an option to view your Gog library, and you can see the files there - that's where the screenshot came from.

Anyway, from your other post, it looks like Galaxy is updating everything to the latest patch, so you should get your DLC with it. Galaxy usually updates both.

Hello,
I've got a small issue too with the 16 DLC.
they seems to be installed because I can play with them ingame (I just finished a DLC quest about the missing miners.
But on Galaxy, it says that the 16 DLC aren't installed :
View attachment 32250
Whatever I do with the check box : I checked the box, it installed the dlc, but the checkbox remains unchecked...
This may be only a glich in Galaxy client ;)

Attachments

• 2016-04-03 09_10_54.jpg
    2016-04-03 09_10_54.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 70
@MilesTEG1 - while it may be related, it's not the exact same problem as the OP, whose game needs to be patched from 1.0 to 1.12.1.

Try bypassing Galaxy :)

Hello,
I've got a small issue too with the 16 DLC.
they seems to be installed because I can play with them ingame (I just finished a DLC quest about the missing miners.
But on Galaxy, it says that the 16 DLC aren't installed :

Whatever I do with the check box : I checked the box, it installed the dlc, but the checkbox remains unchecked...
This may be only a glich in Galaxy client ;)
I've got that too. It works anyway, so not a big deal, just a little bit misleading. I remember GOG Galaxy downloading some Witcher 3 patch (~2GB, no mention in changelog, whatsoever) a few days ago, and basically that's when it started to behave like that (verifying, etc., doesn't fix the issue.

But, as I wrote, the DLCs are still working fine despite not showing in GOG Galaxy. And indeed, it's not even remotely related to the OP's issue ;).

I updated my video drivers and got an error message that a file critical to Galaxy was now missing (it worked before), so following advice in another thread (and here) I bypassed Galaxy to run TW3.

The game seems to work fine and the DLC's are still there in the game.

Is there a thread that details what the various DLC's bring to the game and explains the advantages of using them? And when?

Some seem more like mods than new levels or quests.

Is there a thread that details what the various DLC's bring to the game and explains the advantages of using them? And when?

Some seem more like mods than new levels or quests.
I don't believe we've such a thread, however, for a general overview you can see here:
  • Temerian Armor Set - Reserved for the finest of warriors serving the kindgom of Temeria, the Temerian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse armor.
  • Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt - Customize Geralt of Rivia to your liking with this amazing set of beards and hairstyles.
  • New Quest - "Contract: Missing Miners" - Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening!
  • Alternative Look for Yennefer - Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg!
  • Nilfgaardian Armor set - Crafted from the finest materials available, the Nilfgaardian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse armor.
  • Crossbow set - three new crossbows - Bring down your enemies with lethal accuracy and extend your tactical possibilities with this elite crossbow DLC.
  • New Quest - 'Fool's Gold' - Geralt and a village idiot team up to learn the secret of an abandoned village inhabited entirely by pigs.
  • Ballad Heroes' Neutral Gwent Card Set - Make your Gwent Deck legendary! The 'Ballad Heroes' neutral Gwent card set will provide alternative cards capturing characters from Dandelion's ballads in all their glory.
  • Triss alternative costume - Love to play dress up? Now you can with this exclusive new look for Triss Merigold.
  • New Quest - Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear - Adventure awaits! Embark on an epic treasure hunt and get your hands on a long-lost elite set of Wolf School witcher gear!
  • New Quest - 'Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted' - A monster hunt like no other -- Can you survive it?
  • Skellige Armor Set - Enhanced for the frigid climate of the Skellige Archipelago, this set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse tack.
  • New Quest - Where the Cat and Wolf Play… - Explore a forgotten village and discover its terrifying secret. Find out who or what slaughtered its inhabitants and use all your witcher skills to confront this mysterious force.
  • Alternative Look for Ciri - Mix things up with this new and finely crafted outfit for Ciri.
  • New Finisher Animations - Slay your foes in new brutal and spectacular ways with this visceral and adrenaline-pumping DLC!
  • NEW GAME + - Hungry for more action? Start a new game with all the skills and items from your previous playthrough, get better loot, slay even more ferocious beasts and relive the epic fantasy adventure that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!
https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program

I don't believe we've such a thread, however, for a general overview you can see here:
https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program

Thanks for that.

When is it appropriate to "activate(?)" these dlc's and /or new quests? And why?

For instance, when would I add the Temerian Armour Set? And why would I not add the Nilfgaargian Set? Which is better? Whats wrong with the default set? (I know these are mods and add-ons, but what I'm getting at is why would you choose to activate the DLC or leave it inactive?

Same with the new quests...if I choose to activate them at the beginning of the game, are they there from the start of the game or do they pop up at the appropriate skill level and time in the game?

For instance, when would I add the Temerian Armour Set? And why would I not add the Nilfgaargian Set? Which is better? Whats wrong with the default set? (I know these are mods and add-ons, but what I'm getting at is why would you choose to activate the DLC or leave it inactive?

Same with the new quests...if I choose to activate them at the beginning of the game, are they there from the start of the game or do they pop up at the appropriate skill level and time in the game?
You're welcome. The DLCs are not strictly necessary to play. However, they add a bit more content, gameplay, and the gear can be very helpful. Having them all activated does no real harm, nor necessarily alters the base game significantly, depending on how you play. The Temerian, Nilfgaardian, and Skelligian armour sets don't replace existing ones, nor does the Wolf Gear (although there may still be a glitch which prevents the completion of the wolven scavenger hunt.) They have required levels, much like the new quests, which you will discover as you play, and may be pursued when you reach the appropriate point. However, it should be noted that the 'Ballad Heroes' Gwent Card Set', and the alternative looks for Ciri, Triss, and Yen are rather a matter of personal aesthetic taste (some people don't like them). New Game + only matters if you wish to replay the game at an altered difficulty, after completing the main game.

All DLCs should be installed.

The "Alternate Look" ones for Ciri, Yen and Triss and the Ballad Heroes Gwent Cards should be activated ONLY if you decide you want to use the DLC. The rest should be activated anyway, they just add stuff to the game, and leave it up to you whether you use it or not.

Top Bottom