175 hour playthrough? Yes, please....

+
Sorry if this has been posted already.

If this is even just somewhat close to being true then I'm ecstatic! I mean I played W3 on Deathmarch and took my time and finished in 135 hours, I then continued for another 15 or so hours for a total of 150...and this game is the same or can possibly have more? What?!

I know this tester was stealthing and looting everything but even taking that into account, it seems someone like me will be more than satisfied! It wasn't even a completionist playthrough :eek: I was happy with the idea of around 80 hours, anything over 100 is a massive bonus :)

I dont think so.. The guy who had that is a play tester.

Yeah, but he did seem to say it was one playthrough and I'm hoping that his 175 hour playthrough translates to 100+ for me ;) He even said it was on-going, as in he hasn't finished yet...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

“Not really, that’s just one of my ongoing slow-paced playthroughs on the hardest difficulty where I play more stealthy than usual, loot everything, use every feature the game has to offer, I take my time.”

Yeah, but he did seem to say it was one playthrough and I'm hoping that his 175 hour playthrough translates to 100+ for me ;) He even said it was on-going, as in he hasn't finished yet...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

“Not really, that’s just one of my ongoing slow-paced playthroughs on the hardest difficulty where I play more stealthy than usual, loot everything, use every feature the game has to offer, I take my time.”

Well, I wont belive that until I see it. But I am hopefull it could be possible. I think though ill adopt the slow playstyle, and even steal the idea from someone else on this forum and just walk everywhere instead of running and using quick travel.

With a sense of urgency set in the game scenario, it will probably not happens to me, unless I can still play when the main scenario is over.

Probably just depends on how much fun you find in exploring and playing in the game world. In open world games I easily can make it over 100 hours because I like to screw around. Some people play for story and breeze through these types of games while others find distractions that keep them in longer than average. Always seems to take me triple the average time to beat most games.

Probably just depends on how much fun you find in exploring and playing in the game world. In open world games I easily can make it over 100 hours because I like to screw around. Some people play for story and breeze through these types of games while others find distractions that keep them in longer than average. Always seems to take me triple the average time to beat most games.

Exactly.

I find 175+ hours to be an exaggeration, but certainly not impossible. I think certain play styles will make missions take longer than others; generally speaking, sneaking around and avoiding conflict takes longer than blasting everything in sight. Then add in diversions, distractions, etc. and you can easily log 175+ hours if you're enjoying yourself. I'm the type of player who doesn't like to fast travel unless getting around normally gets super tedious (ex. most Bethesda games), so that's a solid few hours there too.

Easy joke: I'll spend 175+ customizing my character :p

There has been rumours that theres insane amount of side quets so it makes sense. Man, Im so damn ready. I havent played games since Summer.

175 hour isnt actually much if you think replayability too. Lets say the game is 70 hour, you play it twice, you're at 140.

Exactly.

I find 175+ hours to be an exaggeration, but certainly not impossible. I think certain play styles will make missions take longer than others; generally speaking, sneaking around and avoiding conflict takes longer than blasting everything in sight. Then add in diversions, distractions, etc. and you can easily log 175+ hours if you're enjoying yourself. I'm the type of player who doesn't like to fast travel unless getting around normally gets super tedious (ex. most Bethesda games), so that's a solid few hours there too.

Easy joke: I'll spend 175+ customizing my character :p

Yeah, stealth definitely makes things take a hell of a lot longer. In Dishonored 1 and 2 one of my favorite things to do is try to take out every single NPC non-lethally and without being spotted. This easily turns the normally 20 hour games into 40 to 60 hours for me. Also, any game that has driving and music will see me spending a hell of a lot of time just aimlessly driving around and listening to the music. So yeah, between my love of stealth game play and driving and music, I'll most likely be finishing this game about the end of spring.

Top Bottom