18th (?) Cyberpsycho

+
Hey,
During Family Matters side quest (Rancho Coronado) we meet with Rose Harrigan, definnietly a Cyberpsycho. I treated her gently, as other CP.
Yet Regina Jones seems not to care abut her at all.

Migh be nice touch to send an to SMS Regina about her.

mbrto

Forum regular
when i completed the psycho killer quest i had at least 2 left
the one with family matters and the one in the mox warehouse

Regina cares for those 17.. cause its scripted.. there are probably over 20 that you encounter in the game but she never says anything about them.. dont worry about it, the whole game is not connected lol

I wonder if the quest was originally meant to be 20.

Mind you, defeating a cyberpsycho Solo (capitalization intended) is like killing a Predator or xenomorph. It is a legendary fucking action that only a handful of people in 80s scifi have done.

The game treats this way too casually.

I wonder if the quest was originally meant to be 20.

Mind you, defeating a cyberpsycho Solo (capitalization intended) is like killing a Predator or xenomorph. It is a legendary fucking action that only a handful of people in 80s scifi have done.

The game treats this way too casually.

I fight some cyberpsycho at low level, and it will be very creazy.
I still remember Rose Harrigan, who will blink to me and use her Mantis blade to butcher me in half second.
I tried an hour then realized I can only win the fight with some dirty trick.
I use the landform to hide at high level, that force her change pistol, then I jump to her and use melee weapon to deal damage. She will change mantis blade back and I will run immediately when the blade jump out, climb back to the high level...
There also many powerful cyberpsycho if you challenge them at low level, but the game math ruin most of them.

Cyberpsychos can be one shot and knocked out(not killed) at low level(think street credit 20) without cheating! All you need to do it to buy a projectile launcher and get the tranquiliser ammo from the ripper doc. Sneak, Aim, Fire, out cold, message Regina...

There's also a cyberpsycho attacking the JinGuji shop, when the lady from the 2013 trailer shows up as a MaxTac squadmember. IIRC that one is not on Reginas list right?
Yeah it's weird that the lady from the first trailer ends up as MaxTac cop. I assume it's just more content they cut or didn't get a chance to finish.
photomode_05012021_134535 (2).png

Yeah it's weird that the lady from the first trailer ends up as MaxTac cop. I assume it's just more content they cut or didn't get a chance to finish.
View attachment 11132636

You get a text from the vendor later, that he digged up some info on her - that she's "rehabilitated" from cyberpsychosis a few years prior.

Read somewhere that the original concept for CP 2077 was MaxTac hunting down cyberpsychos to "turn them". Could be a remnant of that concept (if it's even true).

Just done this mission, and it's really unsatisfactory. I carefully took Rose down with an electric baton so as not to kill her. But then what? You can't call Regina and ask her to help, or ask her to give you the contact details of the people she's working with who help cyberpsychos so they can help. Muamar Reyes doesn't offer to help. And you can't even phone Trauma Team and pay them to help. At the same time, Rose is clearly a dangerous cyberpsycho, so you can't leave her 'knocked out' because sooner or later she'll come to with no medication and no one to care for her, and she'll go out and kill folk.

So after I'd dropped off the data shard I thought that the only humane thing I could do was go back and essentially do a mercy killing while she was unconscious (which some people report that you can do on Regina's cyberpsycho quests). But, when I got there, I found that you can't. You can't kill her, and you can't open the freezer in the basement and put her in it.
Family matters.png

So it really feels there's no satisfactory conclusion to this quest. I mean, I know it's not the only one which doesn't have a satisfactory conclusion, but this somehow feels particularly egregious.

Attachments

• Family matters.png
    Family matters.png
    3 MB · Views: 60
It's simply that the two quests are unrelated. Not even El Capitan knew about what had gone down, so how would Regina?
Well, I think you ought to be able to phone her and say 'I've found another cyberpsycho, she's still alive, what do I do?" and go from there.

Lizzie Wizzie is another similar case. She's obviously a cyberpsycho, she's obviously dangerous to herself and to others, she obviously needs help (if there is any help).

The whole point of the Regina cyberpsycho quests was to develop a method of helping. So what was it, did it work, and can it be used to help these people? This is a plot loose end that really should be tied up.

Guest 4400165

You get a text from the vendor later, that he digged up some info on her - that she's "rehabilitated" from cyberpsychosis a few years prior.

Read somewhere that the original concept for CP 2077 was MaxTac hunting down cyberpsychos to "turn them". Could be a remnant of that concept (if it's even true).
There is also an email in the Police station V breaks in with River that shows there's more to her and cyberpsychos.

Hey,
During Family Matters side quest (Rancho Coronado) we meet with Rose Harrigan, definnietly a Cyberpsycho. I treated her gently, as other CP.
Yet Regina Jones seems not to care abut her at all.

Migh be nice touch to send an to SMS Regina about her.
Regina Jones only asks you to take down cyberpsychos she's heard police reports about that haven't been dealt with by MaxTac yet, Rose hasn't left the basement since killing her sister so literally nobody has any clue she's gone psycho. You only stumble upon her doing another job.

The same applies to the cyberpsycho in Jinguji, he goes psycho just outside the store and then gets taken down almost immediately by V, so there's never a chance for Regina to hear about it and call V to ask them to take him down.

Does Royce also count as cyberpsycho in one of the possible path to the conclusion of the 'Pickup' quest? Listening to his ramblings it seems that, as the events precipitated, he connected himself to that Miltech powersuit in a hurry causing short circuits and definitively loss of self control.

Does Royce also count as cyberpsycho in one of the possible path to the conclusion of the 'Pickup' quest? Listening to his ramblings it seems that, as the events precipitated, he connected himself to that Miltech powersuit in a hurry causing short circuits and definitively loss of self control.
Probably not. If it's the case, all the "boss" are chromed and could be considered as cyberpsycho :)

Top Bottom