18 Hours in, finished the Prologue/Act 1, some thoughts and feedback [Light Spoilers]

+
Hey Guys,

Apparently you can't discuss things over at reddit. So I'm posting here to get some questions answered and give general feedback. If it's in the wrong place or there's a megathread, can moderators please merge/ move instead of deleting.

Just finished The prologue, when Cyberpunk 2077 title appears. Few things I want to discuss give feedback.
I played on a potato laptop on Low settings at 900p with stable 30fps, running off an SSD, so can't comment on graphics, but I had only 1 graphical glitch and 1 gameplay glitch. Braindance didn't return to 100fov after it ended. Saving and reloading fixed the issue. The gameplay glitch clipped me through the ground when I got out from the car when I parked right next to the curb. So here's the negatives first.
  • The backstory felt really abrupt and short. It felt like there should have been a proper backstory quest. I played corpo and expected V and Jackie to reminiscent of their first meeting which would serve as a tutorial. The montage afterwards was very weird as well. I hope that Enhanced Edition like Witcher 1 and 2 had would fix those issues.
  • The game felt very linear so far. It felt as nothing you do actually matters, in Witcher 3 white orchard we right away introduced to consequences in blacksmith arsonist quest. I did save the Maelstrom previous boss from the mines, but never seen any consequences from it. Hopefully it's just hasn't revealed itself
  • The Heist mission. It felt that how you did it has no bearing on the plot. I stealthed through the entire aftermath, including the guys attacking the Taxi ride. I feel that there should have been at least some acknowledgement of what the player did. Or better, keeping Jackie alive but needing medical attention outside the city if he's in the way of the main story.
  • Some lines that ask for extra info are sometimes very weird. Taking to Viktor for example, you tell him the Dex hired you, and then he acts surprised two lines afterwards
Now what's good.
  • The soundtrack is top notch so far.
  • The world building is amazing, the side jobs that ask you to take someone out, you can complete stealthily and non-lethaly, so your job parameters change and you need to carry the guy out to the fixer.
Questions I have
  • Can T-Bug be kept alive? She's present in Cinematic trailer in No-Tell Motel so I hoped I'll at least see 1 familiar face.
  • What do you guys feel about the first act/prologue?

Here have a good justification about some things in prologue (and general game). Pag. 5 (some good words here about how the game was produced in midle a pandemic desease).

Here have a good justification about some things in prologue (and general game). Pag. 5 (some good words here about how the game was produced in midle a pandemic desease).

Interesting, read through the thread, there are some good points.

Top Bottom