17 GB update

+
Downloading this update right now on my PS5 but I don't see any posts from CDPR about what it addresses? The more updates the better though, so I'm not complaining lol
:shrug:

Ooops, nvm there it is

Last edited:
Really hope this fixes the crash issue. I can handle bugs and glitches but the constant crashing is a huge issue.
Yes me as well. I guess we'll find out. It's just good to see these patches rolling in. I told myself I was taking a break from this game until more patches come. I still will probably. I just enjoy the atmosphere and the genre so much I don't want to ruin the experience until a ton of issues are addressed.

Guest 4421288

This is last Hotfix before holiday period. This is THE patch that can turn around everything from no more crashing and in couple of days feedback it returns to PS Store.

Then it is big Jan and Feb updates as understandable CDP devs need their holiday off too. But depends if people are willing to wait 1-2 months and not refund.

T
This is last Hotfix before holiday period. This is THE patch that can turn around everything from no more crashing and in couple of days feedback it returns to PS Store.

Then it is big Jan and Feb updates as understandable CDP devs need their holiday off too. But depends if people are willing to wait 1-2 months and not refund.

There is a slight chance there may be another one right before the holiday because of it getting taken down. I'm not sure they were expecting it when they first announced their game plan last week. But I think at this point they may just take the holiday sales loss and tank the refunds so that their devs can take a break and refresh so they can do more effective work in the coming months and not just quit en masse.

I for one, can wait until they fix almost everything months from now. But that's just me. I mean the more updates the better for sure! But I truly believe the artists, designers, programmers, story creators at this company truly love the stories and worlds they create. It will just take more time. More time then the higher ups would have admitted obviously.

I'll admit, they raised the bar so high with The Witcher 3, for me personally, that even I still have rose colored glasses on when I see their logo. Can they make every single feature they envisioned for the game come to fruition? Probably not. But can it still become an amazing world to experience with amazing future content to come? I think hell yeah it can.

As anxious as I am to play this game, I'm in no rush. There's plenty of games I can play in the meantime that I was going to get into just in case they delayed the game until 2021 lol. Hey I waited 8 years, I can wait two more months. But then again that's just me.

Last edited:
PS4 user here. Slim 1TB to be exact. Ive had WAYYYY more issues with Bethesda or Ubisoft Open world games. You guys did a fantastic job and keep improving! Ive been here since day 0! Level 27 StreetKid(StreetCred 30) Level 7 Corpo(StreetCred 12) & Level 3 Nomad (StreetCred 2). YOU GUYS DID AMAZING!!!! SO WORTH THE WAIT & AGAIN PS4 1TB HERE! ONLY ISSUE IVE HAD IS CRASH BUT I SAVE A LOT!

Still getting crashes even after 1.05. I even got an application freeze, which I had never gotten before the patch.

It's a real shame.

PS4 user here. Slim 1TB to be exact. Ive had WAYYYY more issues with Bethesda or Ubisoft Open world games. You guys did a fantastic job and keep improving! Ive been here since day 0! Level 27 StreetKid(StreetCred 30) Level 7 Corpo(StreetCred 12) & Level 3 Nomad (StreetCred 2). YOU GUYS DID AMAZING!!!! SO WORTH THE WAIT & AGAIN PS4 1TB HERE! ONLY ISSUE IVE HAD IS CRASH BUT I SAVE A LOT!

3 Rubles have been deposited into your account. Excellent work.

Playing on ps4 and just played a bit after the update. Frame rate was still dropping from time to time even while on foot running around the streets. NPC crowds are the same and I didn't notice much of a change.
I think it fixed a lot of mission bugs and that's it. It's a start though.

Wait, when you create a new character origin there's some sort of new profile for the saves? Because when I tried to create a new character with the same origin I already played with, the original saves are replaced...

Guest 4421288

I created manual save after 100% street kid playthrough.

2nd run as Corpo I started it overwrites all autosaves.

Wait, when you create a new character origin there's some sort of new profile for the saves? Because when I tried to create a new character with the same origin I already played with, the original saves are replaced...

Either they change graphical assets of the game so the update is 17GB, or Playstation has terrible update system compared to Steam.

Either they change graphical assets of the game so the update is 17GB, or Playstation has terrible update system compared to Steam.
I have no firsthand knowledge about this kind of shit, but I read somewhere on here that with consoles it's not as simple as replacing individual files like on PC so you're forced to redownload a whole archive which includes things not edited by the patch.

I have no firsthand knowledge about this kind of shit, but I read somewhere on here that with consoles it's not as simple as replacing individual files like on PC so you're forced to redownload a whole archive which includes things not edited by the patch.
That's terrible for console players then. I have a slow internet connection, I can't imagine downloading 17GB update for very little changes.

Guest 4421288

Yup the updates system is not incremental. It is Windows Update Rollup which includes previous patches.

Even worse is that you have to have larger size spare than actual download

I mean see attached example of COD Modern Warfare. That game has hardly any maps, low graphics for last 7 years and content to justify massive over 250GB install!

Sony better announce something about NVM SSD expansion or use of external USB SDD drive too as I'm about to run out of space because you can't put PS5 games on external drive.

That's terrible for console players then. I have a slow internet connection, I can't imagine downloading 17GB update for very little changes.

Attachments

• PS copy process.JPG
    PS copy process.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 75

I am willing to wait a year or so until the game is fixed but i am not returning the game. Yes i pre-order the game yes it was in a bad shape but i will keep it because i know they will fix the game in 3 to 6 months from now.I believe CDPR will fix the game they are different from all other companies they made a mistake lets just give them a second chance.

Not for me really, it downloaded in about 10 minutes on my PS5 (I have Verizon Fios). And thankfully, like the last update, it did not increase the size of the game any. It's still 101GB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom