18th (?) Cyberpsycho

+
Reading about the Maelstrom gang, a fair number of them are technically cyberpsycho, while others are borderline, due to the heavy augmentation.

For me (and what i understanded in game), all the "cyberpsycho" no longer control themselves.
The maelstromer are just addicted to chrome and crazy :D
It's a little bit different :)

When I encountered my second Cyberpsycho way back in december and I accidentally shot it with a shotgun. It still counted as having turned it in alive.
Since then I've used either nekomata, Overwatch, Mantis Blades or whatever weapon was applicable under the circumstances and NONE were reported as dead after you deplete the HP bar.
Just to test my theory I shot some through the face after the initial takedown (which was nearly always much more brutal) it counted as a kill.
Seems to me the dead or alive aspect to this quest is not working as intended

When I encountered my second Cyberpsycho way back in december and I accidentally shot it with a shotgun. It still counted as having turned it in alive.
Since then I've used either nekomata, Overwatch, Mantis Blades or whatever weapon was applicable under the circumstances and NONE were reported as dead after you deplete the HP bar.
Just to test my theory I shot some through the face after the initial takedown (which was nearly always much more brutal) it counted as a kill.
Seems to me the dead or alive aspect to this quest is not working as intended
No problem, it works, but like all the "boss".
Once defeated, they are still alive (just knocked out) no matter what weapon you use. (like Woodman, Sasquatch or Oda who stays alive unless you finish him off once on land) ;)

Guest 4400165

The same applies to the cyberpsycho in Jinguji, he goes psycho just outside the store and then gets taken down almost immediately by V, so there's never a chance for Regina to hear about it and call V to ask them to take him down.
Yeah, the game wants you to think otherwise. Even if you kill/knock out the guy (which after 1.2 leaves him standing upright, which is funny), V still throws his little rant how MaxTac waltzed in and shot him down without blinking. And he isn't even that hard to deal with even on low levels.

My guess cyberpsychos were supposed to be very hard to beat, but at some point were toned down a couple of notches. Some of them are tougher than the others, but overall it creates a dissonance.

No problem, it works, but like all the "boss".
Once defeated, they are still alive (just knocked out) no matter what weapon you use. (like Woodman, Sasquatch or Oda who stays alive unless you finish him off once on land) ;)
I suppose it depends on what you define as 'it works' :p
Its definately not what I would expect, specifically with these gigs.
To me it feels more like being on that bowling alley where the rails are up, haha.

I suppose it depends on what you define as 'it works' :p
Its definately not what I would expect, specifically with these gigs.
To me it feels more like being on that bowling alley where the rails are up, haha.
Yes, but they are considered as "boss" and all "boss" work like that.
Maybe in futur patch, it will be modified :)

I agree with that sense of dissonance. Cyberpsychos are supposed to be terrifying, not said. 17+ cyberpsychos in one city? They be called in the heavy, heavy cavalry.

Yes, but they are considered as "boss" and all "boss" work like that.
Maybe in futur patch, it will be modified :)
Yeah that would be true indeed.
All I'm saying really it was a bit of a surprise that I still 'aced' the gig even though I went to town on them with heavy firepower :p
We'll see if it gets reworked. Its not a priority thing for me :)
The good side of it.. I get to use me Grad :D Every day I love that thing more and more!
SPT32 Grad.png

Top Bottom